The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty Disney, I have a March trip coming up and need dates on Space220 and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway ride preferably today ok? Thanks!

...hey, a girl can dream right? :rotfl2:
You have the date for MMRR already, March 4.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...ywood-studios/mickey-minnies-runaway-railway/
For Space 220 I recall seeing somewhere that the job postings for the site stated a February 2020 opening and I thought something like the 13th was expected though that I have no idea the basis on.

https://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/spa...gests-february-2020-opening-for-space-220.htm

All of this reskin SWGE talk.

I think it is possible, change Kylo Ren to Darth Vader, change stormtrooper helmets, edit the video screens a bit, the hologram could be Yoda or someone, replace BB8 with R2-D2. Change Poe to someone random rebel fighter. Maybe a Han Solo animatronic. I think it is possible. However, the ride would probably have to be down for a long time. So probably like a long term thing.

Hondo existed in that time period, so did Chewy. The rest of the park is generic and could make the land more timeless then a specific time period.

Just thoughts

All of this reskin SWGE talk.

I think it is possible, change Kylo Ren to Darth Vader, change stormtrooper helmets, edit the video screens a bit, the hologram could be Yoda or someone, replace BB8 with R2-D2. Change Poe to someone random rebel fighter. Maybe a Han Solo animatronic. I think it is possible. However, the ride would probably have to be down for a long time. So probably like a long term thing.

Hondo existed in that time period, so did Chewy. The rest of the park is generic and could make the land more timeless then a specific time period.

Just thoughts

I agree it likely wouldn't be for a while ... Batuu has appeared in some in different time periods in book form (including Anakin and Darth Vader visiting at different periods) .... you would have to change around how it looks and maybe who owns the cantina and stuff like that, but definitely could work

What I would be more open to is if they changed one coast's to being OT time period and leave the other is so people can experience both

Any rumors regarding what the refurbishment notice on the Disneyland Hotel website is with regards to? There is a notice on the website that reads
"...From February 2 through winter 2020, it is possible that you may see and hear construction as we make improvements to the Disneyland Hotel. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time...To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425..."
I called. lol. CM was very apologetic but told me they just learned what was up on the website and didn't know anything more than that.

Any rumors regarding what the refurbishment notice on the Disneyland Hotel website is with regards to? There is a notice on the website that reads
"...From February 2 through winter 2020, it is possible that you may see and hear construction as we make improvements to the Disneyland Hotel. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Some Guest rooms will not be available during this time...To learn more about these refurbishments, please call (714) 956-6425..."
I called. lol. CM was very apologetic but told me they just learned what was up on the website and didn't know anything more than that.
Could be preliminary work for the new Disneyland DVC tower.

Could be preliminary work for the new Disneyland DVC tower.
Just thought to ask online chat and they told me "soft goods refurbishment, like replacing curtains". More info than anyone else at Disney told me today. No idea if online chat is an accurate source of information though.

I'm hoping that if it's just changing curtains and such that's a quiet thing that won't interrupt afternoon naps or pool activities but I'm not really familiar with what soft goods refurbs entail. Is it odd that it would take 10 months?

Just thought to ask online chat and they told me "soft goods refurbishment, like replacing curtains". More info than anyone else at Disney told me today. No idea if online chat is an accurate source of information though.

I'm hoping that if it's just changing curtains and such that's a quiet thing that won't interrupt afternoon naps or pool activities but I'm not really familiar with what soft goods refurbs entail. Is it odd that it would take 10 months?
No that wouldn’t be odd. They have to do small sections at a time to make disruptions as minimal as possible.

According to WDWMagic the Chinese park closures due to coronavirus will impact the stateside parks in terms of spending/labor. To what extent we don't know. Labor is usually the first and easiest cut to make.
More details about the rumored labor cuts. Typhoon Lagoon would remain closed for the spring. Mini Golf would be cut. Park hours would also be cut back. And work for future expansions put on hold.

WDW Pro at WDWMagic making these claims.

More details about the rumored labor cuts. Typhoon Lagoon would remain closed for the spring. Mini Golf would be cut. Park hours would also be cut back. And work for future expansions put on hold.

Typhoon is already closed into March so not completely crazy there but wouldn't make much sense past April since thats when water park visits really ramp up.

I can't see them cutting DHS hours right now but other parks probably.

I wonder what entails future expansion. Does that include things like TRON Lightcycle Power Run, Guardians and Spiderman Slingshot?

Typhoon is already closed into March so not completely crazy there but wouldn't make much sense past April since thats when water park visits really ramp up.

I can't see them cutting DHS hours right now but other parks probably.
I really wouldn’t put anything past them. Simply not reopening Typhoon is one of the easiest ways to cut staff. They’d probably hope Blizzard Beach would absorb most of the crowd. Seems like a lot of businesses are planning for long term closures in China, and this will hit Disney beyond just parks. Wouldn’t be surprised if most of this info is incorrect or misleading though.

I wonder what entails future expansion. Does that include things like TRON Lightcycle Power Run, Guardians and Spiderman Slingshot?
He seemed to imply more for expansions not yet under construction. So the Avengers ride, Pandora expansion, Galaxy’s Edge expansion, Epcot stuff, might have issues, but Tron, Spider-Man, and Guardians would not.
He only specifically named Galaxy’s Edge changes though.

I would bet spaceship earth referb and/or Mary Poppins will be pushed back as well as more ticket/food price hikes and upcharges on perks that used to be free

He said this is for anything not breaking ground yet. Tron and Guardians are well underway already so they wouldn't be part of that.

I would bet spaceship earth referb and/or Mary Poppins will be pushed back as well as more ticket/food price hikes and upcharges on perks that used to be free
Poppins isn't a huge investment so that may not be impacted by this. At least its not a Tron or Guardians level investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter