***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I'm confused - I thought you were asking for opinion on Savannah Views.

Oh sorry :-)

I first look at the SV Rooms for 3 nights, but now we can go for 5 nights. This are to much points.

So we will only get a Standart View. Are there any difference between the two resorts? I think Kidani will be some with a view but the most are to the parking lot?

Oh sorry :-)

I first look at the SV Rooms for 3 nights, but now we can go for 5 nights. This are to much points.

So we will only get a Standart View. Are there any difference between the two resorts? I think Kidani will be some with a view but the most are to the parking lot?

A little more than half the standard rooms at Jambo have savanna view (request room on Kudo Trail side of building to have best chance of getting one), the rest have pool view. No parking lot views. At Kidani, about 40% have view of road, lot, or back of bus station, 40% face the pool area and mainly see area near the front entrance or a hill that is between the resort and the pool. About 20% have Pembe Savanna view (for which best request is room near the Pumba elevator).

If i have 2 reservations at Jambo House AKV one with 4 nights and one extra night. Will i have to move out of the room, or is it possible to stay in the same room for the last night? Own Points and one nights extra rented points.

If i have 2 reservations at Jambo House AKV one with 4 nights and one extra night. Will i have to move out of the room, or is it possible to stay in the same room for the last night? Own Points and one nights extra rented points.
Call Member services and have them link the two reservations together. You shouldn't have to move if the rooms are the same category & size.

This week, I've been waiting and waiting for the seven month window to open to book AKL club level one bedroom. At 7:59, ready to hit the button.....waiting, waiting, heart beat about heart attack level....8:00 ....hit it....and I got the room...happy dance, I can breath... Got email from DVC. Just got home from church so 6 hours after booking....and there is still a room available.

I'm happy I got the room, but I thought if I was a nano second late, it would have been gone.

We've never done club level anywhere before.

I have a reservation for a 1 bedroom kidani standard view. I read about asking to be near the pumba elevators, but I found a resort map/room views on another site with specific room numbers. It looks like there's really only one set of 1 bedrooms that are standard near that elevator. Do you think I'd have better luck requesting the room numbers or sticking with "near pumba"?

I have a reservation for a 1 bedroom kidani standard view. I read about asking to be near the pumba elevators, but I found a resort map/room views on another site with specific room numbers. It looks like there's really only one set of 1 bedrooms that are standard near that elevator. Do you think I'd have better luck requesting the room numbers or sticking with "near pumba"?

I would mention it both ways. You would like to be near Pumba....rooms such as #### would be wonderful.

Question for AKL Value booking -- this morning I was able to actually click through the calendar page and secure a the opportunity to book a 2BR value lockoff -- i started to complete the booking -- picked where the points would come from, put in the names of guests and was about to click through to the final confirmation button -- then got an error message with the green dino from toy story. I kept getting error messages for 5 mins and when i was finally able to refresh the search, the room was gone. When i called member services they said that the room was not actually being held during the checkout process and that i probably got the message because someone else had booked it faster than me. They said even if i was able to click through, i still had to book it as fast as possible -- only enter one name and keep going until the booking was done. Is this your experience as well? I was under the impression that once you actually got through that the room was being held for you. How could they be letting more than one person book the room at the same time? Was I given wrong information? I'm wondering if it was really just an unfortunate technical glitch or if someone really did take the room out from under me this morning. :) Thanks!

Question for AKL Value booking -- this morning I was able to actually click through the calendar page and secure a the opportunity to book a 2BR value lockoff -- i started to complete the booking -- picked where the points would come from, put in the names of guests and was about to click through to the final confirmation button -- then got an error message with the green dino from toy story. I kept getting error messages for 5 mins and when i was finally able to refresh the search, the room was gone. When i called member services they said that the room was not actually being held during the checkout process and that i probably got the message because someone else had booked it faster than me. They said even if i was able to click through, i still had to book it as fast as possible -- only enter one name and keep going until the booking was done. Is this your experience as well? I was under the impression that once you actually got through that the room was being held for you. How could they be letting more than one person book the room at the same time? Was I given wrong information? I'm wondering if it was really just an unfortunate technical glitch or if someone really did take the room out from under me this morning. :) Thanks!
I believe that it does get held...I've booked value studios multiple times and have never rushed once I got it locked in. That being said I read multiple people posting about issues with the member site this morning.

Yeah i suspect it was a technical glitch too -- otherwise each morning i tried to grab the room previously it should have let me go through and start booking -- and then give me some kind of error if i was never fast enough. Ugh. Was so excited to finally be able to get it too...

I have had this happen, and the room IS held for you. Eventually the system sees that you're not booking the room and releases the hold (takes 3-10 minutes). Up until that point though it will look sold out if you had the last available room. I've had my nerves on edge a number of times due to exactly what you experienced and waiting for my room to be re-released so I can book it. Was particularly painful at 2am one night as I was moving my rooms around, consolidating them, before I knew member services could do this for me.

By the way, calling will do nothing to help, the cast members cannot see any in-process transactions to retrieve yours.
The ongoing/unaddressed tech glitches kill me.
Sometimes those errors seem to come from the system having trouble with the browser on our end too. I've learned not to use Firefox for this reason.

Last edited:
I have had this happen, and the room IS held for you. Eventually the system sees that you're not booking the room and releases the hold (takes 3-10 minutes). Up until that point though it will look sold out if you had the last available room. I've had my nerves on edge a number of times due to exactly what you experienced and waiting for my room to be re-released so I can book it. Was particularly painful at 2am one night as I was moving my rooms around, consolidating them, before I knew member services could do this for me.

By the way, calling will do nothing to help, the cast members cannot see any in-process transactions to retrieve yours.
The ongoing/unaddressed tech glitches kill me.
Sometimes those errors seem to come from the system having trouble with the browser on our end too. I've learned not to use Firefox for this reason.

I was thinking this might be happening too -- and did try to keep coming back in to see if i could grab it again -- maybe i should have kept trying a little longer and it would have popped up again! And interesting your point about the browser -- i kept trying to refresh for 5 mins and got error messages -- i only was able to get back in again after I shut down and relaunched Chrome. Maybe i should have restarted Chrome immediately and perhaps i would have gotten it again. :) Thanks this is very helpful. Ridiculous that it requires this level of system knowledge -- and crazy that member services knows less about how the system works than owners. She kept telling me that next time i just have to book as fast as possible. they should add the same kind of feature as Ticketmaster where they give you a 15 min countdown to finish your booking... Thank you again -- super helpful insight.

What site did you use if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve been trying to find something similar to what the bay lake page has with a chart that has which rooms are standard views that are 1 bedroom and I’ve had no luck.

I did my first ever solo trip back in September from 22nd-27th. I got the PERFECT room, I can't believe how good it was. Going to put a few photos below, but if you are looking it was room # 5469, Jambo House, Zebra Trail.

For anyone that has booked the value 2-bed or studios recently, are they typically available when the 11 month window opens up even for just a few seconds? Or are they always being walked and never truly available?

For anyone that has booked the value 2-bed or studios recently, are they typically available when the 11 month window opens up even for just a few seconds? Or are they always being walked and never truly available?

I was completely unable to get one at the 11 month, but had no issue at 11 month +1 day when the walkers passed. Once for Princess race weekend, other for July.

They come available to attempt to get in probably on average every other day....sometimes you will go a few days in a row with a chance to book and sometimes it will be booked solid a couple of days into the 11 month window. A few seconds is probably too late though and there are alot of people trying to get very few rooms (possibly only one or two).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts