The Official Dec Trip Report Thread

We are slated to check in to THE FORT on 22 Dec. Hoping to arrive between 10 and 1030. Google says its a 90 min drive from Lazy Days but most likely I will re-fuel during the trip over if I didn't prior to arriving at Lazy Day. Once we get in our site it will be time for the girls to go and EXPLORE the Wilderness. Mom and dad will also look to see who is there that we have met in the past. Once we return I will finish doing Primary set up and Lucille and I will take off to obtain our AP's And TIW cards. If we are able to meet with Kenny and get our GC We will do it at DS if not then a boat ride over to MK will be in order. In the event Kenny can't get us a cart until the next day we are considering reserving one from Disney so the kids can go to Wagging Tails and work off some excess energy. We will likely have to go to Meadows Trading post so I plan to swing by the bike barn and sign up for The Christmas Golf Cart Parade. Dinner will be our go to arrival day At Trails End and in all likelyhood we will stay around Pioneer Hall for Electric Water Pageant.
Saturday the 23 will be dedicated to setting up/ decorating our site and getting the girls accustomed to ADVENTURING at Disney. Late in the afternoon we will run over to MK and have some FP's for a few faves in Fantasy Land and Tomorrow Land as we make our to TONY"S for Dinner. Based on when we get done we may stay for fireworks or just head back and call it an early night
Sunday 24 Dec Today will be dedicated to the Girls and touring The Fort until later in the day when we head over EPCOT and our dining Reservations at Chef's de France and then the Candlelight Processional with CCH Pounder narrating. Most likely we will stay for ILLUMINATIONS before heading back. We are Hoping that DHS has a late night and we can go thru International Gate hop a friendship boat over there and get a bus back to The Fort

Last edited:
Christmas day will be total FORT day. Dinner will be at Trails end with maybe a carriage ride in the evening followed by fireworks from the beach. If and this is a big IF, if MK is open late we may head over after the fireworks just to say we were on Main Street USA on Christmas Day. We do have friends that winter in the Fort ad have been there for Christmas in years past so if they are there we take the girls over to them so they spread some Holiday Cookies with their new friends.

Tuesday and Wednesday 26 & 27 Dec. These two days are going to be dedicated to touring a variety of resorts for their Holiday decorations and side trips into World Showcase in Epcot in order to enjoy the live holidays shows in as many of the nations as we can. Dining will be hopefully be from the stands food and wine festival they once had out as a test run

I could not wait to start this. We will actually be at Disney Nov 25 to Dec 9, looks like i get to span on two threads. It's been a while since we have been in Dec. We typically go for F & W festival. I may even decide to go to a MVMCP, will see about that one. For the record we may have to work a lot while we are there but working at Disney is better than going to work. The hope is if possible to even do half days, run then work and then hit the parks.

Who is going to be at the fort in dec?

We will be there the 1st-22nd right now. Still trying to get the rest of December:)

Patricia :tinker::tinker::tinker:having Tink drop some pixie dust on you for rest of the month we'll be pulling in as you pull out

I'm looking for some nights early December for a tent site, but can only find something for the 10th. Do I keep checking every day? Any chance to get a couple days then add on? Will they add on Day as it comes up available?

I'm looking for some nights early December for a tent site, but can only find something for the 10th. Do I keep checking every day? Any chance to get a couple days then add on? Will they add on Day as it comes up available?

If you get additional days they would be separate reservations, and then if you have a nice CM on the phone they can combine them in to one.

Also people have until 30 days out to cancel with no penalty, so some sites may open closer to the date as people realize the site they booked last year, they can't use.

If you get additional days they would be separate reservations, and then if you have a nice CM on the phone they can combine them in to one.

Ah, I see. I thought I remembered reading on here that the reservation changes system was different, and that you couldn't just add a day or two here or there. I'm going to try to go in December,, as I would love to see all of the decorations. I haven't been to the Fort in December.

Ah, I see. I thought I remembered reading on here that the reservation changes system was different, and that you couldn't just add a day or two here or there. I'm going to try to go in December,, as I would love to see all of the decorations. I haven't been to the Fort in December.

Look at your reservation in My Disney Experience, maxine.

I've had two reservations at one time in MDE and one had a link that said "Change Reservation" and I could and did add a day to it by checking in a day earlier. I had checked for that one night's availability and saw it there and THEN went into MDE and picked it up as noted here.

However, I had a second reservation that did NOT have the "Change" link and I had to call and add a day to it. The CM gave me a hard time essentially trying to cancel what I had and book all the days I had plus one. I told her not to change a d*** thing. So I booked a one day reservation and as PaHunter said, called back later to get them merged.

I am at a loss to understand why I could change one but not the other. But at worst, you can book separate adjacent dates, pay the deposits, and merge them later. As long as dates are consecutive and same level (Tent sites for example), you're good.

Bama Ed

By any chance did you book one through a travel agent and one directly through Disney?

Negative, Cosmic - both were mine.

The only difference was the one that I could NOT change was booked in April for this past January (before rates were out and available on-line) so I had to call to make the reservation. That was the one I had to book the extra day separately and later merge (before I hit my 60 day FP+ window).

The second one was booked for March and the reservation was made after rates came out the prior summer and were available on-line. So I made the reservation on-line. That one I could add days with no muss/no fuss.

So in essence I "owned" both reservations in my mind. A TA didn't own one and me the other. I can't explain it unless for some reason on-line Disney is a separate company from call center Disney. :confused3

Bama Ed

We added a day to the beginning of our Sept trip this year, and have a separate reservation for it. I had no way to change it in MDE. We didn't even have them merged, just called to let them know I have two consecutive reservations, and don't want to move sites after one night.

Thur 28 Dec is a dedicated Fort Day for us with an dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe
Fri 29 Dec is an Animal Kingdom Day with high hopes for RoL and one of the two Pandora attractions with FP'S once we hit the 60 day mark. This has become one of our favorite parks so even just wandering around and checking everything out makes it worth it for us.
Sat 30 Dec is a DHS day and we will likely try for FP's at Star Wars and I really have to meet Chewbacca and show him a picture of what The Wookie ( The REAL one) looks like

I think I've given up on trying for anything in December. Most likely wouldn't be able to work everything out to go, anyway.

I think I've given up on trying for anything in December. Most likely wouldn't be able to work everything out to go, anyway.
Maxine from my experience Disney in Dec is doable but will take work. Early in the month ( Think 1st 2.5 weeks) getting a site is reasonable but like always make the reservation as far out as you can. Getting off from work is another story. I would put in for the time at the 1st opportunity available. For OUR Christmas stay I started planning things more than 2 years out. On Christmas morning as we watched the DISNEY special I broached the subject by pointing out many of the sights and decorations we had seen during our post Thanksgiving trip. My wife agreed the decor and feel had been something that was special. Then I suggested that we consider Christmas New Years and my Bday for our next trip. We discussed it for a while and in the interim I checked the calendar for 500 days out and did some backstage arrangements with our TA.
That was our trip for last year cut short on our 1st travel day when we discovered that when we plugged in our coach and found out we had no electrical power coming in and every repair station we contacted told us no problem bring it in in 2 weeks and we'll have it done in a few hours. Before we headed for home we contacted our TA advised her we had to cancel and wanted to re-book for this year. Originally she doubted getting is in but 2 days later we had a resssie for 22 x 29 Dec and 4 x 22 Jan 2 months later she was able to secure the 29th thru the 4th So it can be done in terms of making reservations Homefront issues can be worked out with some give and take.

31 Dec New Years eve. We have an ADR at TE for brunch. We have been tossing around the idea of heading for AMC theater in Disney Springs to catch the new Star Wars movie but looking the schedule for THE G MEN We have The Deadskins and if major playoff implications are at stake I am hoping flex schedule will allow it to be a nationally televised game. In a pinch we'll just do dinner in the coach and hit the campfire and movie then go see fireworks from the beach

31 Dec New Years eve. We have an ADR at TE for brunch. We have been tossing around the idea of heading for AMC theater in Disney Springs to catch the new Star Wars movie but looking the schedule for THE G MEN We have The Deadskins and if major playoff implications are at stake I am hoping flex schedule will allow it to be a nationally televised game. In a pinch we'll just do dinner in the coach and hit the campfire and movie then go see fireworks from the beach

Make plans for the movie, we all know the Eagles are winning the NFC East.

Make plans for the movie, we all know the Eagles are winning the NFC East.
Chris Normally Pigeon fans don't declare the season over till after the 1st win. No offense but you may really want to consider putting the Kool Aid down. Dream of the glory prepare for disappointment

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!