The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally SOME kind of news...... ;)

Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - there are two additions being looked at for DAK. One of them is still tentatively marked to be completed prior to the 50th for WDW.

This was shared in the Indy to DAK thread....
It was pointed out by another poster - that it probably isn't Indy -as the movie has been delayed possibly by a year, due to lack of script.

I will add, per Martin and some other insiders - the leading update to DAK Dinosaur area is just and upgrade...no Indy in DAK.

Per Martin at WDWMagic.com - there are two additions being looked at for DAK. One of them is still tentatively marked to be completed prior to the 50th for WDW.

It was pointed out by another poster - that it probably isn't Indy -as the movie has been delayed possibly by a year, due to lack of script.

I will add, per Martin and some other insiders - the leading update to DAK Dinosaur area is just and upgrade...no Indy in DAK.

I'm really looking forward to a new Indy film, but the delay pretty much made my day. Between the delay and the Fox purchase, I'm willing to bet if Dinoland is touched at all, it will only be to do something with Dinorama to limit costs.

I cannot express how much I don't want Dinosaur to lose Dr Seeker.

any news on a night time parade at MK anytime soon?? While watching youtube videos with my kiddo, we watched the DL paint the night parade. He LOVED it!! we watched a few other videos, and he kept saying how colorful and vibrant everything was. I realize their floats are too large for Main Street, but it would be great if they could make some variations and bring a night parade to MK.

any news on a night time parade at MK anytime soon?? While watching youtube videos with my kiddo, we watched the DL paint the night parade. He LOVED it!! we watched a few other videos, and he kept saying how colorful and vibrant everything was. I realize their floats are too large for Main Street, but it would be great if they could make some variations and bring a night parade to MK.
No rumors at all. I'm not expecting something until the 50th in 2021.

The 50th is the earliest possible time we would see one.

I'd be on board with an update to Dinosaur. I am not against the concept of the ride but the execution is just not up to the standards of the Indy version ... so if they kept it as Dino themed but made it as good as the Indy ride in DLR I think that would be great!

Do you think we'll see another Christmas with IllumiNations? Or will it be replaced (even by a temporary show) before that?

Also, any talk of opening date for Runaway Railway? In time for DHS 30th anniversary on May 1st 2019?
I believe someone said fall.

As for Mickey that’s Fall 2019.

What are the chances Epcot dips below a Universal Park this year in attendance? Do you think that influences Disney to start the new night time show before the holidays start? Obviously, They are not happy with numbers so far this year.

I was there for NYE last year and tbh I was a little disappointed. It's Illuminations with a special ending and countdown. The end was fantastic, but I wasn't wowed with Illuminataions itself. It seemed old and tired. Not to mention the speaker near where we were kept going in and out. I can understand why they would want something updated by the holidays (hopefully they'll replace some of the speakers). However, I also know many people are attached to Illuminations, especially the Peace on Earth tag and will be sad if they can't see it one last time. I'm excited about the new show from the rumors though!

What are the chances Epcot dips below a Universal Park this year in attendance? Do you think that influences Disney to start the new night time show before the holidays start? Obviously, They are not happy with numbers so far this year.

In 2017 EPCOT had 12.2m and Universal Studios had 10.2m and Islands of Adventure had 9.55 - so you are looking at a 2m swing in one year, i just don't see it. The festivals and stuff just bring in a lot of people

I know it's not huge, but Disney moved the location of the summer passholder magnets from HS to Epcot. Clearly it wanted to shift some extra foot traffic to Epcot.

Do we have any idea whey they're choosing to add a temporary show ahead of a permanent change? Why aren't they just keeping Illuminations until then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter