The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rip our Star Tours, put the Indy ride there, update the stunt show and you have an Indy Land.

I don't mind boat rides but they need to make them longer than Navi River a Journey. Soon as I got comfortable, it was time to get off.
Star tours is expected to stay where is, and just get new IP eventually, so doubt new ride goes there

You are assuming the stunt show would stay? I doubt it would if they put a ride in for Indy. Just my $0.02 though. Again, this will NOT be an Indy land at DHS, Indy ride will just be an E attraction.

I guess where Indy is a big IP and future films on the way, maybe doesn't warrant its own land. In which case I'm all on board of the stunt show going and a pirates type ride from shanghai replacing it

You are assuming the stunt show would stay? I doubt it would if they put a ride in for Indy. Just my $0.02 though. Again, this will NOT be an Indy land at DHS, Indy ride will just be an E attraction.
I would love to see them change the stunt show so it's no longer how it's made, but just watching Indiana Jones "himself". I think it could be interesting you could maybe throw in some more scenes or stunts that take place.

I would love to see them change the stunt show so it's no longer how it's made, but just watching Indiana Jones "himself". I think it could be interesting you could maybe throw in some more scenes or stunts that take place.

i wonder if they could make the stunt show part of the queue for a new ride. Not the exact same of course - but like how they have the scare actors in the queue for Kong Skull Island at Universal, if they had some sort of "show" going on in the queue that could be pretty cool and almost like 2 attractions in one

i wonder if they could make the stunt show part of the queue for a new ride. Not the exact same of course - but like how they have the scare actors in the queue for Kong Skull Island at Universal, if they had some sort of "show" going on in the queue that could be pretty cool and almost like 2 attractions in one
LOVE this idea!

I am TOTALLY here for this! This would be a fantastic idea and something very unique

Okay just a heads up.....
Per MagicFeather and Martin and a few others....there could be some changes to long term plans...

First - Looks like GotG is the ONLY Marvel coming to Epcot, they still have plans to work on FW and spine, but no more Marvel.
Second - Capex discussion has happened in the last week or so, and as such, some thing might be off the board now.

So far locked and loaded - Tron, Rat ride, Mickey ride(duh), SW:GE, TSL(June 30th opening ;) ), GotG and for now Space restaurant.

Some items that may or may not happen: UK ride, Brazil(although some still think this will happen), Mk theater(and replacement), Coco in Mexico

No one has stated for sure any total cancels have happened, but some cuts have been made(thus only Marvel for now is GotG).

Per MagicFeather and Martin and a few others....there could be some changes to long term plans...

First - Looks like GotG is the ONLY Marvel coming to Epcot, they still have plans to work on FW and spine, but no more Marvel.
Second - Capex discussion has happened in the last week or so, and as such, some thing might be off the board now.

So far locked and loaded - Tron, Rat ride, Mickey ride(duh), SW:GE, TSL(June 30th opening ;) ), GotG and for now Space restaurant.

Some items that may or may not happen: UK ride, Brazil(although some still think this will happen), Mk theater(and replacement), Coco in Mexico

No one has stated for sure any total cancels have happened, but some cuts have been made(thus only Marvel for now is GotG).
Whats capex?

Isn't this always what we knew? Other than the no more marvel? Or are the items on the may/may not list now all leaning towards not

The only thing in this list that they actually announced is the MK theater, correct? I still hope that happens somehow... pull some crowds away from things I want to do... :)

Where there ever any talks to also add Doctor Strange to Epcot considering that (well technically also big hero 6) are the only properties we can have in park east of the Mississippi

the following is an update by Magic Feather at WDWMagic.com. He posted the original last year, and updated with Bold what has changed....
Magic Feather said:
It was between Tomorrowland and Frontierland for the 50th job, and TL won. And it is becoming more apparent I don't expect a major Fantasy Land anything in Orl anytime soon, still barring a new opportunity TWDC just can't pass up.
As for DL, expect SWL for the west side (duh), more infrastructure stuff ala Big Thunder Trail on that side mainly around Fantasmic and Pirates, with that being it. TDA has kicked a needed Tomorrowland refresh for ages, and they just keep kicking it down. As of recent, next up for DL was Fantasyland area, but it seems that, while it will still be involved, the next DL project is less centered on Fantasy.
I'm feeling on a roll, so while we are at it...
EPCOT: FW getting bulk of things. Communicore changes yet again. If they can ever decide on a concept The Seas will become the "Pavillion on a hill" or the hive of scum and villainy Galaxy's Edge was intended to be. God knows what's going on with imagination. Spoiler Alert: Nothing No, Groot will not be taking over the Land Pavillion, and don't even bother with Wonders of Life for the next 2/3 of a decade, because Disney barely is either. As for WS, just cranking out Unlikely Coco, Beefed upUK, Rat, Brazil (And Friends?).
HS: TSL, SWL, Shows going to that great big theater in the sky if they ever get around to it, the Muppets are staying for a while: deal with it and no, the new sign’s letters are not interchangeable, Star Tours isn't too long for this Galaxy: deal with it, and Fantasmic -1.0 will be here a while. Also, Christmas Echo Lake will be was great. Sunset... better than Meh. Oh, and two (maybe three) of the best rides to ever come out of Imagineering IMO.
AK: Don't Cry for me Anandapur was a reference to Russel’s Product Placement Vlogathon bc South America stuff in Anandapur, yes a potential Avatar expansion exists and no I do not expect it to happen. Rivers of Light is in one day and out the next with management but mostly in, but it has been serving its purpose, leading to a resounding "Why Bother?" In management.
DCA: Marvel is a loosely nailed down mess. Pixar is a thematic mess. Runaway is a relocated mess. Expansion of ORL boundaries is a cancelled mess. Halloween in great.

And now cryptic stuff that could apply anywhere domestically:
Winter is Coming... Eventually TDS
Let's All Sing Like... Who? Was theater project, now could apply to its reallocation of funds
33 Upcharges Club 33
The Not So Suite Life Galaxy’s Edge Space Larp Cruise
The Not So Secret Life (SLoP is not coming to USF is what I believe my intention was with that, I don’t totally recal)
Magic Not in Disney
Find your Way Black Letting this one stay ambiguous
Can you tell me how to get to Seaworld? Seaworld’s new Sesame Street Land (see the permits)
New York Leaving Ambigious
I didn't Nintend to Infringe on your Ship Could take on a new meaning
Needs More Cowbell Leaving ambiguous

So good thing is, UK still looks good, Brazil still looks good, Rat we know for sure as construction has started, same for GotG. I am intrigued by Seas...but doubt it happens since to me this is Stitch 2.0 with no theme locked. Spine still gonna happen...

And for the upteenth time...Nothing to Imagination..sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter