*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

DD24 and I will be at All Stars Music 8/22-8/28 (although I have a sweet offer at AKL that is very hard to turn down...). Now my fingers are crossed for snagging free dining!

ETA: I don't find a roll call anywhere... did I miss it?

Last edited:

So with FD coming out today, I snagged a different room category, so I was able to save $200 with the room discount.

I'm a Disney Visa card holder, so I could get FD for my dates. Right now the POP rooms have sold out. I'm going to keep an eye out and see if I can snag one in the coming weeks, but we will be OK if I don't get it. It would be $500 more than I'm paying now for thirteen nights, so if I can get it, I will. We don't want to change resorts, so unless something opens up for POP we will just pay OOP, which is ok, we split a lot of meals and bring breakfast food along. The only thing the kids will miss is we do MUCH less snacks when we don't have the plan ;)

Now that the August dates for Star Wars Dessert Party have opened up, I was finally able to get tickets for the Aug 27th party. I had to move around my already-moved-a-zillion-times ADR plans and it took jumping back and forth between multiple browsers but I did it!

The one and only ADR that I have not managed to get is the Wednesday wine tasting at Jiko on the 22nd, there is only one spot available for that and I need two. Not a huge deal if we don't get it but it would be nice if I could.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I'm getting so excited and it's only April! I get caught between wanting August to be here but then I don't want summer to be almost over. Sooooooo.... I try to enjoy living in the moment! :laughing: Luckily the snow is gone here in MN and the weather is smooth sailing now. It was a lo-o-o-ong winter.

Ahhhhhhhhhh I'm getting so excited and it's only April! I get caught between wanting August to be here but then I don't want summer to be almost over. Sooooooo.... I try to enjoy living in the moment! :laughing: Luckily the snow is gone here in MN and the weather is smooth sailing now. It was a lo-o-o-ong winter.
Yeah. DW and I were just talking about this last night. We don't want to rush the summer but are so excited about our trip.

Joining in on the August fun! We were originally planning an October off-site stay for our anniversary, but when Free Dining dropped we were able to book our first ever on-site stay at ASM for Aug 25-Sept 1. MY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!:yay: Can you tell I'm excited!? We were planning to drive from Oklahoma - 18 hours :sad2: - but then the next day Southwest lowered fares and we snagged round trip flights from Dallas to MCO for $211 total for both of us! We are so excited to just be in the Disney bubble completely for this trip!

Any idea about how long it takes from the time your flight lands, to getting to the resort via Magical Express? I know this can vary due to many factors probably, but assuming the flight is on time, and there are no other mishaps, what can we expect?

Last edited:
So with FD coming out today, I snagged a different room category, so I was able to save $200 with the room discount.

I'm a Disney Visa card holder, so I could get FD for my dates. Right now the POP rooms have sold out. I'm going to keep an eye out and see if I can snag one in the coming weeks, but we will be OK if I don't get it. It would be $500 more than I'm paying now for thirteen nights, so if I can get it, I will. We don't want to change resorts, so unless something opens up for POP we will just pay OOP, which is ok, we split a lot of meals and bring breakfast food along. The only thing the kids will miss is we do MUCH less snacks when we don't have the plan ;)
Definitely keep checking, I have had availability open up later.

Any idea about how long it takes from the time your flight lands, to getting to the resort via Magical Express? I know this can vary due to many factors probably, but assuming the flight is on time, and there are no other mishaps, what can we expect?

We love Southwest! Great flight prices you ended up with:-) We find that it takes about an hour from the time we land to the time we arrive at our Disney resort. Of course, it depends on if your Magical Express bus is almost full or empty when you get on, traffic/time of day and what order you get dropped off in (usually 3-4 different resorts per bus). We allow for 1.5 - 2 hours, but it's usually closer to 1 hour. Love riding the Magical Express - it's when our 'Disney Bubble' begins.

Definitely keep checking, I have had availability open up later.

We switched resorts. When I priced the FD package at All Star sports, it was $242 more than we were paying at POP (we already had hoppers), so it was kind of a no brainer. $242 for 13 days of FD. I'm surprised, my kids are super excited to be going to a different resort.

We switched resorts. When I priced the FD package at All Star sports, it was $242 more than we were paying at POP (we already had hoppers), so it was kind of a no brainer. $242 for 13 days of FD. I'm surprised, my kids are super excited to be going to a different resort.
We have great memories of our stay at AS Sports. We had a room near the baseball pool. It was much quieter than the main pool - some days we had the baseball pool all to ourselves (even though our trips are almost always in August). I keep thinking that we're going to stay there again sometime, but I love PO resorts, POP and BC, as well as trying new resorts ... never enough time in Disney! Congrats on the great FD package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter