*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

How many days out are you? I want our tags!!!!

The past few years, we got used to getting them SUPER early (like 9 months out, lol), but we haven't gotten them for this trip yet. I want magic in my mailbox dang it!

I remember our first on-site trip, 2013. We got our Magical Express mail at 9 months out, I was so afraid I was going to lose them ;)

We are 33 days out. I'm pretty sure I got them earlier for our 2015 and 2017 trips.

Next . . . we wait on Magic Bands.

I remember our first on-site trip, 2013. We got our Magical Express mail at 9 months out, I was so afraid I was going to lose them ;)

We are 33 days out. I'm pretty sure I got them earlier for our 2015 and 2017 trips.

Ok, cool. We are currently 38 days out, so sooooooooon!!! Yes, I want my magic bands too!

I emailed over my ID, and they said I will need to present it to bell services upon receiving my order.

Being there during a 4 hour window is the issue; we have California Grill brunch reservations then FOP later in the day; Jiko the night.

Maybe we will suck it up and get African wines from AKL? DH will get his CM discount on water, soda, half & half if we buy from the resort store. May be be sixes really.....wish I could find a current price list. The one from the DVC site is dated 2015.

Last edited:

I remember getting them way earlier in both 2013 and 2015. I am so impatient and nervous now since we have moved since booking our trip. Our new address is on the reservation, but still... I want them now so it feels that much closer. I need a vacation!:worship:

For those who order from Garden Grocer, why do you prefer there vs. an Amazon delivery for water/snacks and Drizzly for adult beverage needs? We haven't ordered from GG before, but have had success with the later on previous trips.

I know for me, I used Garden Grocer up until our trip last year when I used Amazon Prime Now. The selection is super with Garden Grocer; but I used Amazon when I don't need as much. You have to spend a certain amount of money to get free deliver with Garden Grocer and it is quite high, especially in comparison to Amazon so if my order is smaller with a shorter trip (last year we were there for 5 nights and 4 days). I also know though there are times I log on to Amazon and certain things I want are not in stock. That has never happened with Garden Grocer.

We are going for 8 nights this time; but I still think I am going to do Amazon. Even though it is a longer trip, I still just need various drinks, snacks and breakfast items. Last time I over ordered and ended up leaving a bunch of Gatorade behind.

Anybody watching the thread but not getting alerts. I noticed I haven't been alerted to a reply for days. Eventually I thought okay no way the thread has not had a reply in this long and came to check it. Clicked on it and found 3 additional pages of posts.

Being there during a 4 hour window is the issue; we have California Grill brunch reservations then FOP later in the day; Jiko the night.

Maybe we will suck it up and get African wines from AKL? DH will get his CM discount on water, soda, half & half if we buy from the resort store. May be be sixes really.....wish I could find a current price list. The one from the DVC site is dated 2015.

Oh, that's why we don't do anything on our arrival day. We like to get settled in and start out fresh the next morning. That being said, DH and I stayed at AKL in February and absolutely loved it. We had some amazing wines from South Africa at Jiko. You can't go wrong!

Anybody watching the thread but not getting alerts. I noticed I haven't been alerted to a reply for days. Eventually I thought okay no way the thread has not had a reply in this long and came to check it. Clicked on it and found 3 additional pages of posts.

Yes, it definitely seems to be hit or miss. I follow this thread and All Star Sports, but I have learned that to check them even if I don't have an alert

Oh, that's why we don't do anything on our arrival day. We like to get settled in and start out fresh the next morning. That being said, DH and I stayed at AKL in February and absolutely loved it. We had some amazing wines from South Africa at Jiko. You can't go wrong!

This will be a short trip, 6 days/5 nights, and chose a red-eye so we wouldn't spend a vacation day traveling. Generally we arrive in the late afternoon but with our relocation, we are a little limited on time off. Our red-eye lands at 6:30am so we can have a full vacation day starting off with unlimited mimosas at CA Grill. :woohoo:

I know for me, I used Garden Grocer up until our trip last year when I used Amazon Prime Now. The selection is super with Garden Grocer; but I used Amazon when I don't need as much. You have to spend a certain amount of money to get free deliver with Garden Grocer and it is quite high, especially in comparison to Amazon so if my order is smaller with a shorter trip (last year we were there for 5 nights and 4 days). I also know though there are times I log on to Amazon and certain things I want are not in stock. That has never happened with Garden Grocer.

We are going for 8 nights this time; but I still think I am going to do Amazon. Even though it is a longer trip, I still just need various drinks, snacks and breakfast items. Last time I over ordered and ended up leaving a bunch of Gatorade behind.

Thanks for your feedback! I think I will stick with Amazon. We too, ordered too much for our 8 day trip last year and left wine, beer, you name it behind. I loved Drizzly for our adult beverages and they delivered within the hour - not just beer, champagne, liquor, wine, etc.

Yes, happened to me a couple months back. Then one day I checked and there were unread changes... But I have got notifications ever since.

I am glad everyone posted about magical express tags. I was getting concerned I had not gotten ours yet. Even our January trip I had them wayyyy in advance.

This will be a short trip, 6 days/5 nights, and chose a red-eye so we wouldn't spend a vacation day traveling. Generally we arrive in the late afternoon but with our relocation, we are a little limited on time off. Our red-eye lands at 6:30am so we can have a full vacation day starting off with unlimited mimosas at CA Grill. :woohoo:

That sounds perfect, but I think I'd swap out the mimosas for a bloody mary bar!!!

August hours were updated. For my week a few 11pms, one 12 am, and EMH until 1.

Also afternoon parade changed to 2pm on the 17th, good news for our plans, :)

I am very happy to hear that!. I'm sure I'm not the only one who WAS feeling a bit ripped off by the hours (I knew they were gonna change close to the trip)!!

I’ve found if I ever check the forums and don’t check all the alerts, I don’t get any alerts for the unchecked threads anymore until I read them. I try to look at the “Watched Threads” list semi-frequently to make sure I’m up-to-date.

2 and a half weeks left.

It hasn’t hit me yet.

Never been during summer so I’m preparing myself. It’s not the heat I really care about. It’s getting use to the idea it will probably rain.

It is what it is. Just make the best and have fun

This time I’ve saved enough that I’m just gonna buy whatever I want without thinking. ( without going overboard lol )

Wilderness lodge and then poly. Can’t wait. First time at each

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter