The New Gong show

Mizzoufan

DIS Veteran
Did anyone watch? I wasn't crazy about it. I'm not sure why Mike Myers created a character to host it instead of just being himself. I thought the act that won was beyond gross and not funny at all. I thought the guy who jumped rope should have won.

Did anyone watch? I wasn't crazy about it. I'm not sure why Mike Myers created a character to host it instead of just being himself. I thought the act that won was beyond gross and not funny at all. I thought the guy who jumped rope should have won.
I was going to record it but forget. I was in college when the original was on. I came home every weekend, and the Gong show was on at 6 pm on Sunday night. When it was over, it was time for me to get in the car and drive the 50 miles back to college for the week.
Not sure creating a character is going to work.
Chuck Barris WAS a character, no need to create anything.

The original wasn't funny. I watched about half and decided I had just wasted 30 minutes of my life. I won't be watching again.

I caught it by accident and only watched the beginning. I DID NOT realize that the host was Mike Meyers! :eek:

It was weird. The cast looked stoned out of their gourds. Zac was pretty easy going in the beginning just laughing. I stopped watching when the lady dropped the banana in Zac's mouth. Ick factor there.

I loved the Gong Show as a kid. I might give it another go weird as it is. Zac's humor is a bit dark and I do like Mike's odd sense of humor as well.

Zac looked like he was pretty high. Anyone else think that, lol. :smokin:

Just watched the rerun. 60 minutes of my life I will never get back. Actually made the original look good.
Never heard of any of the judges. Figured it was my age until my 26 DD walked in the room, and SHE had no idea who the judges were.
So to improve the show. Get some celebrity judges.
Mike Myers, lose the make up, be Mike Myers, introduce the acts, let them be the stars.
Lose all the production elements, bring on the true common folks as performers, with a few ringers throw in.
I don't think this show will last.

Another one who feels that's an hour (well 45 min ff'ing thru ads) of my life I will never get back. I didn't know Mike Meyers was the host till I saw this thread, we thought it was some not funny British guy. Won't be watching that one again

How can they even think of bringing back that show since Gene Gene The Dancing Machine is no longer with us? RIP, Gene.

He lives on in all of us in GIF's and MEME's forever.

200.webp

I didn't like the original, to be honest I am not sure I ever watched it, but I didn't like what I knew about it. I feel the same way about the new one.

Just watched the rerun. 60 minutes of my life I will never get back. Actually made the original look good.
Never heard of any of the judges. Figured it was my age until my 26 DD walked in the room, and SHE had no idea who the judges were.
So to improve the show. Get some celebrity judges.
Mike Myers, lose the make up, be Mike Myers, introduce the acts, let them be the stars.
Lose all the production elements, bring on the true common folks as performers, with a few ringers throw in.
I don't think this show will last.

WHAT?? All 3 judges are fairly big celebrities (very well known comedians from both film and tv).

OMG.... Saw some of it last night.... hideously awful.... due to the host "Tommy Maitland'.
I can't remember when I have heard so much sick humor in such a short amount of time... totally inappropriate sexist sexual reference, gross bathroom-humor, etc.
Maybe the fake character facade lets Mike Meyers lose any sense of personal responsibility.
IMHO, this is just not even funny... just disgusting.

I haven't seen the show, but I just watched the trailer of Mike Myers, and it looks terrible. I remember when he used to be funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter