The "REAL" Matterhorn! (pic)

CMHusband

Monorail Madness
I've always loved the Matterhorn at Disneyland. I recently came across a picture of my wife and I at the REAL Matterhorn in Switzerland taken in 1986.
Yes, I was so obsessed with Disney's Matterhorn, that I needed to go and see the real one for myself.
Pardon the 80" clothes and hair!

4702809671_7cea1e091f.jpg

Nice! I used to live in Switzerland when I was younger. My mom took me to Zermatt for vaction! It was probably one of my favorite places in all of Switzerland. The train ride there was just beautiful. The no-cars policy was really nice too. I loved the little town and getting to walk around in all the shops and stuff. I went right the at very tail-end of winter, so I got to see everything while snow was still fresh on the ground.

There is a mountain right across from the Matterhorn which has a really nice hotel on top. I took the little train up there and had a cup of hot coco. It was really nice and soooo beautiful! Everything about that whole town is so unique and special. It's like right out of a Disney fairy tail! :cloud9:

Nice! I used to live in Switzerland when I was younger. My mom took me to Zermatt for vaction! It was probably one of my favorite places in all of Switzerland. The train ride there was just beautiful. The no-cars policy was really nice too. I loved the little town and getting to walk around in all the shops and stuff. I went right the at very tail-end of winter, so I got to see everything while snow was still fresh on the ground.

There is a mountain right across from the Matterhorn which has a really nice hotel on top. I took the little train up there and had a cup of hot coco. It was really nice and soooo beautiful! Everything about that whole town is so unique and special. It's like right out of a Disney fairy tail! :cloud9:

Yeah! I think Switzerland is so beautiful. We hiked all over the place. Its interesting how we took a train (Cog Train I think) up the mountain to get to Zermatt and the Hotel picked us up with an extended Golf Cart. The whole town uses them and there is no way to get cars up there. That was cool.
Man It was great! Gotta get over there again!!! Its nice to hear from someone else who has been there, I've never met anyone else who has.
We stayed in a place called "Hotel Romantica" with the gorgeous flowerboxes out on the windows and the wood stacked perfectly. They are such "neat" people. Cheers!:)

That's so cool! Just last weekend my teen son was questioning my sanity when I told him the Matterhorn looked like the original. Now I can prove it!

I've always loved the Matterhorn at Disneyland. I recently came across a picture of my wife and I at the REAL Matterhorn in Switzerland taken in 1986.
Yes, I was so obsessed with Disney's Matterhorn, that I needed to go and see the real one for myself.
Pardon the 80" clothes and hair!

4702809671_7cea1e091f.jpg

Oh neat! thanks for sharing the picture, it's a pretty neat piece of disneyland history! frame that photo!

o m g..wow... i was like 6 when that photo was taken! lol.. lol :lmao:

nice 80's clothes and hair! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter