*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

This does seem really early but the parade also switched to 2:00 on 08/19 so maybe the first MNSSHP will be on 08/21? Not sure about the 17th though since the parade is still at 3:00.
One thought that came to mind here is that schools in the NE start back up right after Memorial Day, so all those families are heading back home at the end of August. Disney might have come to the conclusion that if they have a couple of parties before those families all go home, they will get some extra business for the parties. Our family will never go to a party in September, since we have to be back in NY for the start of school, but for sure if they have them in August, we will attend one.

OK, finally booked flights this morning with Southwest. Up and ready to book by 6:00am ... I think it was close to 6:40am before they opened up and I kept getting error page. Changed computers and ended up getting great flight times (direct @ 6:00am) from Buffalo to MCO (Buffalo is a good 4 hour drive from where we live, but Toronto prices are way too much- we love the Buffalo airport too, so it's worth the drive) and return (direct @ 4:35pm) for $132 each way. Decent prices. Now with flights and ADR's completed, I just have to focus on fastpasses :-)

Booked this morning. Not thrilled with the only nonstop flight time, gets in very late. Decided to fly in the night before planned to, adding a night’s stay.

OK, finally booked flights this morning with Southwest. Up and ready to book by 6:00am ... I think it was close to 6:40am before they opened up and I kept getting error page. Changed computers and ended up getting great flight times (direct @ 6:00am) from Buffalo to MCO (Buffalo is a good 4 hour drive from where we live, but Toronto prices are way too much- we love the Buffalo airport too, so it's worth the drive) and return (direct @ 4:35pm) for $132 each way. Decent prices. Now with flights and ADR's completed, I just have to focus on fastpasses :-)

That's a great price! I wish we could drive to the US and fly out of there but by the time I factor in the ferry cost (~$200/way) and either trying to juggle ferry times to coordinate with flight times or paying more for a hotel in WA, then it rarely seems worth it. I did manage to get really inexpensive flights on Southwest out of SEA once and that time the math worked out that it was better to drive although we ended up getting home really late because of a combo of long waits at the border and ferry sailing waits.

That's a great price! I wish we could drive to the US and fly out of there but by the time I factor in the ferry cost (~$200/way) and either trying to juggle ferry times to coordinate with flight times or paying more for a hotel in WA, then it rarely seems worth it. I did manage to get really inexpensive flights on Southwest out of SEA once and that time the math worked out that it was better to drive although we ended up getting home really late because of a combo of long waits at the border and ferry sailing waits.
Yes, we're lucky that Buffalo is usually well priced and easily accessible. Even factoring in the exchange :crazy2: it's a way better price than Toronto.

Roll Call:

monorailsilver: Aug 1 - 12 (BC or BCV August 1-6 f/b Poly regular room or DVC studio August 6-12)
Tulles: Aug 1 - 2 GF, Aug 2 - 7 Pop, Aug 7-8 - AKL

anjalee6: Aug 2 - 9 at Poly

TheSouthernBelle: Aug 3 - 10

escapeartist: Aug 5 - 13 (Pop)

OurLaughingPlace: Aug 6 - 17 (Port Orleans Riverside), Aug 17-20 (BC)

dizneeat: Aug 8 - 10 (SSR), Aug 15 - 25 (OKW)
Lisa*C3535: Aug 8 - 18 (ASSports)

WDWFan0813: Aug 10 - 18 (AoA)

dubskates: Aug 11-18 (Wilderness Lodge)
dwsandy: Aug 11-21 (BLT)
glencoe: Aug 11-18 (BLT, POFQ)

Mika02: Aug 13 - 16 (AOA)

TJsMomSarahJane: Aug 14-28 (POFQ)
pd1138: Aug 14 - 24 (AOA)
chiisai: Aug 14 - Aug 22 (GF)

CaperCris: August 15 - 29 (POP)

Fisharefriends: Aug 16 - 19 (Hilton) Aug 19-31 (OKW)
letstalkboutdisney: august 16th to 25th. We are staying POR/WL

Disneylover99: Aug. 18 - Sept. 1 (Poly)
hsmamainva: August 18-29 (Polynesian)
MinnieWebster: Aug 18 - 25 (AS Sports)

FancyNancy: Aug 19 - 26
Mousemommy1: Aug 19 -28 (BWI)

deedeew80: August 21-28 (All Star Music)
Euradius: Aug 21-29 (WL)

JPM4: Aug 22 - 31 (Pop)

amtag: Aug 23 - Sept 2 (CSR)

Zipears Fan: Aug 24 - Sept2
cinderwannabe: Aug 24 - Sept 1

YYC-Rob: Aug 25 - Sept 8 (BC)
DalmationGal29: Aug 25 - Sep 1 (ASSp)
Cappy81: Aug 25 - Sept 1 (BC)
Mrs. W: Aug 25 - Sept 1 (CR)

Marmitefruit: Aug 26 - September 9 (ASMusic)

shjrc371: Aug 27 - Sept 4 (Poly)

Sparkle51: Aug 26 - Sept 1 (Swan)

Shellyb84: Aug 29 - Sept 3 (Poly)

harry8051: Aug 31 - Sept 9 (ASMu)
NewYork1: Aug21-Aug28

danjoan14: dates to be decided
Pirate princess 2:
dates to be decided
karalecia26: dates to be decided
Spunky946: dates to be decided

Have my flight booked this morning! Now, scrambling to get ready for booking ADRs tomorrow morning! My other half is sick of me talking disney right now, just wants me to book everything so in about 6 months we have an awesome trip! No pressure here!!!

Anyone having problems with ADRs? I’ve tried the app, my phone, and a laptop. I keep getting errors...

Aug 17-24 at Fort Wilderness. We've always gone end if Jan, beginning of March, so this will be completely different. Planning on doing 3 parks, might add Epcot, but not sure. At this point its just a waiting game for the hours to hopefully be extended in HS for TSL.

Did anyone have problems adding their flight info to their reservation? I called this morning and the CM i spoke with said the flights weren't showing up in the system and that i would need to call back. He said normally they get a green triangle saying they can find the flights and that they're connected, but an orange triangle kept coming up saying there was a problem. I called this morning around 7:15ish after i booked our flights.

Have my flight booked this morning! Now, scrambling to get ready for booking ADRs tomorrow morning! My other half is sick of me talking disney right now, just wants me to book everything so in about 6 months we have an awesome trip! No pressure here!!!
This made me chuckle ... DH is so tired of me talking about our trip. He just wants to show up and enjoy our ADR's! That's why I'm glad I have Disbords so I can still get my Disney fix lol.

This made me chuckle ... DH is so tired of me talking about our trip. He just wants to show up and enjoy our ADR's! That's why I'm glad I have Disbords so I can still get my Disney fix lol.

Yes!! So true! Since I make our ADRs in the morning I just went up to him with all the papers and spreadsheets :tiptoe:and politely asked him which he’d prefer... then I told him he doesn’t have to hear about anything until we are about 60 Days out and I’m fretting over FPs :rotfl2:

My thanks to new york 1 (fellow New Yorker here by the way) for quoting the roll call. I know I posted my tentative dates a while back, and was pretty sure I had seen my name on the roll call, but alas, it is not there now . . . so then, we will be staying offsite, likely at Dreams Villas of Orlando, and will be in the parks August 18th through August 28th.

Hi!! My husband and I will be back with our son for our 3rd family trip this August. It will be a split stay: 8/23-8/25 at Universal (Portofino Bay) and 8/25-8/31 at WDW (Polynesian Village Resort).

It will be for our 10th anniversary (really in June) and our son's 9th birthday (9 days before our trip).

Added in a early morning magic and dropped my BOG breakfast. Feel less stress around getting there at rope drop on my other day now, too.

I bought the plane tickets yesterday, but I haven't yet bought park tickets or made hotel reservations. I've been told I can start making ADRs on the 19th. Will I need park tickets and/or hotel reservations linked to my Disney account before I can make ADRs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!