The Most EPIC Pre-Trip Report - Group PTR for 2019!! List of TRIP REPORTS added

How should we spend a girls night out in WDW?

• Jellyrolls

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • Yehaw Bob

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Disney Springs

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • Monorail Bar Crawl

Votes: 100 51.3%
  • Lounge at AKL

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Raglan Road

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Watch Avengers 4

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Happily Ever After Dessert Party (no booze)

Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Illuminations Dessert Party

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • I'm tired I think I'll sleep...

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
So I'm trying to plan our ADR's. I'm not sure we're doing the Illuminations cruise:sail:....Mark just doesn't want to commit yet. :confused3 So I thought I'd make our dinner ADR around the Crescent lake area and maybe meet up with some of ya before or after the cruise for some cocktails. :drinking1 Anyone else in for some drinks? If not I'll make ADR's at Disney Springs.
I think some of us are planning on hitting up Jellyrolls or something like that!

Hey Ladies:

Before we start talking itinerary details I thought it would be good to catch-up on where we are all staying. Sticking with my fancy and very discernible black font (Trademarked by the way so don't ya dare use it) @ariane37 , @buzzrelly , and @Jenny Sanders and I are all at Wilderness Lodge. Anyone else staying there? We are planning on lots of group events and have firmly committed to ending every night at Geyser Point. #WildernessLodgeGalsGoneWild

Kari

Since I'm cheap and never in my room, I'm staying at Pop Century for the trip. My dates are 5/1 - 5/6. I am looking forward to seeing the refurbished rooms. I haven't booked airfare yet but I do know which flights I'm going to book, just waiting for the prices to drop a bit.

We had a particularly crappy waitress and I inquired about whether we had missed out on ordering any of the special drinks that had effects and she was basically like, "oh we haven't had any of those in YEARS" :snooty: I was thinking to myself wait how long has this place even been open? It was so strange.

When I was there last January we had a very nice waiter. I asked about the magic drinks and he apologized and said they only had them for a few months after they opened. Regardless, DH and I really enjoyed the bar and I could use another Seashore Sweet right now! I found the drinks to be strong and reasonable priced for a Disney bar. Here's a picture of the drink menu I took while we were there.

Steve & I went to Abracadabar with the always willing to party Mr. & Mrs. @kastoney once. I don't remember what we all had but I think I had a glass of Moscato and either Kari or Jason definitely had the Pepper's Ghost. The drinks were pretty good, nothing out of this world. Our server was kind of weird though, his name might have been Shaggy? Scooby? Maybe not but Shaggy is really ringing a bell. I'm also giggling as I write that so.....we may have just been making fun of him or something :D

Steve & I went to Abracadabar with the always willing to party Mr. & Mrs. @kastoney once. I don't remember what we all had but I think I had a glass of Moscato and either Kari or Jason definitely had the Pepper's Ghost. The drinks were pretty good, nothing out of this world. Our server was kind of weird though, his name might have been Shaggy? Scooby? Maybe not but Shaggy is really ringing a bell. I'm also giggling as I write that so.....we may have just been making fun of him or something :D

Did he repeat Kari’s order to you as “Repper’s Rhost” or did he say “like, do you want any Scooby snacks with that, man”? This will help narrow it down. Also of note: any exclamations of “zoinks!” or pulling a mask off the bartender to reveal it was Jason (Mr. @kastoney) all along.

Be advised the mystery machine runs approximately every 15-20 minutes. The schedule is now available on the MDE app.

Did he repeat Kari’s order to you as “Repper’s Rhost” or did he say “like, do you want any Scooby snacks with that, man”? This will help narrow it down. Also of note: any exclamations of “zoinks!” or pulling a mask off the bartender to reveal it was Jason (Mr. @kastoney) all along.

Be advised the mystery machine runs approximately every 15-20 minutes. The schedule is now available on the MDE app.
This has to be the most perfect thing I have ever read on the DIS :worship:
I think you should change your DIS name to fredsascot

I'm pretty sure it was me that got the ghost drink and Jason got something with whiskey in it. From what I remember they were fine, but nothing to go out of my way for.

I have no idea what the servers name was though we can roll with Shaggy. Only thing I remember is he was a bit scattered and all over the place. So maybe Shifty? :P

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Jason is dying as I read this to him and simultaneously trying to figure out how he can sneak down and pull this off in May. Zoinks!!! :D

Hey ladies since we've been dormant for a month now I figured it only fitting that the biggest non-planner amongst us get us going again since there's been kind of a hush. Now something tells me what a wonderful world it will be because look who is playing Garden Rocks while we are there.

Now I'm probably in the minority on this one, but while I am a proud child of the 80's my parents ensured I had significant country and 60's musical influence in me. So just like Mrs. Brown and her lovely daughters I gotta admit I'm into something good with this one.

Now second verse same as the first....

Hey ladies since we've been dormant for a month now I figured it only fitting that the biggest non-planner amongst us get us going again since there's been kind of a hush. Now something tells me what a wonderful world it will be because look who is playing Garden Rocks while we are there.

Now I'm probably in the minority on this one, but while I am a proud child of the 80's my parents ensured I had significant country and 60's musical influence in me. So just like Mrs. Brown and her lovely daughters I gotta admit I'm into something good with this one.

:rotfl:

Are we going to this? Because, sure, I'm in. :laughing:

Is this their most famous song?

I saw that the other day and was kind of intrigued. We might be able to fit the 5 pm show in before our Illuminations cruise. :rockband: Here's another one that I'm sure many of us will recognize. I'm also a child of the 80s raised on music from the 50s, 60s and 70s thanks to my parents!

They are FABULOUS!!! Give me '80's hair bands any day but I'll take a healthy dose of '60's in there, too! All my mom used to listen to :)
We've seen them twice at F&G and I will work to fit this in @kastoney ::yes::

And every one was an 'enery, she wouldn't have a Willie or a Sam ( No Sam!)

Are we going to this? Because, sure, I'm in. :laughing:

Is this their most famous song?
The probably had 4 or 5 solid hits. This is probably one of them, but a bit more obscure largely because its an obscure song to being with :-)

I saw that the other day and was kind of intrigued. We might be able to fit the 5 pm show in before our Illuminations cruise. :rockband: Here's another one that I'm sure many of us will recognize. I'm also a child of the 80s raised on music from the 50s, 60s and 70s thanks to my parents!
Cheers to our parents raising us right! We're doing the same with our daughter. She barely knows todays music but has already had a healthy dose of 60s, 70s, and 80s music. Her favorites are the Beatles and Culture Club! Gotta love her :-)

Is it bad that I only know this song from that scene in Ghost where Patrick Swayze won't stop singing it? :)
Not bad at all, more pop culture glory!

They are FABULOUS!!! Give me '80's hair bands any day but I'll take a healthy dose of '60's in there, too! All my mom used to listen to :)
We've seen them twice at F&G and I will work to fit this in @kastoney ::yes::
I had no idea you'd seen them before. I never have. Its all my Mom listened to as well and I'm so grateful for it now.

Is it bad that I've seen Ghost many times and I still don't know who these people are? :rotfl:
I'd totally forgotten it was even in Ghost so not at all. They also had a big montage featured in another 80's classic the Naked Gun featuring none other than OJ Simpson :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!