the origins of club 33

acrucifer

Mouseketeer
my DW and I are planning our vacation at DPP this fall. (we are from the east coast) . I have seen references to club 33 but cannot find any information on it. can someone tell me what club 33 is, as it sounds like fun to me.. thanks.

" life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the number of times we experience something that takes our breath away"

Club 33 is an exclusive club that is located in the New Orleans section of Disneyland. You either need to be a club member, or have a club member sponsor your meal there. Disneyland may have events that include a meal at Club 33, but those are few & far between ... and expensive.

Here's a site with more information: Club 33 Site

I would like to thank both of you for responding. I found the links very helpful and it looks as if I will be looking at club 33 from the outside since I am a nobody and I certainly refuse to spend 2500.00 for membership. you were both very helpful though, thanks.

acrucifer said:
I would like to thank both of you for responding. I found the links very helpful and it looks as if I will be looking at club 33 from the outside since I am a nobody and I certainly refuse to spend 2500.00 for membership. you were both very helpful though, thanks.

Great! You can stand outside with the rest of us, then. ;)

I had always wondered about the history of Club 33 and was surprised to discover that it was Walt's idea originally to have somewhere to entertain special guests, how sad that he was never able to see the finished product. I was unclear based on these websites:

Where does the income from Club 33 go? Is it somehow divided to charities etc or just regular park income?

How was it decided that there could only be 400 members and who is in charge of approving these members?

I find it fascinating but a little surprising that there would be such an exclusive place on Disneyland property, something that is not for the enjoyment of all nor is it Disney family only allowed.

Can someone explain?

acrucifer said:

You never know, I think there are more corporate memberships out there than there used to be. DH makes sure he mentions any Disneyland trips we have planned to his suppliers at work and several times folks have offered to arrange for us to dine there.
Unfortunately, seems like everytime we find a supplier with a membership, affiliations change and we no longer have that contact.
:sad2:
Not giving up hope though!

Im a civil servant, dont know any corporate types. I am pretty much out of this one. thanks though for your encouragement.

I too am a lonely RN...i'll be the one with my nose pressed to the glass when we visit on my 40th....sometimes I wish I had made different career choices just for the perks..lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter