• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official DisDads Rant Thread

Booked a beach vacation over New Years to surprise the family for Christmas, and as the dates got closer, it became clear the weather probably wasn't going to be beach friendly. Just as a backup, booked our 2nd favorite beach some 200 miles further South. When the time came to go, both places were predicted to be even colder than it looked a couple weeks back. We scrapped the whole deal and decided to stay home.

Ouch. Sorry the plans fell through

Booked a beach vacation over New Years to surprise the family for Christmas, and as the dates got closer, it became clear the weather probably wasn't going to be beach friendly. Just as a backup, booked our 2nd favorite beach some 200 miles further South. When the time came to go, both places were predicted to be even colder than it looked a couple weeks back. We scrapped the whole deal and decided to stay home.

Bummer. Maybe you can make it up with an extra few days to WDW.

Too think I could have a drama free year or even month.:headache: Politics and egos are a dangerous combination. I've found the best revenge is to pray for a double portion of whatever people wish for me for the individual.

Too think I could have a drama free year or even month.:headache: Politics and egos are a dangerous combination. I've found the best revenge is to pray for a double portion of whatever people wish for me for the individual.

That doesn't sounds good. Hope things work out ok.

I picked the right avatar.

Our car is going to be paid off 1 week from today and some #$%!! with no ##$%# insurance backed into me in the Dollar General shopping plaza!:mad: Being KY I just assumed he had no insurance and it took less than an hour to confirm that. Now I have the expense of covering the deductible myself, before my insurance will pay anything as well as the fact that the nearest Hyundai dealership is two hours away so I have to get the car up there, get a quote, take it back again and leave it which means renting a car. Oh, and I finally lost the medical insurance appeal for my wife's bloodwork. Great day.
:headache:

Thankfully, it was just me in the car and nobody was hurt, but I am really getting to dislike Kentucky. Any of you dads with an adult fermented beverage have one or two for me tonight.

Our car is going to be paid off 1 week from today and some #$%!! with no ##$%# insurance backed into me in the Dollar General shopping plaza!:mad: Being KY I just assumed he had no insurance and it took less than an hour to confirm that. Now I have the expense of covering the deductible myself, before my insurance will pay anything as well as the fact that the nearest Hyundai dealership is two hours away so I have to get the car up there, get a quote, take it back again and leave it which means renting a car. Oh, and I finally lost the medical insurance appeal for my wife's bloodwork. Great day.

Thankfully, it was just me in the car and nobody was hurt, but I am really getting to dislike Kentucky. Any of you dads with an adult fermented beverage have one or two for me tonight.

Did you do a police report? You can still sue in small claims court. I've find that most people who can't afford insurance have no problem finding $1000 for bail or other Court related charges.

That is a bunch of Peanut Butter Beverly. :headache:

Sorry you have to go through all of that. I will have a beverage for you.

Did you do a police report? You can still sue in small claims court. I've find that most people who can't afford insurance have no problem finding $1000 for bail or other Court related charges.

I didn't do a police report. I'm not related to anyone in the county and I am a #$@@ yankee so there is no point in going through the court system.

Do you know a guy named Murphy?

So you can drive a car in KY without insurance? Here you get fined and the car impounded if they feel like it. Sorry about all the Beverly going on. I would sue in small claims court for two reasons. First, you'll easily get your $$ back. Second, just to make sure you don't end up with driver points or surcharges on your insurance.

I'll have a drink or 3 to you and better times ahead this evening. :drinking1

So you can drive a car in KY without insurance? Here you get fined and the car impounded if they feel like it. Sorry about all the Beverly going on. I would sue in small claims court for two reasons. First, you'll easily get your $$ back. Second, just to make sure you don't end up with driver points or surcharges on your insurance.

You can drive all you want in KY without insurance. It is illegal, but you can do it. No point in suing as 1) I am not related to anyone in the county which is more important than legality 2) I am vaguely acquainted with the individual because he has come to the food pantry I help out at occasionally and he doesn't have anything to sue for.

Jim, sometimes the police won't even respond here in KY if a wreck occurred in a parking lot. Laws are rarely applied equally here.

You can drive all you want in KY without insurance. It is illegal, but you can do it. No point in suing as 1) I am not related to anyone in the county which is more important than legality 2) I am vaguely acquainted with the individual because he has come to the food pantry I help out at occasionally and he doesn't have anything to sue for.

Your guy may actually need the help. I just immediately went to my BIL. You know the one took $20K from his mother's retirement account, and still went to the church for Christmas presents for his children because he didn't have enough money.

It is always better to pray for mercy than justice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter