The Million Dollar Question....

Correct it is going to take some time.

But.......if we get into July and DVC is not open while other parks and other timeshares are in Florida, then DVC will have a problem.

Agree, Disney wants to get everything up and running as soon as possible, but they have to get it right. It will be a horrible PR nightmare if other timeshares and hotels are open and Disney is not.

I'm sure there are maintenance workers checking rooms for broken pipes and such. But it's not like turning on a switch and hanging up the 'open' sign. The restaurants have to be stocked too to make for a decent experience. Guests have expectations that DVC knows it has to meet. Just being open will not be good enough.

My crystal ball is saying hotels and all DVC will open by July 1st if not earlier along with all pools, restaurants and at least one park.

What I think is totally annoying is that DVC is not telling the owners what their plan is for when they will reopen. Members need to know so members can plan appropriately. They are suppose to be working for us, but right now if feels more like we are hostage to whatever they eventually get around to doing. Have to say I am not very impressed with how they are running things.

What I think is totally annoying is that DVC is not telling the owners what their plan is for when they will reopen.
DVC can't say anything until they know what the WDW parks and resorts are doing. Even then they probably won't be the first out with the news.

Parks are not a guaranteed part of DVC and can't be used as a reason for opening or not opening.

Right. DVC is completely separate from the Parks. People who dont own DVC dont really know that and that is why DVC is always lumped in with the parks.

I am wondering if DVC themselves is banking on people forgetting that and maybe hoping that will give them a little more time with DVC

Right. DVC is completely separate from the Parks. People who dont own DVC dont really know that and that is why DVC is always lumped in with the parks.

I am wondering if DVC themselves is banking on people forgetting that and maybe hoping that will give them a little more time with DVC

It has just been confirmed that the deal with the NBA is a go, So, as a DVC owner, if they can bring back CMs for that, then I am expecting DVCM to push Disney to allow CMs back to work to get resorts for owners up and running.

I will be pushing it with them if we don’t get info this week.

It has just been confirmed that the deal with the NBA is a go, So, as a DVC owner, if they can bring back CMs for that, then I am expecting DVCM to push Disney to allow CMs back to work to get resorts for owners up and running.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t think there’s any formal deal with the NBA yet.

According to ESPN, the league has a call set for Friday with owners and player reps to provide an update. Between now and then, we may hear the word “tentative” used a lot. But any deal will involve a lot of concessions on both sides, leaving things very up-in-the-air until everyone votes and agrees.

The timeline will depend on the terms of the deal. The league is hoping to recall players to begin workouts around June 1, with games potentially not starting until mid-July. They could create this Disney “bubble” sooner, having teams move to Orlando and resume practices at WWOS in June. Or they could all remain in their home states and not relocate until later in July.

Unless I’m missing something, I don’t think there’s any formal deal with the NBA yet.

According to ESPN, the league has a call set for Friday with owners and player reps to provide an update. Between now and then, we may hear the word “tentative” used a lot. But any deal will involve a lot of concessions on both sides, leaving things very up-in-the-air until everyone votes and agrees.

The timeline will depend on the terms of the deal. The league is hoping to recall players to begin workouts around June 1, with games potentially not starting until mid-July. They could create this Disney “bubble” sooner, having teams move to Orlando and resume practices at WWOS in June. Or they could all remain in their home states and not relocate until later in July.

This is what I read:

https://www.nba.com/blazers/forward...Jd9zGWZiAK1uzwhvaZIvBGmSHc24DyBMrL4OXuv3Gq400

Interesting headline they chose. :crazy2:

It’s still in the discussion stage, which the body of the story confirms. Personally I do think there’s a greater than 50/50 chance it will happen. But there are just so many things that could happen to derail at this stage. Players will have to agree to be sequestered for weeks, perhaps without family. And there is risk of infection.

There is great financial incentive for play to resume, but the league cannot force players to assemble under those conditions. They must be willing. And timelines are speculative until they have a deal. There’s about a 4 week window in June-July when they could actually arrive in Florida.

Last edited:

What would be our options if they continue to keep DVC closed? I dont think much we can do right?

What would be our options if they continue to keep DVC closed? I dont think much we can do right?

if many members push and mention taking legal action, it could at least get us info.

However, in the reality of it all, by the time something like that came to fruition, they’d most likely be open,

I do think that after this week, members who believe it’s time should be contacting them...that is why I am going to do,

I was fine with things up until now...but, if this isn’t resolved by July 1st. I do intend to hold them to explaining specifically what legal legs they are standing on to continue it.

if many members push and mention taking legal action, it could at least get us info.

However, in the reality of it all, by the time something like that came to fruition, they’d most likely be open,

I do think that after this week, members who believe it’s time should be contacting them...that is why I am going to do,

I was fine with things up until now...but, if this isn’t resolved by July 1st. I do intend to hold them to explaining specifically what legal legs they are standing on to continue it.

I am behind you 100%.

I have this gut feeling we are NOT going to hear anything again this week from Disney.

Keep us updated and lets us know what to do if you need help.

I'm sure this is being discussed somewhere, but how are they going to handle the excess points created by the closure? If they remain closed until july, that is three months of points that need to be worked in to the next year or two. Lucky for me I have been in a bit of a personal point deficit for a while, so I will have a chance to catch up....

I'm sure this is being discussed somewhere, but how are they going to handle the excess points created by the closure? If they remain closed until july, that is three months of points that need to be worked in to the next year or two. Lucky for me I have been in a bit of a personal point deficit for a while, so I will have a chance to catch up....
for one you can only borrow 50% of your points from the next year.

I am behind you 100%.

I have this gut feeling we are NOT going to hear anything again this week from Disney.

Keep us updated and lets us know what to do if you need help.

Thanks. If nothing comes out by Wednesday, I will be contacting them again and this time request a phone call from someone as well as request a copy of the property management agreement.

I am still hoping that the Mayor saying they would be submitting proves true!

DVC can't say anything until they know what the WDW parks and resorts are doing. Even then they probably won't be the first out with the news.

So that's why they can only cancel a few days in advance. DIsney might decide today to throw the gates open next Tuesday (LOL Fantasyland is still locked up in the Magic Kingdom. )

DVC could do MUCH better and they aren't because they don't have too. Their believe that the DVC members will put up with whatever they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!