The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

All great Disney trips have to come to an end, and as such, tonight wraps ours up until sometime this winter.

Today started with returning the golf cart. :worried:

Then off to AK to do Everest, Kali and Flights of Wonder. It felt exceptionally hot today. Not sure why. The high was only supposed to be around 90.

We made it back to the camper in time for the afternoon rain. Had another wonderful meet with PA hunter and Mrs. PA Hunter. DS made his last park day an eventful one. He hit all 4 parks, including 3 times at MK. He got some pics with characters, rode some rides and jumped on a bus to the next park. DN declared this week, "The best week ever".

I was going to cook dinner at the camper, but everyone was out and time was running short to get to MK for HEA, so we picked up a Giggyap and go (very good as usual), ate at the picnic tables outside the TE porch and then caught the boat to MK for the show. On the boat back to the Fort we had a special treat. Catching up with the Electric Water Pageant. It seems Irma had some impact on the water show. About half the floats were missing. The boat captain said we had the hurricane to thank.

We will be heading out about 6am tomorrow. I'll have to leave the September TR thread to Chris and all the others coming in. I had a good time sharing our trip and I'm glad I was able to calm people's fears by showing the grand re-opening of the Fort. Everything is open, including the central road. Except for a few missing trees, the Fort is as good as ever.

Now to get home and start planning how to use these annual passes to the fullest.

Jim

Last edited:
Well we just returned from Disney Springs, a nice place, if you like the crowds of NYC, and just about as friendly. Visited Coca Cola World, and the Art of Disney. Made the short trip back and nearly got hit by a vehicle coming out of our loop the wrong way, yes it is a one way, with no headlights on. But well considering they have two F250's jamming up the road in front of their tiny trailer, it is obvious those NY folks only care about themselves. :sad2:
Had a very nice meeting with TeamUBR again, got to meet the Mrs and the DS. Very glad we got to meet, and sorry to see them head out in the morning. Safe travels my friend, and we will see each other again.
We hit Trails End for dinner, hope our waiter is better at his next job....because well he sure ain't much of a waiter, and I am very easy to please when it comes to wait staff. The food itself was good, and I ate more than I should have.
Tomorrow it is off to AK in the morning for our Flight of Passage fastpass, back to the Fort and then we will be headed to MNSSHP for the night.
Hopefully can get some nice pictures of Boo to You and the Fireworks.

Have a safe trip home Jim! You'll have quite the story to tell around the campfire for years to come.

I look forward to hearing it at Gulf.

Bama Ed

16 hours after pulling out of the Fort, I have sadly, pulled into my driveway and back to the real world. I took tomorrow off work so it's not completely back to reality, but close enough.

I'm going to go through the PhotoPass pics tomorrow and download the good ones. I'll pic out the best and post some up here. It is only 9pm St Louis time, but I'm beat. Heading to bed.

Tomorrow I'll look into cheap air fare to MCO and start booking some return trips to take advantage of the AP. DW was looking up air fares on the way home. $56 round trip in October, but no rooms available. Figures. I'll keep looking.

j

FOP was awesome. Have another ride of it scheduled for friday. MNSSHP was sold out and the place was packed...I mean ungodly packed. :sad2: We went in to MK tonight for Happily Ever After and there were fewer people than the special event the night before.
The party had no FP lines open so wait times for rides on some were over 30 mins, and like on Pirates they were only loading half the boats as they did not use the FP side, so the wait time was like 45 min. Was very disappointed and actually considered cancelling the rest of our trip and leaving today. This trip has been so much less than magical for me.
But got a couple pictures from last night and tonight to share.
_MG_0195-1.jpg

_MG_0203-1.jpg
_MG_0243-1.jpg

_MG_0357-1.jpg _MG_0440-1.jpg

_MG_0454-1.jpg

_MG_0485-1.jpg

_MG_1188-1.jpg

_MG_1193-1.jpg

Sorry to hear the trip isn't as magical for you. You still have the rest of the week.

Great pics again. The Halloween Party pics look interesting. If the crowds have been like that every night, I'm glad I didn't spend the money for the tickets. I would have been a little disappointed too.

j

And it has been the little things this trip bothering me. Last night all set up in a spot to shoot pictures, and dad who is 6ft 8 puts his kid on his shoulders like he is at a Rolling Stones concert for the fireworks. They are in the sky for @%^$&* sake. The total disrespect of people from other countries and the general lack of respect for others. All you see is ME ME ME ME. And don't get me started about strollers.....off to bed. MK in the morning then back for another MNSSHP, hope this one is not as crowded.
Best part of this trip, has been getting to meet TeamUBR and the family.
Maybe we can get some pixie dust somewhere, somehow this week.

You can get pixie dust at the barber shop or BBB... :D Sorry to hear the trip is not as expected or has some magic interuptions. I would take some time and go to the F&W F instead. Alochol can be a wonderful thing at disney. Try for a new adventure like getting blitzed around the world. LOL Good luck. Maybe a down day at the campground or a trip to DS might make it more relaxing and enjoyable.

Chris sorry to hear that you are still encountering difficulties this trip. But consider that not that long ago this trip was in major jeopardy due to Irma and things might not look all that bad Maybe a trip to one of the water parks and spending some time checking out some of what I call the "What cartoon did they fall out of?" outfits. Maybe it will put a smile on your face

Sorry to hear your time is less than magical in the parks. I agree 110%. Sadly, it is all about ME ME ME with the crowds anymore. I don't even like to do parades or fireworks anymore because of that. If we do, it's very close to an exit. The past few trips for us have been about spending time at Fort Wilderness more than the parks. The Fort is our happy place :) I have to second the suggestion in taking a Fort Day and having a few adult beverages.

On our way to the Fort! Had an amazing time at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium yesterday. But holy heck it's hot! Particularly at night in a tent trailer, and last night there wasn't a lick of a breeze. The only negative of our trip so far is the no-see-ums. They are so small they got through the screens in the trailer and my poor daughters have been eaten alive. I really hope they aren't as bad at the fort. We packed up so fast this morning as we couldn't get away from them. We should arrive at the fort around 11:30, and will decide what to do the rest of the day from there depending on if our site is ready. Yay!!

I understand what you are saying Chris about MNSSHP. The last time we did the party was several years ago and a cast member told us that they had "over sold" the party for that night. We found a spot in front of the castle to watch the fireworks and when they were over we wanted to ride Haunted Mansion. It took us over 20 minutes to get back to the Haunted Mansion due to the crowds, We decided then that we would not pay for a ticketed event that was supposed to have limited attendance. We have been at the MK during regular hours and had less crowds than we had that night.

Your pictures are amazing :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

On our way to the Fort! Had an amazing time at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium yesterday. But holy heck it's hot! Particularly at night in a tent trailer, and last night there wasn't a lick of a breeze. The only negative of our trip so far is the no-see-ums. They are so small they got through the screens in the trailer and my poor daughters have been eaten alive. I really hope they aren't as bad at the fort. We packed up so fast this morning as we couldn't get away from them. We should arrive at the fort around 11:30, and will decide what to do the rest of the day from there depending on if our site is ready. Yay!!

The mosquitoes are horrible down here. I heard someone say the statewide mosquito population is up over 600 percent since the hurricane. I believe it, we have never seen them this bad down here.

I understand what you are saying Chris about MNSSHP. The last time we did the party was several years ago and a cast member told us that they had "over sold" the party for that night. We found a spot in front of the castle to watch the fireworks and when they were over we wanted to ride Haunted Mansion. It took us over 20 minutes to get back to the Haunted Mansion due to the crowds, We decided then that we would not pay for a ticketed event that was supposed to have limited attendance. We have been at the MK during regular hours and had less crowds than we had that night.

Your pictures are amazing :thumbsup2:thumbsup2[/QUOTE

We went in to MK today, crowds were not too bad, more like Feb. So we will see how the crowds are tonight for MNNSHP. If they are like Sunday, It will be the last hard ticketed event we ever do. Well time to get dinner cooked, and get in to costume for tonight's party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!