*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Crazy busy at Epcot today. Insane!
Yesterday evening seemed pretty nuts to me, too-- but it was obvious that Disney expects peak Food and Wine crowds to be even busier, because, although there were so many people crowding the World Showcase that you could barely walk in spots, I never saw a particularly long line for any of the food booths and the registers generally weren't fully staffed.

That Friday night was the only day of my trip where it felt that crowded, though-- Friday and Saturday are when a lot of locals come in for F&W. I was also there Sunday and Tuesday nights and they weren't bad at all (even managed to get good spots for Illuminations without having to stake out a spot super-early-- up on the Japan balcony beside Teppan Edo the first night, and up next to the lake between Japan and America the second night).

We decided to use the water park admission again. Blizzard Beach. Best weather for it except 40 minute closure. Almost no lines. Had the place to ourselves!
Fantasmic tonight - WARNING the construction adds significant time to arrival. We should have boated from an EPCOT resort. Standing room only

Hopefully Typhoon Lagoon is empty for us tomorrow!

We somehow managed to lose track of time and missed the Fantasmic FP we got before leaving this afternoon for a nap. Ended up as far left as you could go. I think it's been a while since we've done Fantasmic, and were shocked at how much space is roped off for dinner packages. :rolleyes2

Definitely want to allow for extra time now with all the construction and how far away the buses are now.

We somehow managed to lose track of time and missed the Fantasmic FP we got before leaving this afternoon for a nap. Ended up as far left as you could go. I think it's been a while since we've done Fantasmic, and were shocked at how much space is roped off for dinner packages. :rolleyes2

Definitely want to allow for extra time now with all the construction and how far away the buses are now.
My Hollywood Studios morning was the only day of the trip where I used Lyft and not Disney Transport-- partly because of distance, and partly because I was running later than I'd like for EMH (wasn't rope-dropping, but still wanted more time than the bus would've allowed me). The drop-off point isn't super-close to the entrance right now, but it's not halfway to Saskatchewan like the temporary bus loop is.

And then I hopped over to Epcot on the boat after I was done there. So I never actually got to experience the HS bus loop this trip-- not sure that I missed much. ;)

Arrived Thursday, had booked outer building standard view at GF. Not only were we upgraded to main building (CL) we're in the Roy Disney Suite pixiedust: Talk about pixie dust!! This trip is just DH and I and when we FaceTimed the kids to show them the room, they asked if we could stay here when we come in Nov. Um, as much as we'd love to, that's a hard no :laughing: Anyway this suite is unbelievable, almost 1700 sq. ft. and gorgeous. I'll be doing a trip report and will post here when I start if anyone wants to follow along or just check out pics :thumbsup2
Concierge also sent us a "gift" for being first time grandparents-champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and an awesome white chocolate Mickey statue plus gave us anytime FP's today, so needless to say we're having a good trip!

We rope dropped DHS today too. Went right for SDD and waited in line for about 40 minutes right off the bat :(
It's really busy today too.
We're going back to the resort after we're done at Sci-Fi. This heat is just killing us. We are coming back to the back tonight for the SW dessert party.
Glad we have a sleep in day planned for tomorrow!
We RD'd SDD today too! We got to HS around 8:30 and had a 25 minute wait. We also rode last night, our first time, got in line at 8pm and waited 30 so this morning was actually better! I hear you on the heat though. We do Aug. every year and Sept is no different :scared:

We managed to be at the front of the mad dash to SDD but the line stretched back past the entrance to TSL by the time we were done. Crowds still seem very high comparatively speaking, definitely not what we were expecting. Left at 1:30 to go back to Pop to cool off and nap. Back now and doesn't feel like crowds have cleared. I know crowd predictions are guesstimates but they seem to be off right now. That coupled with the heat is proving to be a rough start to the trip for us. Hoping the crowds drop off as predicted on Monday. We're also taking tomorrow off, getting breakfast at Ohana and then Typhoon Lagoon.
The heat doesn't help with comfort in the parks regardless of crowd size, that's for sure :( We arrived Thursday and found Epcot pretty empty; same with MK and HS yesterday. Today (Sat) though Epcot really picked up and was pretty packed, but we should have expected that on a weekend during f&w. Wait times at AK this afternoon were pretty low too. We're happy with crowds and we leave Monday, but I hope you notice a difference come Monday!

Hey! We were probably standing next to each other!!
Glad you mentioned the buses - thinking some folks might think taking a bus alleviates the very long walk into the park. I wish I had noted the actual steps from the tram stops - there will be some people very surprised. We were hot footing it from "Music"; it took 24 minutes to get to the inside of Fantasmic (missed the first 3 minutes).

We did Typhoon on Thursday - it was dead! Super dead. Like a ghost town.

Just got home and I am still a little surprised by the overall crowd levels I expected way less - and Epcot today was more crowded than our December trips you couldn’t even move in Mexico pavilion at a point, 15 mins in line for a margarita!!! I get it is food and wine but was still surprised. Also tons of kids which I didn’t expect given school just went back.
Glad to be home the heat killed me luckily we had 4 days at BCV and utilized the pool something we never spend time doing. Don’t think I would go in September again April or early December will be my go to

Arrived Thursday, had booked outer building standard view at GF. Not only were we upgraded to main building (CL) we're in the Roy Disney Suite pixiedust: Talk about pixie dust!! This trip is just DH and I and when we FaceTimed the kids to show them the room, they asked if we could stay here when we come in Nov. Um, as much as we'd love to, that's a hard no :laughing: Anyway this suite is unbelievable, almost 1700 sq. ft. and gorgeous. I'll be doing a trip report and will post here when I start if anyone wants to follow along or just check out pics :thumbsup2
Concierge also sent us a "gift" for being first time grandparents-champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and an awesome white chocolate Mickey statue plus gave us anytime FP's today, so needless to say we're having a good trip!
You seem to get upgraded an awful lot. I want to know your secret. Speaking of knowing...never did get your email.

We RD'd SDD today too! We got to HS around 8:30 and had a 25 minute wait. We also rode last night, our first time, got in line at 8pm and waited 30 so this morning was actually better! I hear you on the heat though. We do Aug. every year and Sept is no different :scared:
that's not too bad. 25 min, in the big scheme of things.

The heat doesn't help with comfort in the parks regardless of crowd size, that's for sure :( We arrived Thursday and found Epcot pretty empty; same with MK and HS yesterday. Today (Sat) though Epcot really picked up and was pretty packed, but we should have expected that on a weekend during f&w. Wait times at AK this afternoon were pretty low too. We're happy with crowds and we leave Monday, but I hope you notice a difference come Monday!
We'll be there in a week. I figured late September would be cooler, but thankfully (at least for me) I've been umpiring softball in 90+ degree weather (and wearing all that gear...it gets rather warm). I did EPCOT on Friday...hope the local crowds aren't too bad...didn't think about that when I was scheduling. That will be our last day, so if push comes to shove, we just leave a bit early and boat over to HS and finish up there.

Just got home and I am still a little surprised by the overall crowd levels I expected way less - and Epcot today was more crowded than our December trips you couldn’t even move in Mexico pavilion at a point, 15 mins in line for a margarita!!! I get it is food and wine but was still surprised. Also tons of kids which I didn’t expect given school just went back.
Glad to be home the heat killed me luckily we had 4 days at BCV and utilized the pool something we never spend time doing. Don’t think I would go in September again April or early December will be my go to
Not sure if it's similar to what we'll have in a week. Our kids our out of school for fall break 24th-28th, so that's why we're coming when we are. I know last year, there were a ton of kids from Georgia, but also a ton from NY, so guess they had the same break.

you couldn’t even move in Mexico pavilion at a point, 15 mins in line for a margarita!!!
When I walked past (or tried to!) around 1:30 that line was crazy long. I'm thinking close to 30 minutes.

Still having a terrific time. I seem to be following the crowds; going to the busy park on the busy day.

You seem to get upgraded an awful lot. I want to know your secret. Speaking of knowing...never did get your email.

This is by far the hugest upgrade we've ever gotten! No idea why: we did get a nice note saying " because you choose to stay with us time and time again........" but so do many others. I'll just take it and not say a word lol!

I know, I need to email you when home :o Work has been crazy busy and then the kids went back to school right around that time, but it's on my mind to do, I apologize :flower3:

Much different at Epcot today (Sunday). Crowds were light until about 3 when it got only marginally crowded. I went back to the resort then returned at 6PM. Line for margarita's was... one person a head of me! I think I spent $100 on food, wine and beer. Those little bites and "tasting" glasses sure add up.

Is anyone having issues with Amazon prime? I'm trying to get a few last second things for my trip (I'm leaving in a week) buy even "in stock" prime items won't be delivered in time. I'm assuming hurricane Florence is to blame?

Much different at Epcot today (Sunday). Crowds were light until about 3 when it got only marginally crowded. I went back to the resort then returned at 6PM. Line for margarita's was... one person a head of me! I think I spent $100 on food, wine and beer. Those little bites and "tasting" glasses sure add up.
That sounds about like last Sunday. Friday and Saturday nights seem to be the peak crowds during Food & Wine— and it’s not just the booths that get crowded; it’s the whole World Showcase.

Learn from my mistakes -
Never leave without an umbrella and/or poncho - even if it's just 2 hours and every weather app says it is fine (mistake 1) - NEVER - or you could miss the one night scheduled to see something (River of Lights) because you decided to eat instead of go to the earlier show and the rain gods laughed on your head (mistake 2) predicated by mistake 1.

The 15-day weather forecast looks not terrible.

The tropics are quite.

And even laundry is more fun when you are doing it so you can pack for Disney.

All systems go, T- Six days and counting.

The 15-day weather forecast looks not terrible.

The tropics are quite.

And even laundry is more fun when you are doing it so you can pack for Disney.

All systems go, T- Six days and counting.
I think we might have had this discussion already....looks like your dates will be about the same. 6 days until we check in also. 4 days until we leave. Where are you staying? We're at the pop.

11 more days until I’m finally back at the World. Hoping the weather is manageable. I see people are really complaining about the heat. Hopefully between the heat and rain, we can enjoy our trip.

I think we might have had this discussion already....looks like your dates will be about the same. 6 days until we check in also. 4 days until we leave. Where are you staying? We're at the pop.
I'm at Hard Rock for a conference for a few days then over to Disney for my first stay at POP.

Learn from my mistakes -
Never leave without an umbrella and/or poncho - even if it's just 2 hours and every weather app says it is fine (mistake 1)
Ain't that the truth!

Sunday I had my slicker stuffed in my pocket all day and not a hint of rain. I went back to the resort and left it because no more rain was forecast. Just as Illuminations was to start... RAIN! It didn't last long but it was typical Florida hard rain for about 6 minutes.

Today it stays in my pocket...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter