The Queues at Universal (can walk through?)

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
I won't be going on all rides with my family at Universal due to health issues. Also, I can see my husband wanting to sit some rides out as he has a sensitive stomach (only so many simulator rides he'll be able to take).

I'm wondering if for the following rides, can I stand in line with them but when they get on, I exit? e.g. thinking of a roller coaster example where you can just step through to the other side if not riding. Also, are any of the queues worth seeing? I think for example some said that the HP Forbidden Journey ride is a walkthrough too...

Specific Rides:
  • Transformers
  • Mummy
  • Simpsons
  • Jurrasic Park
  • Harry Potter and Forbidden Journey
  • Flight of Hippogriff

Yes, you can walk through any of those lines. On flight of the Hippogriff, just tell them you don't want to ride and walk through. On the others, you can wait in the child swap area or just walk through to the exit. My husband has motion sickness issues with most of these rides but usually waits in line with us.

Great. Thank you. Not sure the logistics of 'child swap' but sounds like it is not a problem standing in line with them. The last thing I want is to get to the front and then to escape, have to go backward through the line. Can imagine the looks of annoyance I'd get (understandably):scared:

Have you decided what all you're going to do? I know that we were both pondering what to do outside of Disneyland and wondered what you had decided.

Have you decided what all you're going to do? I know that we were both pondering what to do outside of Disneyland and wondered what you had decided.

Hi TexasErin...I think you mean for our non-Disney days? If so, yes I pretty much have it planned out. One day will be Universal. Another day there is a tour that covers a lot of the sites (Griffith Observatory, Farmer's Market/Grove, Walk of Fame area, Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills, downtown LA, star homes, etc). Another day will be Warner Brother's Tour and Santa Monica Pier. Then on downtime, may just do things like wax museum, Ripley's museum, La Brae Tar Pits.

Hi TexasErin...I think you mean for our non-Disney days? If so, yes I pretty much have it planned out. One day will be Universal. Another day there is a tour that covers a lot of the sites (Griffith Observatory, Farmer's Market/Grove, Walk of Fame area, Sunset Blvd, Beverly Hills, downtown LA, star homes, etc). Another day will be Warner Brother's Tour and Santa Monica Pier. Then on downtime, may just do things like wax museum, Ripley's museum, La Brae Tar Pits.

We went to Griffith Observatory and I loved it! We watched the show about water and I thought it was excellent! The kids have seen La La Land and Rebel Without a Cause, so they both thought it was cool to see the observatory since it is in both of those films. It sounds like you have picked a lot of great places! I think next year we may go to San Juan Capistrano.

Are you going to do a trip report?

We went to Griffith Observatory and I loved it! We watched the show about water and I thought it was excellent! The kids have seen La La Land and Rebel Without a Cause, so they both thought it was cool to see the observatory since it is in both of those films. It sounds like you have picked a lot of great places! I think next year we may go to San Juan Capistrano.

Are you going to do a trip report?

Thanks for the comments about Griffith Observatory. Very neat seeing live what you've seen from movies. :-)
Can't wait to see ourselves.

Yes...I have a pre-report and will probably do a report after too.

Sorry I didn't explain very well. At several rides in Universal at the end of the line next to boarding they have a "child swap" room where a parent with a young child can wait while the other parent rides the ride and then swap the small child so the other parent can ride. They usually have a movie playing in there. You don't have to have a child to wait there, you can just wait for the rest of your party to finish the ride, or just pass through to the exit.

Sorry I didn't explain very well. At several rides in Universal at the end of the line next to boarding they have a "child swap" room where a parent with a young child can wait while the other parent rides the ride and then swap the small child so the other parent can ride. They usually have a movie playing in there. You don't have to have a child to wait there, you can just wait for the rest of your party to finish the ride, or just pass through to the exit.

Thank you. So I would stay in line with my family and then the child swap area is located? I'm thinking too in the case where both DH and I are sitting out and it's a long line up . At least then we know when our kids go on rather than randomly just waiting and waiting and not knowing whereabouts they are in the line up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!