The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to rumors the Coco overlay isn’t happening anymore.

We finally watched the movie and enjoyed it. I can see why many thought it would be a good change. It's not like the current ride is an Epcot original with the Caballeros in there, but I guess this is an old discussion by now.

We finally watched the movie and enjoyed it. I can see why many thought it would be a good change. It's not like the current ride is an Epcot original with the Caballeros in there, but I guess this is an old discussion by now.

I agree it would work really well - the movie really celebrates Mexican culture (I know it did really well in Mexico and read a few reviews from people there that really felt they did a great job with that aspect) and I think visually they could do some really cool things. Oh well, maybe eventually

Okay some things that may have been covered in other threads.......

Per MansionButler 84 from WDWMagic.com:
I heard May 2021 to 12/31/22 was considered. I’m sure there are many complexities to nailing down a date. But the announced projects can all complete by then. I expect the announced projects with one more at Epcot, an impressive entertainment package at all four parks, and a surprising number of significant ride refurbishments. What more could one ask for?
This was the timing of the 50th anniversary of MK, so per this we can hope other than the theater, all other announced things will happen, plus an Epcot add - which I am betting is UK ride.
Also, called out is new night time parade for MK with the 50th.

Also, permits filed for Star Wars hotel picture created by MisterPenguin of WDWMagic.com
View attachment 313649

So wait if the yellow area is where the hotel could go. WHat is all that dirt directly across from SW:GE? The parking lot expansion?? Also to add to the potential coco overlay, I was so against it at first but now I think I would love to see them redo the ride in Mexico to be coco. Of course I would have a change of heart when they decide to potentially can the idea.

So wait if the yellow area is where the hotel could go. WHat is all that dirt directly across from SW:GE? The parking lot expansion?? Also to add to the potential coco overlay, I was so against it at first but now I think I would love to see them redo the ride in Mexico to be coco. Of course I would have a change of heart when they decide to potentially can the idea.
Yes parking lot expansion.

Latest update from Martin at WDWMagic.com on Epcot projects:
From what I know (which isn’t nearly everything and I don’t claim to be right!) these are still happening

A UK development
Brazil
A new night show
The central spine will be altered
A new movie in Circle of Life eventually
Wonders should be used for more than storage and festivals
There is long term discussion for the Imag complex and SSE but this is way in the distance
I’m surprised there’s been no movement with the Space TSR yet.

There’s a few other things I don’t think have been discussed yet that are proposed, but I can’t mention them unless they become apparent. Some things I assume are still going to happen (like the China update) but are conspicuous by their recent quietness.
Net, looks like Uk, Brazil and others still happening. Some delay on others is a bit concerning.

I will add, while it has been discussed before that Imagination option could be to bull doze it, this is the first time I have heard SSE included in that possiblity

Latest update from Martin at WDWMagic.com on Epcot projects:

Net, looks like Uk, Brazil and others still happening. Some delay on others is a bit concerning.

I will add, while it has been discussed before that Imagination option could be to bull doze it, this is the first time I have heard SSE included in that possiblity

I hope they don't Bull Doze Imagination - the glass pyramids are pretty iconic ... but what is inside needs an overhaul

From Martin at WDWMagic

50EDE2CF-0319-40D1-8925-C5C6BC672588.jpg

A is the Cantina Table Service
B is a series of 5 interconnected stores
C is a covered seating area for the Quick Service
D are the two area restrooms (the one to the left is yet to be built)
E is the part built Marketplace area
F is the Quick Service

From Martin at WDWMagic

View attachment 314803

A is the Cantina Table Service
B is a series of 5 interconnected stores
C is a covered seating area for the Quick Service
D are the two area restrooms (the one to the left is yet to be built)
E is the part built Marketplace area
F is the Quick Service
Ooh this is really good info, was wondering about a lot of this.

OKay found this tidbit a bit enjoyable from MansionButler84 over at WDWMagic.com:

Evidently the original plan for DHS was about 2.8 billion dollars - Plans included a larger SWL, potential of Monster Inc. land, and moving Cars Land to DHS as well. Instead they toned down SWL and put in TSL. But, they realized too late they toned down things too much, so that is how we got Mickey ride in GMR for about $300 Million. So final budget was moved to $1.3 to DHS. But.... it is also back on the table that DHS is still under built, so the add of a Boat ride(Shanghai POTC type tech???) could be added post 2020.
Also, he still expects show changes and upgrades in DHS, but the schedule is still hazy and not locked.

Some of the cut money went to EPCOT - which got at first $1 Billion for adds, but that may increase once they finalize the plans for FW redo.
With this there is more talk of what is done is not enough - we KNOW we are getting Rat ride in France, GotG in Energy, already done is rehab for Space, Some minor rehab is happening in Seas - still expected but not announced - UK ride(Mary Poppins), Space restaurant near test track, Brazil Pavillion(per Martin ONE pavillion is pretty locked, but the Brazil piece was hagling on legal discussions, not necessarily funding.

OKay found this tidbit a bit enjoyable from MansionButler84 over at WDWMagic.com:

Evidently the original plan for DHS was about 2.8 billion dollars - Plans included a larger SWL, potential of Monster Inc. land, and moving Cars Land to DHS as well. Instead they toned down SWL and put in TSL. But, they realized too late they toned down things too much, so that is how we got Mickey ride in GMR for about $300 Million. So final budget was moved to $1.3 to DHS. But.... it is also back on the table that DHS is still under built, so the add of a Boat ride(Shanghai POTC type tech???) could be added post 2020.
Also, he still expects show changes and upgrades in DHS, but the schedule is still hazy and not locked.

Some of the cut money went to EPCOT - which got at first $1 Billion for adds, but that may increase once they finalize the plans for FW redo.
With this there is more talk of what is done is not enough - we KNOW we are getting Rat ride in France, GotG in Energy, already done is rehab for Space, Some minor rehab is happening in Seas - still expected but not announced - UK ride(Mary Poppins), Space restaurant near test track, Brazil Pavillion(per Martin ONE pavillion is pretty locked, but the Brazil piece was hagling on legal discussions, not necessarily funding.
You have to remember though too that the first iteration of Star Wars land wasn’t as good as what we are getting today. As Martin has said it was more facade than anything in that version. I’m am not sure if that is the same version that Mansion is talking about though. I think people will be pleased with the version we are getting. Now if we could’ve gotten even more that would have been nice too.

so the add of a Boat ride(Shanghai POTC type tech???) could be added

The PoTC ride in Shanghai is pretty awesome looking. It would be crazy not to bring something like it to WDW.

Brazil Pavillion(per Martin ONE pavillion is pretty locked, but the Brazil piece was hagling on legal discussions, not necessarily funding.

What is the other pavilion that is "locked?"

What is the other pavilion that is "locked?"
The only thing LOCKED per say(yeah it changes) is one Pavillion added, the expectation is it will be Brazil, but there are rumors and more than blue sky on at least 2 others per multiple insiders. My point was it should be Brazil, but if the legal issues continue it may be something else.

You have to remember though too that the first iteration of Star Wars land wasn’t as good as what we are getting today. As Martin has said it was more facade than anything in that version. I’m am not sure if that is the same version that Mansion is talking about though. I think people will be pleased with the version we are getting. Now if we could’ve gotten even more that would have been nice too.
yes and no. I know one version was as you said, but I am also pretty sure there was a slightly more aggressive plan with a 3rd ride and more other things. I am not sure if that was all tied to if it had gone to the EL area or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter