The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Any last minute question? :D
Some people have recommended: Aux Anciens Canadiens restaurant (dinner), Entrecote (lunch), & La Maison Smith (breakfast) and chocolato. All in Quebec, have you ever heard of them and what are your thoughts? TIA

Some people have recommended: Aux Anciens Canadiens restaurant (dinner), Entrecote (lunch), & La Maison Smith (breakfast) and chocolato. All in Quebec, have you ever heard of them and what are your thoughts? TIA

The only one I had never heard of was Chocolato but I see that the reviews are outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate.

The other three you named have a great reputation and while I have not experimented them myself, I am pretty confident that they are good choices because I have heard good things about them for a very long time.

Aux Anciens Canadiens has a very "Quebecois" menu and I would recommend trying the "Tourtière du Lac St-Jean" there in case you don't have the chance to try one in Saguenay. It's a classic and if you like meat pies, you are going to love that dish.

The only one I had never heard of was Chocolato but I see that the reviews are outstanding. I wouldn't hesitate.

The other three you named have a great reputation and while I have not experimented them myself, I am pretty confident that they are good choices because I have heard good things about them for a very long time.

Aux Anciens Canadiens has a very "Quebecois" menu and I would recommend trying the "Tourtière du Lac St-Jean" there in case you don't have the chance to try one in Saguenay. It's a classic and if you like meat pies, you are going to love that dish.
Thank you!!!!

A packing question for this trip: should we bring dressier outfits for a formal or semi-formal night? This cruise is our first 7-night, we’ve only brought this type of clothing once for Palo, not for MDR.

A packing question for this trip: should we bring dressier outfits for a formal or semi-formal night? This cruise is our first 7-night, we’ve only brought this type of clothing once for Palo, not for MDR.

There will be a semi and formal night dinner. You don’t have to dress up that is up to you if you want to dress up or not.

My guess is most of you guys departing on the Sept 20 cruise that will be departing from NYC will travel/fly tomorrow so I want to wish you all a safe trip. :)

I can't to read your reviews and see your pictures. :)

There will be a semi and formal night dinner. You don’t have to dress up that is up to you if you want to dress up or not.
Thank you!
My guess is most of you guys departing on the Sept 20 cruise that will be departing from NYC will travel/fly tomorrow so I want to wish you all a safe trip. :)

I can't to read your reviews and see your pictures. :)
Thank you for all of your helpful information!
Safe travels to all the 20th cruisers!!!! We will be seeing in Quebec on the 26th, boarding on the 27th!!! Have a good time!

MJ
All the same for you!

I'm sure someone has already asked, but just in case...Can any cruisers from the 20th sailing post Navigator photos? ; )

I'm sure someone has already asked, but just in case...Can any cruisers from the 20th sailing post Navigator photos? ; )

I tried but saids its too large.posting pictures haven’t worked for me in a while.

They had their act together here checkin went very smoothly. No wait for security. Boarding started at 11:55.

No movie this week for the main shows. The three normal shows a welcome onboard show. Than the other three nights is Marcus Monroe, Michael Harrison and John Charles.

We will be leaving a little late still loading up food. Fruits and vegetables still loading. Captain just said we will leave in about a hour. We can’t leave the food that’s the most important part.

I tried but saids its too large.posting pictures haven’t worked for me in a while.

They had their act together here checkin went very smoothly. No wait for security. Boarding started at 11:55.

No movie this week for the main shows. The three normal shows a welcome onboard show. Than the other three nights is Marcus Monroe, Michael Harrison and John Charles.

Are the pix on your cellphone? You can downloade a "resizer". That's what I got and if I reduce all my pick to 50%, I can post them on DISboards.

Weather forecast for the 9/27 sailing looks like there's a chance for some rain pretty much every day. Also looks like the temps should be in the mid 50's to mid 60's. Guess I don't need to pack as many shorts as I would for a Caribbean cruise :)

I hope you're having a great time! That is a super lineup of guest entertainers!

Weather forecast for the 9/27 sailing looks like there's a chance for some rain pretty much every day. Also looks like the temps should be in the mid 50's to mid 60's. Guess I don't need to pack as many shorts as I would for a Caribbean cruise :)

Bring a pair of shorts just in case ... but bring more long pants. We have a very chilly 31 degrees this morning in Quebec City and 41 degrees in Montreal. Fall has officially arrived. The rest of the week should be a little bit warmer though. :)

Last edited:
If your on the next cruise bring some warm weather clothing. Has been cold on the ship. Yesterday hardly anyone on deck 9 and 10 all day. People wasn’t prepared I wasn’t prepared. Saguenay is beautiful. I’m sure all the Quebec ports will be beautiful. Nice show the people from saguenay put on for us when the ship arrived.

Nice weather here today 50 degrees my phone saids. Had a sweatshirt on this morning got too hot for me after lunch I took it off. Most people wearing long pants and a sweatshirt.

Last edited:
If your on the next cruise bring some warm weather clothing. Has been cold on the ship. Yesterday hardly anyone on deck 9 and 10 all day. People wasn’t prepared I wasn’t prepared. Saguenay is beautiful. I’m sure all the Quebec ports will be beautiful. Nice show the people from saguenay put on for us when the ship arrived.

Nice weather here today 50 degrees my phone saids. Had a sweatshirt on this morning got too hot for me after lunch I took it off. Most people wearing long pants and a sweatshirt.

Thank you. My sister wanted to go see the ship in Saguenay, I don't know if she did or if she will go tonight...

There will be activities and fireworks tonight they say. :)

Quebec City is also organizing something and I have a feeling there will be A LOT of people there.

To the people who will be sailing on this week's cruise departing from Quebec later this week:

I cannot stress this enough: weather in Baie-Comeau, Saguenay and Quebec City can go from very cold to hot from one day to another (and even sometimes in the same day). Make sure you bring sweaters, hats, scarfs, wind breakers and gloves just in case!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!