The Rainbow Lounge - LGBT Chit Chat

What do we think about a Rainbow Lounge?

• Loving it, I'll be here every day. This IS now officially my new homepage on all devices!

• I'm in between. Fun idea but I don't really have much to say at the moment *puts it on watched*

• What's this? I chit chat where ever I want.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Who has a trip planned to WDW this year? When are you going? Where are you staying? Let's hear all about it.

Sorry, I know this is slightly unrelated--my next trip is to DLP and not WDW, but I did want to share that my husband and I recently got back from our honeymoon at WDW! 4 days at the Dolphin and it felt magical the whole way through!

Sorry, I know this is slightly unrelated--my next trip is to DLP and not WDW, but I did want to share that my husband and I recently got back from our honeymoon at WDW! 4 days at the Dolphin and it felt magical the whole way through!

Congratulations! We were originally going to Europe this year - Berlin, Munich, Paris, and London with a stop at DLP but ultimately we decided to visit WDW for gay days instead since we haven't seen our big group of friends for two years. I met them in 2010 at WDW gay days and have met up at WDW most years.

Congratulations! We were originally going to Europe this year - Berlin, Munich, Paris, and London with a stop at DLP but ultimately we decided to visit WDW for gay days instead since we haven't seen our big group of friends for two years. I met them in 2010 at WDW gay days and have met up at WDW most years.

Have fun at gay days! I wish I could go to those sometime. And if you ever find yourself in Berlin and need a tour guide, I live there and am always up for giving recommendations or meeting with fellow Disney fans!

Totally understand about the sticker shock with any ABD trip. When I did the DIS exclusive Southern California Backstage Magic ABD in December 2018, I did it as a solo traveler (since I didn't feel comfortable sharing a room). So my cost was 1 1/2 times the single person rate for double occupancy. I would have loved to have done the DIS London-Paris and DLP trip last October, but couldn't see paying over $10K as a single person (this was before trip insurance, airfare or pre/post days added on).

But even with the sticker shock, after having been on an ABD trip, I can tell you the cost is well worth it. Maybe if I had a bf or a friend I was comfortable sharing a room with, I would try to go on more ABD trips.

I can be pretty cheap and found the cost really staggering, but literally everyone I've heard from and everything I've read basically gives it a 10/10. So I figured it would be a great way to visit CA/ DLR for the first time!

I can be pretty cheap and found the cost really staggering, but literally everyone I've heard from and everything I've read basically gives it a 10/10. So I figured it would be a great way to visit CA/ DLR for the first time!
Does the DL/CA one still offer the vip tour experience? If it does, that's so worth a part of the price.

Does the DL/CA one still offer the vip tour experience? If it does, that's so worth a part of the price.
If I recall correctly, all ABD trips, regardless of the destination, have two Disney Cast Members as your guides. While they may not typically be "plaids", they are treated as such when at Disney Parks. Granted, there is an itinerary and a lot of the items you do is prearranged. But you do have a fair amount of time on your own to spend in DL or DCA as you want.

I don't want to give to much away on the Southern California Backstage Magic ABD. Our guides did take us through the FP line (if available) for some rides. But outside of the pre-arranged items, we were provided digital Fastpasses to use when we were on our time at the Disneyland Resort. For the most part these were for any attraction. Now with Star Wars Galaxy Edge, not sure if the FP will be included there. We were there during an extremely rainy time. So we ended up getting additional FPs to use since our park days were almost totally rained out. This was unexpected and a bit of pixie dust.

This is a trip I would definitely do again, but something that needs a few years between trips since the overall itinerary does not change.

....I don't want to give to much away on the Southern California Backstage Magic ABD. Our guides did take us through the FP line (if available) for some rides. ..... Now with Star Wars Galaxy Edge, not sure if the FP will be included there. We were there during an extremely rainy time. So we ended up getting additional FPs to use since our park days were almost totally rained out. This was unexpected and a bit of pixie dust....

I appreciate you not giving anything away!! I am trying to resist the urge to avoid looking into the details of the itinerary so I can be surprised.

In terms of Galaxy's Edge, I am wondering how they will go about it. From what I've heard, VIP tour guides will not allow special access to that land? While I certainly want to see SWGE, I am not a huge Star War's fan. The top priority for me are the classic attractions, but I am not really picky.

I've intentionally tried not to look into much about Disneyland so when I go, I can be really surprised by what I find there. While I love WDW, at this point I am not really "surprised" by anything. I do see and experience new things each trip, but know the layout of the Parks, Attractions, ect. extremely well. Reading a lot about Disney history makes this somewhat of a futile effort, but I am trying my best!

In terms of Galaxy's Edge, I am wondering how they will go about it. From what I've heard, VIP tour guides will not allow special access to that land? While I certainly want to see SWGE, I am not a huge Star War's fan. The top priority for me are the classic attractions, but I am not really picky.
Granted when I did my ABD trip Star Wars Galaxy Edge was not open. Since then, I have heard of VIP tours getting into Smugglers Run. But at this point no VIP tours on Rise of the Resistance, unless the VIP tour does like everyone else to get a Virtual Boarding Group. When I was at DHS right before New Years, we were over on Sunset Blvd waiting for the park to officially open and get our Virtual Boarding Group. We saw a group of people, with a Plaid, going through a backstage gate/door area. My guess is that they all tapped into DHS and then left via Backstage to start the rest of the VIP tour as they attempted to get the Boarding Group.

Unless the ABD tour has changed a lot in a little over a year, I would not think you would go into Star Wars Galaxy Edge as part of the tour. But again, I could be totally wrong.

What's the coolest thing you've done at a Disney park?

For me it was being the grand marshal of the 3:00 parade on gay day in the magic kingdom!

Awwwe! Where/how did it happen?

2014? We were getting ready for a photopass photo and I always ensure he looks his best before the photos and as I’m posing for the photo everyone starts screaming and I look around and he was on his knee SO nervous and asked will you marry me...I was in a state of shock to be honest.

2014? We were getting ready for a photopass photo and I always ensure he looks his best before the photos and as I’m posing for the photo everyone starts screaming and I look around and he was on his knee SO nervous and asked will you marry me...I was in a state of shock to be honest.
How awesome!!!

Who has a trip planned to WDW this year? When are you going? Where are you staying? Let's hear all about it.

My 2020 trips:

1. March 2-3 at BLT then March 3-8 at Poly for my 50th Birthday with my best friend and my sister.
2. June 4 -7 at Pop for Gay Days (Solo Trip)
3. September 7 -15 at Beach Club - crashing a trip with my friends family - sleeping on the couch in a 2 bedroom villa!
4. Dec 31 - Jan 3 at Boardwalk Villas BW view studio for NYE followed by a 4 night cruise.

My 2020 trips:

1. March 2-3 at BLT then March 3-8 at Poly for my 50th Birthday with my best friend and my sister.
2. June 4 -7 at Pop for Gay Days (Solo Trip)
3. September 7 -15 at Beach Club - crashing a trip with my friends family - sleeping on the couch in a 2 bedroom villa!
4. Dec 31 - Jan 3 at Boardwalk Villas BW view studio for NYE followed by a 4 night cruise.
Nice! Say hi if you want during your gay days trip. We have a group of about 9 that will be hitting the designated parks!

Andrew here. Do you arrive on the 4th (AK Day)? And do you depart on the 7th (EPCOT Day)? EPCOT for us is drink around the world. We always have a blast!

Hi Andrew, Neal here :) Yes I arrive on the 4th (plane lands at 8:20am) and leave on the 7th (flight is 9:15pm) so I should be in the parks both of those days. I've done a few solo trips before but it would be fun to meet new folks and run amok!

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!