*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Thanks for your feedback! I think I will stick with Amazon. We too, ordered too much for our 8 day trip last year and left wine, beer, you name it behind. I loved Drizzly for our adult beverages and they delivered within the hour - not just beer, champagne, liquor, wine, etc.

I’m not familiar with Drizly, so just looked them up. They seem to have pretty good prices. Is there a delivery charge? And do you need to be present to accept the delivery, or wil they leave it with bell services?

We've decided to bag grocery delivery and get our supplies from the resort. My friend told me that the stores at AKL/V have some good African wines! With DH's CM discount, the prices between the resort store and ordering seem close. Having to wait around the resort to sign for cheap chianti and beer doesn't sound fun. LOL! Thanks all for the help and idea. :)

Staying offsite, we handle groceries a bit differently. We drive to Florida, and usually hit the Orlando area around 1:00 - 2:00 in the afternoon, so we make a stop at Wal Mart, or Sams Club to get what we need before checking into our rental. This year, we rented from Dreams Villas, and they give a free Sams Club membership with stays of 7 nights or more. Since we already have membership in the club, we can exchange that free membership for a $40 gift card, which we will go towards our breakfast food, and drinks.

We've decided to bag grocery delivery and get our supplies from the resort. My friend told me that the stores at AKL/V have some good African wines! With DH's CM discount, the prices between the resort store and ordering seem close. Having to wait around the resort to sign for cheap chianti and beer doesn't sound fun. LOL! Thanks all for the help and idea. :)

I had grocery delivery last time I stayed at AKL and I felt it was unnecessary. They had some good stuff at the resort. Yeah it’s pricey but most of the stuff I had delivered I didn’t even touch cause I was barely in the room.

I did use the pack of water and Gatorade I ordered though.

The again it was only me and one other person.

I had grocery delivery last time I stayed at AKL and I felt it was unnecessary. They had some good stuff at the resort. Yeah it’s pricey but most of the stuff I had delivered I didn’t even touch cause I was barely in the room.

I did use the pack of water and Gatorade I ordered though.

The again it was only me and one other person.

I hear ya! This trip is just DH and myself and even though we’ll be in a villa, we’re not cooking, not even toast!

When does someone typically get the Magic express luggage tags? I usually only pay a deposit and then even if it’s months ahead of time I only pay the rest of the bill at the 30 day mark… Do they wait until it’s all paid off?

I always get mine 2-3 weeks before

When does someone typically get the Magic express luggage tags? I usually only pay a deposit and then even if it’s months ahead of time I only pay the rest of the bill at the 30 day mark… Do they wait until it’s all paid off?

I always get mine 2-3 weeks before

Got mine about a month before I leave.

On that note, do I need to actually take the magical express, even though I am going to put the tags on the bags

Finally entered our flight info so hopefully get the ME tags soon. I will be flying out a few hours before DH so definitely want Disney to handle the bags.
And son decided he definitely didn't want to go. I'm kinda sad but if he was just going to be a stinker about it better to leave him with grandma anyway...

I'm so excited for vacation, but don't want summer to end! While we are waiting, who wants to share their favorites rides/show and foods?

Magic Kingdom
Ride: Splash Mtn
Food: BOG French Onion Soup or LeFou's Brew

Epcot
Ride: Frozen
Food: No Favorite - Just eating around the world

Hollywood Studios:
Ride/Show: Toy Story Mania & Beauty and the Beast
Food: Strawberries & Ice Cream Funnel Cake at Oasis Canteen

Animal Kingdom
Show: Finding Nemo
Food: Bowls at Satuli Canteen

I'm so excited for vacation, but don't want summer to end! While we are waiting, who wants to share their favorites rides/show and foods?

Magic Kingdom
Ride: Splash Mtn
Food: BOG French Onion Soup or LeFou's Brew

Epcot
Ride: Frozen
Food: No Favorite - Just eating around the world

Hollywood Studios:
Ride/Show: Toy Story Mania & Beauty and the Beast
Food: Strawberries & Ice Cream Funnel Cake at Oasis Canteen

Animal Kingdom
Show: Finding Nemo
Food: Bowls at Satuli Canteen

Magic Kingdom
Ride: Splash Mountain or Big Thunder - Hard to pick just one for MK.
Food: Pot roast @ Liberty Tree Tavern

Epcot
Ride: Soarin'
Food: Frushi in Japan (during the Flower and Garden Festival)

Hollywood Studios
Ride: Tower of Terror
Food: BB8 cupcake @ Backlot

Animal Kingdom
Ride: Everest
Food: Pinapple cream cheese roll in Pandora

Fun idea!

Magic Kingdom
Ride: Splash Mountain
Show: Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - have to see this multiples times each trip!:rotfl:
Food: Dole Whip ... but I'm looking forward to trying churro ice cream sandwich at Sleepy Hollow and Peter Pan Float at Storybook Treats!

Epcot
Show: O Canada
Food: Karamel Kuche ... pretty much anything, but love the shortbread bottom caramel square. AND... flavoured popcorn popcorn::in Future World.

Hollywood Studios:
Show: Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Food: Strawberries & Ice Cream Funnel Cake at Oasis Canteen (and I want to try the cookies and cream one this year too)

Animal Kingdom
Ride: Safari and FoP
Show: Festival of the Lion King
Food: Cinnamon buns from Kusafari Bakery
@DisneyObsessed87 I didn't know there were pineapple cream cheese rolls! Where are they in Pandora? I MUST try these ::yes::

Fun idea!

Magic Kingdom
Ride: Splash Mountain
Show: Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - have to see this multiples times each trip!:rotfl:
Food: Dole Whip ... but I'm looking forward to trying churro ice cream sandwich at Sleepy Hollow and Peter Pan Float at Storybook Treats!

Epcot
Show: O Canada
Food: Karamel Kuche ... pretty much anything, but love the shortbread bottom caramel square. AND... flavoured popcorn popcorn::in Future World.

Hollywood Studios:
Show: Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Food: Strawberries & Ice Cream Funnel Cake at Oasis Canteen (and I want to try the cookies and cream one this year too)

Animal Kingdom
Ride: Safari and FoP
Food: Cinnamon buns from Kusafari Bakery
@DisneyObsessed87 I didn't know there were pineapple cream cheese rolls! Where are they in Pandora? I MUST try these ::yes::

The pinapple cream cheese roll is at Pongu Pongu. The drinks there are great too! Apparently I need to try these funnel cakes at HS. I have been missing out!

Great question!

Magic Kingdom
Ride: Hard choice here, but I'm gonna go with Haunted Mansion
Show: Carousel of Progress (I know, it's kind of a ride, but also kind of a show)
Food: Liberty Tree Tavern, gotta love the Thanksgiving Dinner

Epcot
Show: Illuminations
Food: Fish and Chips at the Rose and Crown

Hollywood Studios:
Ride: Toy Story Midway Mania
Show: Fantasmic
Food: The Seafood Soup at Mama Melrose

Animal Kingdom
Ride: Flights of Passage!
Food: Pretty much anything at Flame Tree BBQ

The pinapple cream cheese roll is at Pongu Pongu. The drinks there are great too! Apparently I need to try these funnel cakes at HS. I have been missing out!

The strawberry one is so good - and only a snack credit on dining plan. This is the oreo one that I want to try in August!!!

cookies-n-cream-funnel-cake-hollywood-studios-05262018-1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter