The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the World Showcase is going to see an influx of characters I really hope it is done in a way that is tasteful and respectful of the culture. Obvious none of us has seen Coco yet but if it's an good as it looks I think it'd be a perfect way to highlight a wonderful culture using a recognizable film as a medium.

I just saw the Doctor Who Experience in Wales is closing in September, I believe. Any thoughts of where it could go...hint, Disney, hint, hint

As much as I dig the Doctor (see my username), I don't feel like it would fit well into Disney. Maybe the other player in town could do it justice. They're doing pretty well with the HP section.

I recently posted on the wdwmagic boards concerning everything in Epcot that Disney wants completed prior to the MK's 50th anniversary. All of these are rumors that Martin has talked about on wdwmagic boards:
  • Gondola station and expanded/reconfigured International Gateway
  • E-Ticket Ratatouille trackless ride
  • C/D-Ticket ride for the UK Pavilion
  • Redesigned entrance and spine down to the entrance to World Showcase
  • Rethemed restaurant in place of Electric Umbrella
  • Rethemed store in place of Mouse Gear
  • Refurbished and repurposed Innoventions areas East and West (repurposed to mean more than just empty, unused, useless space)
  • Refurbished Living with the Land
  • Refurbished film in The Land Pavilion
  • Refurbished Mission:Space (currently underway)
  • New or Refurbished nighttime fireworks show

This was his reply to my post:

Pretty much. Lump all the Innoventions interior projects into one though, and probably the spine too (although they are separate projects on paper). There's also Mexico (referring to changing the 3 Caballeros to Coco) and Brazil (new country pavilion in between Italy and Germany) plus a few other items on the list too.

Now, if the GotG rollercoaster E-Ticket is moved up again and can make it in time for the MK's 50th anniversary, all of these things together make for a pretty impressive list, and that is just for Epcot alone.

In addition, add to it Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land and the Great Mickey trackless ride in DHS. Also, there appears to be numerous new things planned for MK that have been rumored about (TL), as well as others that haven't even been openly discussed as of yet. And don't forget about refurbished resorts (CBR and CSR) with a completed gondola system.

By the time the 50th rolls around, there are going to be a lot of new things to experience. I am very excited for the future of WDW at the moment.

Last edited:

As to the EPCOT stuff...

Per mansionbutler at WDWmagic.com - Brazil is a lock, but for now does not include a ride, just the pavilion. That could change though, planned for the pad between Germany and Italy. Whoops missed you said that part :)

Brazil (sigh) fine fine, a little uninspired but fine.

Brazil (sigh) fine fine, a little uninspired but fine.

+1 It seems to be the most obvious choice considering the tour groups, etc. I'd prefer something like India or Australia and/or New Zealand, but they didn't consult me.

Does the host country still pay for the pavilion or does Disney?

Still the potential to add a 2nd Pavilion as well later, that being Spain by all reports....
+1 It seems to be the most obvious choice considering the tour groups, etc. I'd prefer something like India or Australia and/or New Zealand, but they didn't consult me.

Does the host country still pay for the pavilion or does Disney?

Well wait and I am all about South America getting representation, I just wish it was somewhere that could cater to my Emporer's New Groove love
And Spain, (sigh), why not choose a country that has an IP tied to it if they want more IPs so badly like I don't get it? Gigantic I guess but...

Ok I will come clean, I just really frickin want Greece or Egypt ok?

Brazil is fine by me. It is a unique country and you can work with the Mardi Gras culture to provide the pavilion theme (England gets the Cotswolds or Lake District, Canada got the great frosty wilderness towns, France got Paris (winner), Italy got Renaissance city remains, Germany got the Beer Garden treatment, Japan got the Imperial Palace, China the Forbidden City, Mexico the Aztec Empire, and Norway got... imaginary displacement punishment for not providing enough financial support, etc...).

I don't understand the push for Spain. It's a romance language country sandwiched between France and Italy, who are already represented. The country has been fairly irrelevant in the 19th and 20th centuries, let alone now. It seems to me a little more variety would be better. Eastern European, Australasian, even non-Arab African (since Morocco is already there). I get there are issues with Israel, sadly, and Greece doesn't have 2 dimes to rub together to contribute, and Russia, who really should be there but ok, politics (Peter and the Wolf attraction anyone?) all have issues. But that's no excuse to put in another Western European nation.

As for India, there is a lot of play in AK for India. The same could be said for non-Arab Africa, but I would be ok with either reappearing in EPCOT. Spain just puzzles me.

Brazil is fine by me. It is a unique country and you can work with the Mardi Gras culture to provide the pavilion theme (England gets the Cotswolds or Lake District, Canada got the great frosty wilderness towns, France got Paris (winner), Italy got Renaissance city remains, Germany got the Beer Garden treatment, Japan got the Imperial Palace, China the Forbidden City, Mexico the Aztec Empire, and Norway got... imaginary displacement punishment for not providing enough financial support, etc...).

I don't understand the push for Spain. It's a romance language country sandwiched between France and Italy, who are already represented. The country has been fairly irrelevant in the 19th and 20th centuries, let alone now. It seems to me a little more variety would be better. Eastern European, Australasian, even non-Arab African (since Morocco is already there). I get there are issues with Israel, sadly, and Greece doesn't have 2 dimes to rub together to contribute, and Russia, who really should be there but ok, politics (Peter and the Wolf attraction anyone?) all have issues. But that's no excuse to put in another Western European nation.

As for India, there is a lot of play in AK for India. The same could be said for non-Arab Africa, but I would be ok with either reappearing in EPCOT. Spain just puzzles me.

I see India at AK as well! That would be super cool!
True about Greece, and I agree that Russia technically should have some represenation because it's so huge and a prominent world power. Poland could be cool or a Baltic country which has yet to be represented.

Also cool: Iceland

I'd gladly accept more India at AK and your point about Russia is spot on. Politics aside, it should be included - culture, history, size.

I'm excited about Brazil. It's about time South America gets some representation.

Spain (or really any European country) just seems like too much Europe. Almost half of the world showcase is Europe already.

Needs more Africa, I vote for Djibouti.
But Egypt! would be SO COOL. But if they could make their African market cooler just honestly instead of the sad transient thing it is. I would be happy with even Kenya or Nigeria

Brazil is okay, and as others have said, not entirely surprising based on the tourist groups. Personally, I'd love to see Australia or New Zealand as the second pavilion.

I agree! I have a special place in my heart for 3 Caballeros. :love: I always start singing that song while I waiting in line although I do sometimes call them the 3 Amigos by mistake! :confused3

You stood in line for 3 Amigos? I don't think I've ever failed to walk on. It's the best thing about it in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter