The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWNT reporting the attraction going into the UK pavilion to be a Mary Poppins flat spinner ride (e.g., Dumbo style)

https://wdwnt.com/2018/09/rumor-mar...e-planned-for-epcots-united-kingdom-pavilion/

Not sure what the ride vehicles would be and not sure why you wouldn't just do a carousel if that type of footprint is what you are going for :confused3
Because it’s not like we have 4 of those , 5 if you count the fact that there are duel dumbo systems
That said was flicks flyers soon to be repurposed as the inside out ride over at DCA more a dumbo style ride or something else cause that’s a thought

Because it’s not like we have 4 of those , 5 if you count the fact that there are duel dumbo systems
That said was flicks flyers soon to be repurposed as the inside out ride over at DCA more a dumbo style ride or something else cause that’s a thought

it's basically a dumbo system - in vehicles attached to a center point that go up and down ... so yeah, something like that except instead of a balloon lifting you it is a kite I guess could work

Oh well, even if not a perfect fit more rides are better than fewer

it's basically a dumbo system - in vehicles attached to a center point that go up and down ... so yeah, something like that except instead of a balloon lifting you it is a kite I guess could work

Oh well, even if not a perfect fit more rides are better than fewer
Usually I’d agree. But a spinner doesn’t fit at all with World Showcase vibe IMO. I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of a carousel, but at least that wouldn’t look ridiculous in that setting. And there’s something to be said for keeping some garden-type spaces in WS as well. Ugh.

Usually I’d agree. But a spinner doesn’t fit at all with World Showcase vibe IMO. I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of a carousel, but at least that wouldn’t look ridiculous in that setting. And there’s something to be said for keeping some garden-type spaces in WS as well. Ugh.
I agree with you. A spinner just would seem very out of place.

yeah, maybe just have my Disney colored glasses on a bit and think they wouldn't spend $ to make something worse and that they have a plan and maybe there will be something unique about it

guess at least I will wait and see the concept art before completely condemning it :D

WDWMagic sources saying that a flat ride is indeed very likely.
o_O all I have seen is the Martin quote that it was one option, I don't take that as a confirmation. Nor have I seen any other insiders back it up. But I may have missed something.

Also, I wouldn't lock into a "dumbo" ride idea either, I do believe a merry-go-round is a possibility...and if themed correctly with some adds to make it similar to the original movie might not be all that bad.

o_O all I have seen is the Martin quote that it was one option, I don't take that as a confirmation. Nor have I seen any other insiders back it up. But I may have missed something.

Also, I wouldn't lock into a "dumbo" ride idea either, I do believe a merry-go-round is a possibility...and if themed correctly with some adds to make it similar to the original movie might not be all that bad.
MansionButler84 did back up Martin.

And I never said it was the option just likely. I do think it is more likely at this point than a dark ride.
You are probably right. As more time passes, and this has not started yet, if it is still for the 50th I can't see this to be anything that large or complicated. Still, I find it hard to believe it isn't something more like a merry-go-round than a simple spinner.

You are probably right. As more time passes, and this has not started yet, if it is still for the 50th I can't see this to be anything that large or complicated. Still, I find it hard to believe it isn't something more like a merry-go-round than a simple spinner.
I also agree that I don’t think it will be a dumbo like spinner but won’t be anything major either. I could very well see a Luigi’s type ride or just a carousel.

I also agree that I don’t think it will be a dumbo like spinner but won’t be anything major either. I could very well see a Luigi’s type ride or just a carousel.
Martin just pinged me to agree with my post that it is not locked, and is still just one option. Plus evidently they still have not locked on Coco or UK yet.......good grief...

Martin just pinged me to agree with my post that it is not locked, and is still just one option. Plus evidently they still have not locked on Coco or UK yet.......good grief...
Everything is always very fluid. Trust me on that one. Things change daily.

Everything is always very fluid. Trust me on that one. Things change daily.
Oh yes, that I truly believe. In fact I am wondering when the perverbial shoe will fall...... sooner or later, all these Epcot rumors have to come to end or fruition...between Brazil, UK ride, Coco overlay, update to SSE, Land update, Seas update, Innoventions and spine. This is a ton of stuff supposed to happen, and my guess would be they want all or most completed by no later than Epcot 40th.... So sooner or later I have to believe we will get some clarity......

Either that or they are running out of ladders :D

I'm wondering if the change from dark ride to smaller flat ride has something to do with the gondola and not wanting to box the IG station in. They technically have room for a dark ride behind the UK pavilion, or at least it appears that way. But, that would butt up to the IG gondola station. I'm wondering if they don't want to do that for some reason.

Personally, I wish they'd just bite the bullet and do a ride in the UK and a Coco overlay. Help spread the crowds.

I'm wondering if the change from dark ride to smaller flat ride has something to do with the gondola and not wanting to box the IG station in. They technically have room for a dark ride behind the UK pavilion, or at least it appears that way. But, that would butt up to the IG gondola station. I'm wondering if they don't want to do that for some reason.

Personally, I wish they'd just bite the bullet and do a ride in the UK and a Coco overlay. Help spread the crowds.
I am also wondering if dialing down UK allows money for Coco. When Martin stated either or, that was when leading plan was a minor dark ride in UK. I could live with a smaller ride in UK if we get Coco as well.

I also wish we would get some confirmation on Brazil. Another pavilion would be a huge help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!