The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Best/affordable maple products in Montreal:

The little booth situated at the corner of Ste.Catherine Street and Union Avenue, across the street from The Bay or Birks Jewelry.

Good quality of products and good prices too. You can buy small samples/different sizes of different products like maple syrup, maple sugar, maple butter, maple taffy, etc.

This is where I go when I need maple products.

@mevelandry, Thank you! Restaurants, leaf color, and now, where to get my favorite souvenir - syrup! You really can do it all.
And, please, don't worry about the leaf color. As someone who is waiting for the daytime temperature to be less than 90, Fall color will be a bonus. Sitting here, 40 miles from Houston, the temperature is 82 at 9PM. It only feels like 95 with the humidity. I'm excited that I may actually need a sweater.

@mevelandry, Thank you! Restaurants, leaf color, and now, where to get my favorite souvenir - syrup! You really can do it all.
And, please, don't worry about the leaf color. As someone who is waiting for the daytime temperature to be less than 90, Fall color will be a bonus. Sitting here, 40 miles from Houston, the temperature is 82 at 9PM. It only feels like 95 with the humidity. I'm excited that I may actually need a sweater.

We've had weather like that (in the 80s) until tuesday this week. You are preaching to the choir. I wore a thin coat this morning to go to work. Never been so excited for cold weather! :rotfl2:

I'm so happy to help. Let me know if you need any info.

So this post is the opposite of a rant or frustration—it’s a big woo-hoo! (And a stream of consciousness :boat:Excited for this cruise!
Sent letters to the kids’ teachers today about making up schoolwork. Ordering binoculars for each of us! Going to purchase a new jacket and gloves right now—might be hot on the trip but I’ll bring ‘em anyway.
Thanks to mevelandry for all the great tips!

So this post is the opposite of a rant or frustration—it’s a big woo-hoo! (And a stream of consciousness :boat:Excited for this cruise!
Sent letters to the kids’ teachers today about making up schoolwork. Ordering binoculars for each of us! Going to purchase a new jacket and gloves right now—might be hot on the trip but I’ll bring ‘em anyway.
Thanks to mevelandry for all the great tips!

My pleasure.

I'm so happy for all of you. I'm a bit sad not to be on one of those cruises to be honest (love Quebec, Saguenay and New York).

I hope all of you will flood me with pictures when you come back from your cruise. :P

I've just discovered a very interesting link regarding foliage. It's an interactive map. It's not up for 2018 yet but I guess it should be back up soon:

https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-ca/discover/seasons-in-quebec/fall

Thanks for the link. I'm going to be watching that. Our cruise doesn't leave until 10/08, so I'm going to be hoping those leaves stay green for awhile. Sorry September sailing folks :goodvibes !!!

One thing that is nice about these cruises is that going from Quebec to NYC (or in reverse), there should be a good chance that if you don't see good color in one area, you'll still have a chance in another just because of the distance travelled.

I am really getting excited for our trip. It's been so unnaturally hot here, that it's been hard to wrap my head around a Fall trip. But the forecast this weekend is 60's and 70's - thank goodness!!! - so it's time to get that Fall mindset on. I've got all of our port activities nailed down and I booked our car service from the pier to JFK yesterday. I think that's the last little detail until it's time to pack.

Happy sailing everyone!

Regarding Montreal: I'm currently in line to see the show "Aura" at the Basilique-Notre-Dame which is one of the most popular tourist sites in Montreal.

I'll come back soon to tell you how it is!

MONTREAL - "AURA" show at the Basilique Notre-Dame

I went to the show with my MIL. There are one to two representations at night and the show is running from monday to saturday. Prices vary between 14,50$ for kids and 24,50$ for adults. However, they do have specials for students, seniors and family packages.

You'll spend more or less 40 minutes in the Basilique, you are free to visit different stations and then, there's the 18 minutes lights show (lights, lasers and images are projected on the walls) with a great soundtrack.

It's beautiful and reminded me of the projection show on the Cinderella Castle in Magic Kingdom.

If you are stopping in Montreal, In my opinion, it's not to be missed.

Please take note that those pictures were taken BEFORE the light show:

20180907_180027-2080x1560.jpg 20180907_183239-2080x1560.jpg

MONTREAL - Projections in the Old Port and in some other places in Montréal.

For the 375th anniversary of the town, they created projections here and there. It's almost like watching a historical movie on buildings. This picture was taken during one of those projections. As you can see, it's very high quality projections that people can watch. This one is situated between the Champ-de-Mars Subway station and the Hôtel-de-Ville of Montreal.

20180907_211429-1560x2080.jpg

Hey Everyone,

I will be going on the September 20th cruise with family/friends. I have never done a Canadian Cruise and have only been to Toronto before, so I have very little knoweldge of the areas.

I’ve looked through the excursions available and I am considering the Biking in Quebec or a hiking or kayaking adventure in one of the other ports.

I also really would love to do something interactive with wildlife (bears, wolves etc) and saw the Zoo was a close fit but I also don’t really know if it’s as interactive as it claims.

Does anyone have knowledge on very active excursions or wildlife encounters?

Hey Everyone,

I will be going on the September 20th cruise with family/friends. I have never done a Canadian Cruise and have only been to Toronto before, so I have very little knoweldge of the areas.

I’ve looked through the excursions available and I am considering the Biking in Quebec or a hiking or kayaking adventure in one of the other ports.

I also really would love to do something interactive with wildlife (bears, wolves etc) and saw the Zoo was a close fit but I also don’t really know if it’s as interactive as it claims.

Does anyone have knowledge on very active excursions or wildlife encounters?

I think the St-Felicien Zoo is "as good as it gets" if you want to see North American wildlife (you'll be in a train and will see the animals in their semi-natural habitat, a little bit like "Kilimandjaro Safaris in Animal Kingdom), at least when it comes to the province of Quebec. I can't promise you it's going to be the most interactive you'll ever have as I don't know what you are looking for and what you experienced before.

I am aware that there is a Zoo in Falardeau that allows you to pet baby tigers and stuff like that (not a big fan of that type of activities) but when it comes to wolves and bears, it's not going to be like Alaska.

We got less than 100 hours to go for those on the 9/20 cruise. Don’t forget the Bonine. I think we are going to need it.

Group, weather is still in the 80 degrees these days (even in the north!) ...

Still no signs of colors in the trees in Montreal...

However, we are expecting a sudden drop by wednesday: they say the weather should be around 50-55 degrees in Baie-Comeau, 55-65 in Quebec City & 50-60 in Saguenay around the time of your cruises... (For those stopping in Montreal: between 57-71) Most of the time sunny with chances of rain on some days.

Bring waterproof windbreakers just in case.

Group, weather is still in the 80 degrees these days (even in the north!) ...

Still no signs of colors in the trees in Montreal...

However, we are expecting a sudden drop by wednesday: they say the weather should be around 50-55 degrees in Baie-Comeau, 55-65 in Quebec City & 50-60 in Saguenay around the time of your cruises... (For those stopping in Montreal: between 57-71) Most of the time sunny with chances of rain on some days.

Bring waterproof windbreakers just in case.

Oh, dear! That’s actually a bit cooler than I was expecting. 50-60 are very average WINTER highs in Houston. Off to evaluate the jackets/sweaters I was planning to bring.

Oh, dear! That’s actually a bit cooler than I was expecting. 50-60 are very average WINTER highs in Houston. Off to evaluate the jackets/sweaters I was planning to bring.

I wish this was winter for us! (We are usually around ... Zero or below.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!