The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....it seems the plot thickens in UK - per Martin again at WDWMagic.com - UK as we all know was planned to be one IP, then the company decided that Mary Poppins should be the IP, however, per Martin there is some issues with the IP ...and there is still a chance another IP could take the UK ride.

Per Martin, if all gets settled it is still planned to be open by 2021...but he is not sure when construction would begin.

I have seen some other insiders state they had the start of construction by Sept/Oct timings.

Just have to wait and see.

Hmmm....it seems the plot thickens in UK - per Martin again at WDWMagic.com - UK as we all know was planned to be one IP, then the company decided that Mary Poppins should be the IP, however, per Martin there is some issues with the IP ...and there is still a chance another IP could take the UK ride.

Per Martin, if all gets settled it is still planned to be open by 2021...but he is not sure when construction would begin.

I have seen some other insiders state they had the start of construction by Sept/Oct timings.

Just have to wait and see.
When you say issues with the IP what sort of issues are we talking about? I can't imagine a Mary Poppins themed attraction being hard to come up with a concept for or having the risk of not being popular.

When you say issues with the IP what sort of issues are we talking about? I can't imagine a Mary Poppins themed attraction being hard to come up with a concept for or having the risk of not being popular.
He can't make it clear, but he knows the issue. My guess is, it has to do with negotiations on Mary Poppins in general, again, this is ONLY MY GUESS! Look how long it took to get permission to do a sequel?

I don't think it is tied to the movie at all, per say, other than maybe the family feels the 2nd movie is enough? Again, only conjecture on my part.

It's too bad that they most likely won't do anything with Robin Hood - I can think of a bunch of ride ideas based on the ending alone.

They could do a ride that is literally just one long screen with the singing rooster following right beside your car for 5 minutes singing that de da de da de da do song over and over again.

I would LOVE to see a Brave attraction, but I don’t think that the fan base is strong enough.
A Brave attraction would be so cool! I have a soft spot for Brave since I have red curly hair and frequently get called Merida lol. But I agree, the fan base might not be strong enough. I've talked to plenty of people who have kids, but have never even heard of the movie.

A Brave attraction would be so cool! I have a soft spot for Brave since I have red curly hair and frequently get called Merida lol. But I agree, the fan base might not be strong enough. I've talked to plenty of people who have kids, but have never even heard of the movie.

I love the character of Merida and I think the movie is one of the most beautiful Pixar has ever made (especially the backgrounds) - but definitely not the best story

I do enjoy the King though

Although I’ve grown to like it, when I saw it the first time I really did not like it. But, I have good friend who went to see it with her daughters and they all loved it and said they all cried. So, maybe since I only have boys it doesn’t quite resonate with me? And, I definitely don’t have a traditional mother-daughter relationship with either my mom or my step-mom.

All that aside, I do think it would make a great theme for a ride!

Latest rumblings I have heard from EPCOT work:

Per Martin (WDWMagic.com) -
Proposed for 2020:
Rat ride
UK ride
New Night show
China CV re-edit
IDF re-edit
Merch changes

So UK ride still looks like it is happening, but the fact we are seeing no movement has me wondering.

Also, notice nothing on Space Restaurant or GotG....so sooner? Edit to add due 2021 I believe now that I have looked ;)

Last edited:

Proposed for 2020:
Rat ride
UK ride
New Night show
China CV re-edit
IDF re-edit
Merch changes

So UK ride still looks like it is happening, but the fact we are seeing no movement has me wondering.

Also, notice nothing on Space Restaurant or GotG....so sooner? Edit to add due 2021 I believe now that I have looked ;)
Uh, make that GotG in 2021 - the new Space TSR is for next year!

Proposed for 2020:
Rat ride
UK ride
New Night show
China CV re-edit
IDF re-edit
Merch changes

I was thinking maybe that is just rumblings for things that haven't broken ground yet, since the space restaurant and Guardian's have, but so has Rat, so there goes that theory

Also, I feel like every update I have to relearn acronyms - took me a while to remember that IDF is Impressions de France

Proposed for 2020:
Rat ride
UK ride
New Night show
China CV re-edit
IDF re-edit
Merch changes

The UK ride is the most surprising of this group by far as you would think we would have seen ground breaking or heard something about it from Disney. You have to wonder how much they have gone back and forth on this concept.

The UK ride is the most surprising of this group by far as you would think we would have seen ground breaking or heard something about it from Disney. You have to wonder how much they have gone back and forth on this concept.

...or how complex the idea is. If it’s “just” a carousel (as was thrown out there a while back), then that seems like it could go in rather quickly.

...or how complex the idea is. If it’s “just” a carousel (as was thrown out there a while back), then that seems like it could go in rather quickly.
And while we've come to expect huge rides and attractions, I feel "just" a carousel would be great in UK. Kids and parents would love it. It is just something for kids to do on that LONG, HOT and BORING walk around the lake.

And while we've come to expect huge rides and attractions, I feel "just" a carousel would be great in UK. Kids and parents would love it. It is just something for kids to do on that LONG, HOT and BORING walk around the lake.

I agree. I’d love a bigger attraction, but I recognize the need for attractions for littles. Though a dark ride (in AC) would be really nice...

I agree. I’d love a bigger attraction, but I recognize the need for attractions for littles. Though a dark ride (in AC) would be really nice...

Could they convert the space that has been used in the past for the Pooh and Tigger meet to a small attraction? Or maybe even for the queue or something?

I actually think we need more outside attractions - just for the visuals as motion fill sup space and brings energy and makes the lands feel more alive (which I feel gets lost when the focus is on indoor attractions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter