The ONE THING that you dream of when you are not at Disney

RDURay20

*Ray Ray*
Leading up to my most recent trip (Oct 9th-11th), I found myself listening to The Official Walt Disney World Album on my phone quite a bit. One of my favorites is "Grim Grinning Ghosts'. It gave me chills to be inside "The Stretching Room' this trip! At that moment, I KNEW I was home at Walt Disney World! What is the one thing you think about prior to a trip?

one thing? I can't choose one thing LOL I reminisce about everything! :love: I love planning out next trip, going through pictures from our last trip, talking with the kids about our dinners etc. We aren't planning to go until fall of 2017 to celebrate my middle sons high school grad and hopefully take advantage of the free dining promo but I'm already obsessing about our trip. A day doesn't go by I don't bring up our upcoming adventure and ask the kids for their input on planning.. changes I'm considering making for parks and food etc. This time I'm planning on getting the memory maker and coordinating our outfits for pictures. (I'm a photographer and don't have any pictures of us as a family :guilty:) I've started creating outfits on polyvore and bought some things for DIY shirts for us and I just bought material at Walmart this evening to make each of us a Mickey themed drawstring bag. My 17 year old son has been rolling his eyes at my suggestions for coordinating Disney outfits but I think once we are there he will succumb to the magic and play along.:smooth: My only snag is he wants to bring his girlfriend and my 20 y/o daughter wants to bring her boyfriend (I think she would be devastated if he didn't propose during the trip) and my 14 y/o would have to bring a friend too. That makes us a party of 8 and bumps us out of the cabins at Ft Wilderness and my husband is dead set against them bringing friends and just wants a family trip because by 2020 and youngest DS graduates HS Our older two could be married with kids. So I'm going back and forth planning for two different scenarios :rolleyes2 but it's planning :cloud9:

one thing? I can't choose one thing LOL I reminisce about everything! :love: I love planning out next trip, going through pictures from our last trip, talking with the kids about our dinners etc. We aren't planning to go until fall of 2017 to celebrate my middle sons high school grad and hopefully take advantage of the free dining promo but I'm already obsessing about our trip. A day doesn't go by I don't bring up our upcoming adventure and ask the kids for their input on planning.. changes I'm considering making for parks and food etc. This time I'm planning on getting the memory maker and coordinating our outfits for pictures. (I'm a photographer and don't have any pictures of us as a family :guilty:) I've started creating outfits on polyvore and bought some things for DIY shirts for us and I just bought material at Walmart this evening to make each of us a Mickey themed drawstring bag. My 17 year old son has been rolling his eyes at my suggestions for coordinating Disney outfits but I think once we are there he will succumb to the magic and play along.:smooth: My only snag is he wants to bring his girlfriend and my 20 y/o daughter wants to bring her boyfriend (I think she would be devastated if he didn't propose during the trip) and my 14 y/o would have to bring a friend too. That makes us a party of 8 and bumps us out of the cabins at Ft Wilderness and my husband is dead set against them bringing friends and just wants a family trip because by 2020 and youngest DS graduates HS Our older two could be married with kids. So I'm going back and forth planning for two different scenarios :rolleyes2 but it's planning :cloud9:
Kelly - I arrived home from Orlando eight hours ago. I was inflight staring out the window wondering when I was going back. Turns out, it will be in 23 days. I easily 'out Disney' my 12 year old.

How to convince my husband we need to go back sooner than he thinks we do:rolleyes1
Then there is the dreams while I am at work and not enjoying my day so I start planning.

I am guilty of booking a FastPass with no plans on going. I'm sure loads of people do this. That could be why rides like Frozen never have availability.

Turkey Legs.
The castle "going to sleep." AKA the Goodnight kiss.
Seeing the bus pull up to the hotel.
"Have a magical day"
Walking down main street
Disney balloons

Two things I miss every time...
the first sight of Cinderella Castle (brings tears to my eyes with just a single glance)
...and the very end of Illuminations. It never fails to make me have chills, and cry. The sheer beauty and impact...I can't get it anywhere else.

It always amazes me exactly how huge Cinderella Castle is right about at Casey's (heading up Main St). I've been on Seven Dwarfs Mine Train a few times lately during 'Wishes'. That is a cool experience!

I'll be at Disney World next Friday to the following Thursday. Super excited. The one thing I think about is Illuminations, and being there. Plus hearing the beautiful ending music as I'm leaving EPCOT. That music makes me tear up each time I hear it because it makes me feel so happy to be there. Or, so sad on the last day when I have to fly back home.

Oh, and seeing all of the cast members greeting me with "Good morning Princess" when I first enter the Magic Kingdom. Even though I am a 35 year old woman. But, I look like I'm in my 20s.

I just loaded all the pictures I could find from our previous trips onto a digital frame and put it next to the bed :)

This is silly, but just the way everything smells. There are certain smells you only smell in WDW. And everything has its own smell. My DH thinks I'm crazy, but it's true! Like when you enter Pirates, it smells a certain way. Love it! I wonder what the new smells on Soarin are? Anybody know? My kids are bummed the orange smell will be gone.

Turning left.....

Main St is awesome and walking down the street seeing the balloons and smelling the bakery.....

But NOTHING like turning left......

When you hit that bridge to Adventureland.....and hear those drums....I am suddenly 10 again.....and trasported out of FL to a magical land.....where I can go on a Jungle Cruise....sail with Pirates.....and see that Splash Mountain in the distance.....

MAgic everytime!

This is silly, but just the way everything smells. There are certain smells you only smell in WDW. And everything has its own smell. My DH thinks I'm crazy, but it's true! Like when you enter Pirates, it smells a certain way. Love it! I wonder what the new smells on Soarin are? Anybody know? My kids are bummed the orange smell will be gone.
YES!!!! OH my gosh, yes a thousand times!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel the exact same way, I'm so glad someone mentioned this. I really feel this in Pirates and the Haunted Mansion. Can't WAIT to go back in a few months :)

I haven't been to Disney World in almost 20 years, so my memories are a bit hazy. However, I do remember the first time I saw the Tree of Life very vividly. I was more in awe of that than Cinderella's castle as an 8 year old girl. So when I dream of Disney, I dream of the Tree of Life.

Granddaughter is totally dreaming about a Dole Whip float that we save for our last night in the parks.

I'm dreaming of a refurbed room at Pop.

My son is dreaming about Biergarten and touring Epcot.

I'm also spending a lot of time thinking about whether or not I will use the FP for Flight of Passage. I have motion sickness issues and avoid Soarin', Star Tours, and Mission: Space.

I don't know why, but for me it's arriving at my Resort. The walk from the lobby to my room. That immediate "I'm here!" feeling. You know there is a lot of magic to come. Walking through the door of your room. Setting your bags aside. For me... it's my arrival day.:)

Oh man so much! Eat sleep Disney repeat lol
The first glimpse of the castle, sitting in the Grand Floridian lobby, riding Tower of Terror... So so many

Listening to the Christmas Disney music on Youtube for hours on end. And missing the Christmas party and drinking alot of hot chocolate all night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!