The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Fresh brewed?!? The nerve! That's the last straw. I'm selling our RIV contracts.

Maybe I'm just a Disney dork, but I would totally stay in a tower studio if I were traveling just with DH, or with one of my kids, and leave the bed down the whole time. We have park commando stays, short stays (which tend to be park commando), and longer stays. I wouldn't use the tower studio for a longer stay, but it is a nice option for a shorter or adults-only stay, especially for F&W.

I am staying at one next January since it will be just me. If others decide to join me, I’ll book them their own room! I can’t wait to try. I just got back from a solo trip at Poly and for one, didn’t need all that room. They are a good option!

My kids thought RIV was haunted after seeing the flickering lights on the top floor one night. They had an electrical issue. When we went a second night, same issue on top floor but more towards the center. So now that we own there, they want know if they can meet the ghosts.

New Owner at Riviera Here. We originally were set at CCV but Switch to Riviera and plan on adding on Resale one day to CCV instead! Just made more sense at $188 a point vs $220 direct to go Riviera first.

Congrats!!! Most of my points are resale except for RIV.

I am staying at one next January since it will be just me. If others decide to join me, I’ll book them their own room! I can’t wait to try. I just got back from a solo trip at Poly and for one, didn’t need all that room. They are a good option!
I’m going to waitlist for both a standard studio and tower room. Do you think the tower room would be too small for three day pre-cruise stay?Just the DH and I. TIA

I’m going to waitlist for both a standard studio and tower room. Do you think the tower room would be too small for three day pre-cruise stay?Just the DH and I. TIA
I think if you manage your expectations of the Tower Studio it should be fine. I'd book it for 5-6 nights after watching videos. Seems like a good way to stretch your points. It is smaller than a Value Room by what like 40 Sq Ft but now its only for 2 people and not 4 like a Value. But you also have to take into account most of the Tower Studios are Preferred Views and look to have a good view of Epcots Fireworks.

I think if you manage your expectations of the Tower Studio it should be fine. I'd book it for 5-6 nights after watching videos. Seems like a good way to stretch your points. It is smaller than a Value Room by what like 40 Sq Ft but now its only for 2 people and not 4 like a Value. But you also have to take into account most of the Tower Studios are Preferred Views and look to have a good view of Epcots Fireworks.
I would stay up to 5-6 days if it were just me and DH because we wouldn't be in the room much at all. The Murphy beds are very comfortable. The tower studios should have views of Epcot *and* MK fireworks. Only room request I'd make there is highest floor possible. The ground floor rooms will have a view of a grassy hill.

While I have only seen the videos, I think so. I think they are a nice option if one can get them if they suit a quick 1 or 2 person trip, especially if one wants to stay at RIV!

Like I said, when it’s just me, I don’t need a full size studio and these will save me points over the SV studio there, or elsewhere.

While I have only seen the videos, I think so. I think they are a nice option if one can get them if they suit a quick 1 or 2 person trip, especially if one wants to stay at RIV!

Like I said, when it’s just me, I don’t need a full size studio and these will save me points over the SV studio there, or elsewhere.
So too small for Tower precruise stay?

We toured the Tower Studio rooms and found them completely acceptable on space. They remind me of some Airbnb type accommodations we have stayed in when we travel to Europe. (Except the RIV bathroom is HUGE!) I have 5 nights booked for my bday next August. It will be DH and I. I will pack light and enjoy every minute of them.

We toured the Tower Studio rooms and found them completely acceptable on space. They remind me of some Airbnb type accommodations we have stayed in when we travel to Europe. (Except the RIV bathroom is HUGE!) I have 5 nights booked for my bday next August. It will be DH and I. I will pack light and enjoy every minute of them.
Where are the washers and dryers for studio dwellers?

We recently stayed at DRR and were very impressed with the resort in general and the rooms in particular. Attached is a view from our room 8988, a 1-BR on the ninth floor of the east wing. The room is facing DHS, we could watch the Skyliner glide by with the Tower of Terror in the background.

View attachment 470265

Could you post this information in this thread? I assume it’s PV?
Thanks!
RIV rooms with a view

Only had one night there, but @Sandisw, @kboo and other Riviera owners, your resort is beautiful! If we were 20 years younger we might consider a BWV sale/RIV purchase like @Sandisw did. In any case, I’ll be looking to book a few nights there in future, I’m sure.

The bathroom reminds me strongly of VGF, but we especially like the kitchen. Having just spent 6 nights at BWV, with its one-person kitchen, being able to have both of us doing things there was great.

We had some minor snafus, probably related to the huge number of rooms that seemed to have turned over yesterday, but overall we loved it. We liked lunch at Primo Piatto and drinks & snacks at Bar Riva. Dinner at Topolino’s was delicious, too. I’ll try to post photos of our view in that thread - we were in 8731, a one-bedroom SV, which was already reported but I don’t think had photos.

The bathroom reminds me strongly of VGF, but we especially like the kitchen. Having just spent 6 nights at BWV, with its one-person kitchen, being able to have both of us doing things there was great.
We had come directly off a (split) stay at VGF so yeah! Very similar. RIV's bath is smaller - you definitely notice it in the shower stall, but there are also more shelves. We keep one of those over the door shoe hangers to keep everyone's toiletries, hair brushes, bandaids, magic bands, etc and found we didn't need it at RIV.

I wasn't a fan of the look of the galley kitchen when we'd toured the rooms, but they make the living room look huge! We didn't cook while we were at RIV, but it is much easier to move around in the RIV kitchen as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter