The Reedy's Disney World Trip! (June 17-25, 2017)

Jason,

resizing pictures depends a lot on how you are taking them (cell phone or camera) and OS (Apple or Google or IE). Too many variables.

My advice would be to set your photo device to fewer pixels. I take and use Fort/WDW pix taken with an Android cellphone with photo size set to 1280x720 (16:9). I also use the photobucket app on my phone to upload pix directly into each trip folder (i create a folder for each trip). But I use my Chromebook to make DIS posts since it's small, light, quick to boot, easy to hotspot or wifi, and has a full keyboard (no thumb typing).

Travel safely! Thanks for trying to get pix up. The DIS Camping Board loves pix.

Bama Ed

The trick I use if my picture is too big, I email it to myself. On the iPhone when you email it will ask what size. I always pick medium. Then I save it from the email and upload it on the dis. I know it's a pain but it works. DH has an app to reduce the size. It's called something like photo reducer.

Hope that helps.

The trick I use if my picture is too big, I email it to myself. On the iPhone when you email it will ask what size. I always pick medium. Then I save it from the email and upload it on the dis. I know it's a pain but it works. DH has an app to reduce the size. It's called something like photo reducer.

Hope that helps.

I kinda do the same thing, I text it to my email account, compresses down and then can post.

I don't do the email thing as it uses my data plan (twice, once for the send.... once for the receive.) but there are apps you can download to help. A quick google search will help there. I know cause I have the same issue. I go with the take picture at a lower resolution OR, I download them to my PC and edit them from there. (I use GIMP, a free software that is comparable to Photoshop)

tumblr_m1axq3n5qo1r99f4t.gif

Uummm

Okay, I'm in on the fun. Except that whole driving thing...
Yeah.... I'm with Michael on this one. Since I do all the driving, I could spare to do without it. Whats worse is the DW is a "Worry Wort" and gets stressed at my driving, which of course leads to advice.... You can imagine where that leads....:duck::crutches:

So yeah, once the driving is done.... I am better. :D

WellI don't want to dumb down my pictures because those are for my family album. I just may not be able to share all the pictures but that's OK

I am especially interested in hearing how early you got your spot for the fireworks to have that view of the castle?

Glad you are having a great time. Very nice picture of the castle.

Jason,

If you are on an Android phone, I use an app called Photo & Picture Resizer. Super simple. Click "Share" on the pic and Photo Resizer will be an option. Click the resize icon at the top right and it prompts you for the size (Pixels/ XX%) and you click the resize button. It saves the resized pic in a Resize folder so you can find them easily.

j

Jason,

If you are on an Android phone, I use an app called Photo & Picture Resizer. Super simple. Click "Share" on the pic and Photo Resizer will be an option. Click the resize icon at the top right and it prompts you for the size (Pixels/ XX%) and you click the resize button. It saves the resized pic in a Resize folder so you can find them easily.

j

Thanks for posting- I just put that on my phone! That'll be helpful cause I like sending a lot of pics in one email and have never been able to do it from my phone before.

Jason welcome!! Praying that your travels will be great & lot of pixie dust. Love your trailer!! Keep the pictures & journey coming our way!

I am especially interested in hearing how early you got your spot for the fireworks to have that view of the castle?

20170621_210113-800x600.jpg

I don't know how early Jason got to his spot, but we managed to get there about 20 minutes before the show. Then they "Compressed" the crowd which actually pushed us closer.

I will say that I do like the new show, but I think Disney is getting a bit "Fanatical" with their "Lasers" Although not really in this shot, if you saw the show you'd know exactly what I was talking about.

Still it's cool.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!