*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

My 60-day mark was today and the only FPs I had trouble with were the new TSL rides. SDD was pretty much full until 60+5 or so and AS2 wasn't much better. TSM was decent as were other DHS rides. On the flip side, FoP was pretty easy to get at 60+3 (though I didn't really look for earlier) when in the past it's been more like what I just saw with SDD. Not super wide availability, but rather a decent selection of afternoon/evening times that jive with reports here that a lot of FP+ capacity seems to have been added to FoP recently. Everything else seemed normal and I was able to get other usually-tougher FPs like FEA and 7DMT but their availability was clearly dwindling. Just seems like a matter of what your FP+ priorities are (TSL seems pretty tough in general) and for which dates/times. Could be that a week's difference in attending matters that much in terms of availability?

Hope this is helpful! When in doubt, keep refreshing!

Same here-- my 60-day mark was yesterday and I had no real trouble getting anything except the TSL rides; I have NRJ for 60+2 and FoP for 60+4 (IIRC there were still some FoP FastPasses available for 60+2, but not at a time that worked with my schedule).

Also, it's a good thing I went to look at FP availability just now, because I just noticed I booked my Friday (Magic Kingdom) FastPasses for Saturday instead (a day I won't even be in the parks for). Oops. o_O

I got 9/14 for 8am but I'll have already had two FP days for it - one being at night which I prefer - and based on fact session one currently has end time same as start of second and people are stating they plan to stay I may decide it's not worth it

I don't think I've posted here yet, but I'm so excited for our upcoming trip! It'll be my husband, his best friend and I from Sept. 6-13! We're staying off site at a Worldmark resort, thanks to DH's parent's timeshare. This'll be our second trip to WDW (I've been to DLR dozens of times), and I'm kind of nervous. I'm buying the military salute tickets from base in two weeks, so I should email them to make sure they have some available.

Does anyone think I'll have trouble getting FPs? I've never stayed offsite before.

Does anyone think I'll have trouble getting FPs? I've never stayed offsite before.
There are a few rides that are hard to get at 30 days out, like Flight of Passage, Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, Peter Pan and Slinky Dog Dash. But there should be availability for plenty of other rides.

Is anyone here planning a Hollywood and Vine PPO with Jedi Training sign up? We are planning to do so on September 15. I am curious to get info back if the process is changed with the AP TSL event prior to the 15th.

Hi everyone! :)

Yesterday we just booked an unexpected trip for 9/20-9/23 after getting the Toy Story AP email and being able to get it for 9/21 at 7 am. H was on a business trip and in meetings and by the time I saw the email (about 35 minutes after it was delivered), there weren't a lot of dates/times left, so I just grabbed the first one I could find an AP rate at an Epcot hotel for and figured I'd tell him about it later, lol...and hope I could find reasonably priced plane tickets! We're currently booked in a standard view room at the Beach Club...but I'm eyeing the Garden Cottages at BWI which last night could be had for 40% off! We stayed there in April and it was heavenly. :)

H was totally on board once I was able to tell him about it later! And we were even lucky enough to have enough frequent flyer miles to get one of our tickets for free, and to get the second ticket at a great price. I must say that there are lots of things about getting older that I'm not wild about (wrinkles, worsening eyesight, an expanded waistline, getting tired more easily, and the list goes on and on, lol)...but one of the bright spots is that we are a lot more financially secure than we were when we were twentysomethings, and we are now empty nesters for 9 months of the year...so we can afford to do these unexpected trips and don't have to worry about planning them around our D's school schedule anymore! But alas, I do miss that as a 25 year old I could go from rope drop to park close (and even EMH) and have the energy to get up and do it all again the next day! As fortysomethings we are much more about sleeping in and enjoying a lovely hotel, a great meal, a few select rides (that we've FP+'d), and special events like F&G and F&W.

By the way...this will be our first September trip and our first F&W festival! Any tips or must-dos from those of you who are more experienced?

By the way...this will be our first September trip and our first F&W festival! Any tips or must-dos from those of you who are more experienced?
You will be perfectly positioned to hop into Epcot to enjoy the Food & Wine offerings. There should be nightly concerts, too. We will be at WDW the same dates as you, but at WL this time. We haven't checked out the F&W schedules yet. That will come after the 60 day fp window opens next week. :)

55 days out and once again for the 100th time I changed things up. I was surprised that an 8:00 am PPO ADR was available at Epcot on 9/9 at Akershus so I snagged it. Also I was able to move my TT FP with ease as well as my other ones for the day. This time last year there was nothing available this close to our stay (same weeks). Looking better and better for crowds!

56 days out...Thinking of starting packing next week as far as the Disney clothes and accessories and things bought just for the trip...

Mon was our FP day got everything I wanted, 7DM, FOP,SDD and more so I am happy, then yesterday I had to book my families fp that are staying at AOA for them, was worried about getting them the hard fp but I got them everything but SDD, hopefully they can RD it or go later in the evening.

Tweaked dining ADRS again for the 1000th time... Everything seems set... Now just to wait for our magicbands, I need to iron some transfers on shirts and we need to work out what my husbands schedule for departure day TO Disney...Wishing away the summer..

Btw it does appear that maybe Sept crowds will be lower bc I keep getting touring plans emails that crowds are excepted to decrease and then Free Dining gets extended and still has plenty of discounts which is surprising with the new TSL but Ill take it!!

55 days out and once again for the 100th time I changed things up. I was surprised that an 8:00 am PPO ADR was available at Epcot on 9/9 at Akershus so I snagged it. Also I was able to move my TT FP with ease as well as my other ones for the day. This time last year there was nothing available this close to our stay (same weeks). Looking better and better for crowds!
See you there! We have the same dates.

56 days out...Thinking of starting packing next week as far as the Disney clothes and accessories and things bought just for the trip...

Mon was our FP day got everything I wanted, 7DM, FOP,SDD and more so I am happy, then yesterday I had to book my families fp that are staying at AOA for them, was worried about getting them the hard fp but I got them everything but SDD, hopefully they can RD it or go later in the evening.

Tweaked dining ADRS again for the 1000th time... Everything seems set... Now just to wait for our magicbands, I need to iron some transfers on shirts and we need to work out what my husbands schedule for departure day TO Disney...Wishing away the summer..

Btw it does appear that maybe Sept crowds will be lower bc I keep getting touring plans emails that crowds are excepted to decrease and then Free Dining gets extended and still has plenty of discounts which is surprising with the new TSL but Ill take it!!

Same world - we are at 55 days - still not sure what the DH actual arrival date/time will be. He has a reservation (phew as he likes to wait) but it won't really fit into his schedule. I have a postal box that I have started to pack with things I may ship (for the 1st time). Still unpacking from the beach. Hit with a respiratory and a stomach bug on my first day back so not doing much more than sitting in bed. On the positive side, perhaps I am getting rid of both of the more current bugs before the trip and as they say in The Devil Wears Prada, I am only one stomach flu away from my goal weight! It is almost true - Lost 15 lbs in 5 weeks and only 12 lbs more to be squarely in single digit sized clothes. Guessing this week will be worth 3-4 of that 12.

65 days and am excited for FP day but know that I will feel adrift again after I book them and still have 59 days to go. So close but yet so far! I guess I will have registering for the DVC event and ordering our BOG breakfast to look forward to.

I can't wait until people from the group start traveling!

65 days and am excited for FP day but know that I will feel adrift again after I book them and still have 59 days to go. So close but yet so far! I guess I will have registering for the DVC event and ordering our BOG breakfast to look forward to.

I can't wait until people from the group start traveling!
What and when is the DVC event? I've heard talk about it but don't know if it will occur during our trip or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter