*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I am so super stoked for this trip, everything has seemed to fall into place for it and my family and I have been through an incredible amount of stress and grief. I lost a son and my mother.. We will be adding two new family member (son proposing on trip and she has an adorable little boy) I got an amazing rate back in march for 2 nights at the Dolphin off hotwire, after that we have a split stay between our two favorite resorts (GF & Poly) trying deluxe dining for the first time... while hubby and I have been to MNSSHP 2 other times this will be my grown kids first MNSSHP. This will be the new family members first time going to Disney period. Got all the ADR and fast passes we wanted. I just realized how much I have to be thankful for! Ive been feeling down in the dumps and depressed missing the ones I lost plus having a lot of health issues which may force me to have to rent a scooter for the trip which Im nervous about but Im so thankful right now..
Ok sorry for the long post I just needed to get that off my chest bc Im bursting over here lol

Has anyone started packing yet? lol I was actually thinking of packing everything I don't need until the trip next week..lol

I'm so tempted! But we have a trip in August that we have to get past before I can start packing. I am, however, going to pull out a tote to start putting my "Disney stuff" in so I can make sure everything is gathered and start checking off my list.

It's an adults only trip for us - celebrating our 20th anniversary. I'm trying to decide if I should get some matching/coordinating t-shirts for at least one day. I can't decide just how cheesy I want to be. Ha! My husband is a great sport and doesn't care - he'll wear whatever I ask him to.

I'm so tempted! But we have a trip in August that we have to get past before I can start packing. I am, however, going to pull out a tote to start putting my "Disney stuff" in so I can make sure everything is gathered and start checking off my list.

It's an adults only trip for us - celebrating our 20th anniversary. I'm trying to decide if I should get some matching/coordinating t-shirts for at least one day. I can't decide just how cheesy I want to be. Ha! My husband is a great sport and doesn't care - he'll wear whatever I ask him to.
I had some transfer made on Etsy for our 10th anniversary that we will both wear and I got him one that says My wife is my favorite Disney princess lol

Oh my goodness that's such an adorable idea for costumes!!! I am wearing a Minnie dress and a pair of ears and my husband will be Disney bounding as mickey with red shorts, black shirt and a yellow bow tie.. Daughter (21) is dressing up as Moana a costome we got on Amazon, daughter has dark hair and brown skin so it will fit perfect..
We are going to the Sept 9th MNSSHP

I LOVE your costume choices!! Ahhh, we love Moana! She is the only high priority character we MUST meet because my kids are obsessed. Are y’all going to meet her? How amazing if your daughter could get a picture with her!

Being sick and getting no sleep is paying off. Last night I was wide awake at 1:42am when I got a TP alert for an earlier BOG lunch on our MK EMM day. :banana:I've been missing the alerts for months!
I originally had lunch scheduled for 1pm which was later than we wanted. Now I've got it for noon, which will allow us to leave MK right after. This changes our plans a bit, but for the better. DH is worried we have too much MK time planned between MNSSHP, EMM, and DAH during our trip. Now we can enjoy EMM, get in our must-do rides, have lunch then hop to another park or go hang out at the BC pool :)

Oh and also...today is my 60 day mark!! :cheer2:

Being sick and getting no sleep is paying off. Last night I was wide awake at 1:42am when I got a TP alert for an earlier BOG lunch on our MK EMM day. :banana:I've been missing the alerts for months!
I originally had lunch scheduled for 1pm which was later than we wanted. Now I've got it for noon, which will allow us to leave MK right after. This changes our plans a bit, but for the better. DH is worried we have too much MK time planned between MNSSHP, EMM, and DAH during our trip. Now we can enjoy EMM, get in our must-do rides, have lunch then hop to another park or go hang out at the BC pool :)

Do you have the evil head cold mixed with stomach thing? It is horrible (in perspective of one isn't likely to die from it and there are many worse things)!

Do you have the evil head cold mixed with stomach thing? It is horrible (in perspective of one isn't likely to die from it and there are many worse things)!

YES!! It started this week with a bad fever, stiff neck and headache so my doctor made me go to the ER which led to a spinal tap to test for meningitis. That caused a massive spinal headache for 2 days that ended with me back in the ER to get a blood patch. Now it's this head cold and stomach thing....blah.
I didn't realize something was going around!

Can I join in? DS13 and I are going Sept 8-15 for a mother/son only trip. I always take a mother/kid trip with each kid and it's finally his turn and of course he picked Disney. I was just there on an adults only trip with DH in June so I'm feeling very spoiled :) DS got to pick resort (Yacht Club) all the fastpasses and all the places to eat so my planning was pretty easy.

YES!! It started this week with a bad fever, stiff neck and headache so my doctor made me go to the ER which led to a spinal tap to test for meningitis. That caused a massive spinal headache for 2 days that ended with me back in the ER to get a blood patch. Now it's this head cold and stomach thing....blah.

The neck stiffness was a surprise to me, too. I though about meningitis once or twice. I don't get fevers - so it is hard t monitor stuff like that. It is very contagious. My DH picked it up from his father during a birthday party of a few hours. I caught it a week later. Been sick since Tuesday. ALmost went away and then sinus roared back today.

Bug is in the Northeast...

It’s crazy how things just become available when you least expect it. I’ve been trying for a ppo akershus since 180 and it opened up the other day. I believe it’s a sign of low crowds!

Oh my goodness that's such an adorable idea for costumes!!! I am wearing a Minnie dress and a pair of ears and my husband will be Disney bounding as mickey with red shorts, black shirt and a yellow bow tie.. Daughter (21) is dressing up as Moana a costome we got on Amazon, daughter has dark hair and brown skin so it will fit perfect..
We are going to the Sept 9th MNSSHP
We will be at the party on the 9th as well!!! See you there!!! party:

I’m going 6-15 with my sister! This is the first trip we’re doing just the 2 of us in 10 years! We’re both in our 30s, and we grew up going to Disney with our Family. Since we live in south america, I already have my clothes separated for the trip (it’s winter here, so I won’t be needing any of my summer clothes until october-november). We’re going to MNSSHP on sept-9th, and we’re going as “Pizza Planet delivery girls” it”s super simple, and we don’t want to wear a super elaborated costume. We have everything all our fastpasses and ADRs booked, so it’s just waiting for us now! I’m so excited!

I sat down this morning with a WDW park calendar and planned out which park we would go to on which days. We are staying at the WL and the boat to MK is a must do. It is also Food & Wine and I had to pencil in some time there. Then there is DHS and the new TSL to go to. We only have four park days during our trip and we are not going to AK this time. We went there last month with the grandsons, and that was enough for now.

I sat down this morning with a WDW park calendar and planned out which park we would go to on which days. We are staying at the WL and the boat to MK is a must do. It is also Food & Wine and I had to pencil in some time there. Then there is DHS and the new TSL to go to. We only have four park days during our trip and we are not going to AK this time. We went there last month with the grandsons, and that was enough for now.

How have you not done this already? LOL Had to decide 180+ days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!