*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

We are going September 9-14th. It will be my husband, myself, and our two year old triplets. We are currently booked at Animal Kingdom in a 1 bedroom Savanna view villa. I am trying to put together a list for next month when I can reserve dining. Does anyone have any ideas where I can see park hours for that month? My husband is a huge Halloween fan so I am going to surprise him with tickets to MNSSHP. I would like to make sure I do not schedule Magic Kingdom ADRS on that date. I would like to do a park that we can do a half day at, relax, and then go to the party that night.

We are going September 9-14th. It will be my husband, myself, and our two year old triplets. We are currently booked at Animal Kingdom in a 1 bedroom Savanna view villa. I am trying to put together a list for next month when I can reserve dining. Does anyone have any ideas where I can see park hours for that month? My husband is a huge Halloween fan so I am going to surprise him with tickets to MNSSHP. I would like to make sure I do not schedule Magic Kingdom ADRS on that date. I would like to do a park that we can do a half day at, relax, and then go to the party that night.

You may or may not be able to see hours for September before the 180 days for ADR (at least 180+10 if you are staying onsite). It is frustrating, but I think that has been the case for our last few trips and right now I think they only have hours through exactly 180 days. I would use the calendar from 2017 to give you a best guess of MNSSHP dates or use something like touringplans.com that has estimated hours. Dates with a 7PM close are those where they are thinking there will be a party. Keeping my fingers crossed that they release hours soon!

As @shairpdrh said you might get the hours before MArch. Keep checking here or use touring plans in the meantime.

If I may suggest, we took DD (3) to MNSSHP last year. We slept in, stayed really low key during the day and hit the party at 4 PM (when they generally start letting guests in). She fell asleep midway through the party! We missed a lot cause she was knocked out in the stroller. Obviously your kids aren't my kid, so you know them best, but from our experience, try for a nap before you go to the party; you guys are gonna love it!

I might've gone crazy. We are booked for a super split stay. Two nights each at BLT, VGF, and BCV then staying a night at PVB. Planning on doing the DxDP for the BLT and BCV stay. Not planning any crazy ADRs with the multiple ADR dates. We are not going to the parks but going to do everything we haven't done yet!

I think we'll do the AM EMH if it's offered during our week, then go back another night for Star Wars fireworks. I have the feeling it's going to be crazy.

I fear the insanity as well, but we gotta go; its been three years since we've visited! I'm hoping for Fast Pass access and going early for a partial day will help. But I'm scared. Touring Plans has the park listed at a 1 ever day the week we are going...???

I fear the insanity as well, but we gotta go; its been three years since we've visited! I'm hoping for Fast Pass access and going early for a partial day will help. But I'm scared. Touring Plans has the park listed at a 1 ever day the week we are going...???

I definitely don't trust their predictions. They were way off the last few weeks.

Hey all! I'm so excited to be doing this again. We're in the planning stages of our 2018 trip. At first we were thinking end of November, but we know the crowds are so great in Sept we are willing to deal with the HEAT! Thinking 9/5-9/12 at POP, hopefully free dining.

Anyone else struggling with what to do about HS?

Planning to go at RD, pray for some fastpasses in the morning time, and park hop after lunch. We are only going a short period of time so not many times this trip to get everything done but hoping to get TSL done since this trip is for my will-be 5 year old.

I really wish Disney would release final hours 180 days in advance. If we have to make ADRs that far in advance it'd be nice. Oh well.

Can you tell I just want to get into the nitty gritty of planning? :)

I agree completely! I have things penciled in, but who knows what will happen when hours are released! My last trip all of my PPO breakfast plans were scratched when the parks opened earlier then expected. On the bright side, I discovered how amazing a later morning reservation can be after tackling rides at rope drop! Fingers crossed we see Sept hours before the end of February.

We are trying something we have never done before. We booked Atrium Club level and we got the free dining plan so were going to only book QS for lunch and TS for dinner every day. We will take advantage of the included breakfast in the CL lounge every morning. This will save us tons of money since we don't have to pay for that 3rd meal and we can get to the parks at whatever time we want without worrying about missing an ADR. The biggest downfall of breakfast ADR's is you miss so many ride opportunities while waiting to get a table, waiting on food, waiting on the check etc. The only breakfast ADR's that I think are good are the pre park opening ADR's but sometimes I don't want to get up that early.

Anyone else struggling with what to do about HS?
We are doing 2 full days at HS and possible one split day between HS and EPCOT on our last day. Of course we will do TSL but there is still so much more to do and see. Were doing the 90 day past passes so getting on Slinky Dog, TSM and Alien Swirling Saucers shouldn't be a problem. Plus I have to eat at Sci-Fi and Prime Time. I need 2 days for that alone :)

We are doing 2 full days at HS and possible one split day between HS and EPCOT on our last day. Of course we will do TSL but there is still so much more to do and see. Were doing the 90 day past passes so getting on Slinky Dog, TSM and Alien Swirling Saucers shouldn't be a problem. Plus I have to eat at Sci-Fi and Prime Time. I need 2 days for that alone :)

Nice to see a fellow HS fan! :D

We are trying something we have never done before. We booked Atrium Club level and we got the free dining plan so were going to only book QS for lunch and TS for dinner every day. We will take advantage of the included breakfast in the CL lounge every morning. This will save us tons of money since we don't have to pay for that 3rd meal and we can get to the parks at whatever time we want without worrying about missing an ADR. The biggest downfall of breakfast ADR's is you miss so many ride opportunities while waiting to get a table, waiting on food, waiting on the check etc. The only breakfast ADR's that I think are good are the pre park opening ADR's but sometimes I don't want to get up that early.
Thats what we always did staying Poly CL, we would do 1 QS breakast like Capt Cooks for Tonga Toast or BOG before park opening... This will be our first non CL trip in several years... Kinda nervous about it lol you get spoiled by it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter