The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

Mile High Club. :lmao:

That was the second time i had ordered that sandwich last year and that connotation didnt even dawn on me until you two started laughing at me! :rotfl2:

Sounds like another trip for the books. Great read as always.

Thanks!

Sooooo excited for your bday weekend! :woohoo: We always seem to have a total blast!

Which is why i dont end up writing very good TRs about our weekends. Too blurry! :lmao:

I like Blaze Pizza. I have them cook mine a few extra minutes, just a few to soften up the onions. The first time I tried it was in Utah. I think have them here as well. #WeLiveHereNow

I still have yet to find a place with really good pizza. I have a serviceable place, but nothing spectacular.

Haven’t read a word. (But will!)

Thought I’d share this with you.

View attachment 309730

Mmmm... good!
Everyone liked it. And we were all surprised it wasn’t hot (as in spicy.)

Kay: “I’d have it again.”
Ruby: “I’ll let you know after tomorrow.”

:rolleyes1

Wow! I just now understood Ruby's comment. So did she like it? :laughing:

I'm glad you and Kay enjoyed it!

Nope! Just 2 miles from the beach which I will avoid until the snow birds go away as I hate most of them! Just like I avoid most 'nice' restaurants at the moment to avoid them as well. I'm perfectly happy with my Fast Casual places like Hibachi of Japan, Moe's, Panera or my low brow places like Miller's Ale House, Pizza Places, or just doing delivery if I don't feel like cooking (which let's be honest, if I'm working that day - I don't want to cook).

All the snow birds here are out in the desert. I'm glad I don't work otherwise I'd never cook. Right now i have the bone from Friday night's ham simmering to make broth for the bean soup we make with a ham bone. Its cold and rainy here so soup and garlic knots are in the menu for dinner tonight.

I hear you on vet bills. I"m about to have a lot more vet bills since we're 8 days away from bringing Gantu home. Time for lots of vet visits + training costs! He won't get fixed until February 2019 so at least I got that waiting for me.

Love the name! We paid for all the kittens up front. Our vet has a kitten/puppy plan. It includes all their shots, fecal exam, spay/neuter and a bag of food. It ran us $350 per kitten, which was a hefty sum.

I'm caught up completely! So happy I made it over to your TR before it completely wrapped :goodvibes And I'll be sure to be on board from the start of your next one. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures - but yikes, your TR title was NOT an exaggeration! :faint: Looking forward to the bonus rounds :thumbsup2

PS - hope all the kitties are doing well :goodvibes

Wow! I cant believe you got through the TR so quickly! I'm almost ready for the next bonus feature.

There seems to be a cough going around the house. Two of them are on medication, hopefully the rest recover on their own.

Could be. Now I don't remember who it was.
actually... wasn't it Liesa? I know Smidgy made that too (don't know if you know her. Nebo's DW. I've mentioned him before.

Liesa said it was her, but for some odd reason, I'm not seeing her posts on FB anymore.

OK i just scrolled all the way until FB stopped and didnt see one post from Liesa. So i found her page and now i know why i didn't recognize her photo with Corned Beef and Cabbage, there was too much green nonsense on her plate! :lmao: @Steppesister what's with the peas and spinach? Cabbage not a good enough veggie?

A pot just for that! Huh!

Well since it has a strainer inside, I've also used it when I need to cook a crap ton of pasta.

The 28th.... I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Well now I have it planned all the way through April 1st.

But it's soooooo good!

Yes it is. We'll be having some tomorrow.

Glad to hear that!

Well now Amelia is having somewhat of a relapse. Another X-ray today, and more meds. :sad2: And now she has a collapsed lung.

Well, considering Monday is over now... any news?

Well, it didn't quite go down Monday, but the tenant has been approved. Hopefully everything will be resolved Monday. Then I can concentrate on the one on 1st street.

Looks nice! I'd rent it.

It is very nice. Unfortunately Fran went over there and now she wants to fix more things before we put it up on the market. She always sees things i don't.

That sounds cool! Let me know how it was.

Our day is a week from today. There are still times open on the Tuesday you're in town. Evidently this is the last time it will leave Egypt because they are building a permanent location to exhibit the collection.

::yes:: That'll do it.

Just not very quickly.

:sad2: Stop that! Go to bed!

That's better. Glad you listened to me.

::yes::

Well no. They probably didn't know what to do since we had booked the third seat under their "person of size" policy.

Oh no!!!! The horror!!!!!!!!

;)

#FirstWorldProblems

I'm surprised they could accept.

As long as it's not alcohol they can take it. I give stuff to the staff at the VGC all the time, they eat it up like nobody's business. The Valets tell me stuff like food disappears like magic backstage.

Maybe it was buried on site.

We'll never know.

Don't blame you one bit.

Ya think?

Never even heard of it. Huh.

I've heard folks on the DIS write it up in their reports.

Looks like a pretty good selection of ingredients.

There was a ton of stuff to choose from!

Certainly looks good

It wasn't bad at all, just not super delicious. I still haven't found a place that rivals http://cicerospizza.com

Hmmm... so... given the same time frame... If you only had meats on it (not that I'd want that), it would be okay?

I'm not sure. I also like a pizza where the pepperoni has a little bit of crispyness on the edges, almost burnt, but not quite.

I hate when they do that.
"Okay. Then I'll just take the one that's on the mannequin."
"I'm sorry, we can't do that."

That's actually happened to Ruby.

I've never had that situation as I am not Mannequin sized. They don't make plus size mannequins.

This must be remedied.

But then i wouldn't have a dress to wear! :laughing:

::yes:: Looking forward to seeing you in your new dress! :goodvibes

Looking forward to wearing it! (And hopefully not ruining it by spilling cheese or other food all down the front.)

That looks familiar...

She does like her cinnamon rolls.

I don't blame you! Looks really good!

It was really good!

The one and only time you hope the bus will be late... and never is.

Well i don't want it to be late cause I don't want to miss my plane!

Huh. Perceptive of her.

No. I'm a pretty obvious worry wort.

Probably the latter! At least it is for me.

I just think aboutseeing the kitties and that makes me happy to go home.

That's a possibility?

That's the point of the person of size policy. If the flight isn't full than spreading out in two seats is no problem and they give you your money back, but if the plane is full, then they don't lose the money because you want to be comfortable.

Nice of him. :)

He's a very sweet guy. I would marry him if he wasn't gay!

And thanks for writing it! :goodvibes

You're welcome. And thanks for reading and following along!

Liesa said it was her, but for some odd reason, I'm not seeing her posts on FB anymore.

OK i just scrolled all the way until FB stopped and didnt see one post from Liesa. So i found her page and now i know why i didn't recognize her photo with Corned Beef and Cabbage, there was too much green nonsense on her plate! :lmao: @Steppesister what's with the peas and spinach? Cabbage not a good enough veggie?
So, I was POSITIVE I had cabbage and was looking forward to that. Got home from work and.... nope. So... subbed in what I had on hand. :) So no, not what is normally served up here.

Blaze Pizza!!! popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: glad you gave it a try. I’ve gotten the same pizza every time, with artichokes, so never realized about the fresh veggies. They also have a pesto/garlic sauce that goes under the cheese and makes the crust divine!

That's a probkem I have. I get in a rut at certain places and always order the same things.

How annoying about the scooter people. Glad they didn’t give you a hard time when they made the error.

If we need to rent again I hope she goes with a different place.

Sorry Fran was grumpy. Sometimes I get myself in a last day funk and its so hard to pull out of.

Unless it's a short trip, like my weekends at the Grand, by the end I'm usually looking forward to getting home to the kitties. I miss them snuggling with me in bed in the morning.

The apartment looks lovely, I’d certainly rent it as well. To be that close to the beach would be heavenly.

Its a great location, but sometimes when we have the marine layer fog rolls in over the bluff and it's eerie and cold.

Glad the kitties are doing good.

Well i spoke too soon. We took Amelia back to the Super Vet for a check up and she had started coughing again. Turns out she has a collapsed lung, so she's back on steroids and antibiotics.

I hope Fran starts feeling better soon.

Her cough is getting better, but today she said she felt weird.

Cute Minnie dress! I love the Christmas one, I never saw that.

I have all these cute dresses and nowhere to wear them!

What a pain about the computer problems. Glad you’re able to retrieve your files. I have one of those external hard drives that I back up everything. Is Carbonite a cloud type place?

Yeah, it backs up all your files constantly.

I’m sorry, I keep forgetting about the wine pictures. Well, I pass the wine and remember, and somehow forget, or get distracted by the cheese section... Next time I go I’ll take pictures.

Deal.

Oh, what a pain.

At least you got a computer again.

Well if we didn't have one sitting around, there would have been a trip to Costco or somewhere else that sells computers, that morning!

I hate that part of the process. When I got this computer, the process of transferring files over took nearly a week.

Its been 10 days and still going. o_O

I am glad that everybody is recovering.

And Amelia has a collapsed lung now.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks. It seems to be working out, but complicatedly.

Is this one of the apartments you used to live in?

No, this is the front unit where her parents used to live.

These plans sound amazing.

It should be fun. The king tut exhibit will still be running when you visit.

I am glad that progress is being made.

Slowly....

That dress is beautiful. It is strange that they had this on display if they did not have it in stock. I do like the one you got, too.

I know. Whats up with that?

Oh no about Amelia :( does the vet say how long it will take to recover?

You can wear all those cute dresses on the cruise :)

huh. odd.

OK i just scrolled all the way until FB stopped and didnt see one post from Liesa. So i found her page and now i know why i didn't recognize her photo with Corned Beef and Cabbage, there was too much green nonsense on her plate!

:laughing:

Well since it has a strainer inside, I've also used it when I need to cook a crap ton of pasta.

Ah! So not a one trick pony.

Well now I have it planned all the way through April 1st.

The only thing I have planned up to there is to hopefully still be breathing.

Well now Amelia is having somewhat of a relapse. Another X-ray today, and more meds. :sad2: And now she has a collapsed lung.

Oh, no! How did that happen??

Well, it didn't quite go down Monday, but the tenant has been approved. Hopefully everything will be resolved Monday. Then I can concentrate on the one on 1st street.

Looking good, though?

It is very nice. Unfortunately Fran went over there and now she wants to fix more things before we put it up on the market. She always sees things i don't.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Our day is a week from today. There are still times open on the Tuesday you're in town. Evidently this is the last time it will leave Egypt because they are building a permanent location to exhibit the collection.

Hmmmm....

Well no. They probably didn't know what to do since we had booked the third seat under their "person of size" policy.

Ah

As long as it's not alcohol they can take it.

Had no idea. Huh!

I give stuff to the staff at the VGC all the time, they eat it up like nobody's business. The Valets tell me stuff like food disappears like magic backstage.

It's more Disney magic!

It wasn't bad at all, just not super delicious. I still haven't found a place that rivals http://cicerospizza.com

Well... poop. That'd be a bit of drive for me on Tuesday.

I've never had that situation as I am not Mannequin sized. They don't make plus size mannequins.

They should fix that. :(

But then i wouldn't have a dress to wear! :laughing:

Okay, let's remedy that first!

Looking forward to wearing it! (And hopefully not ruining it by spilling cheese or other food all down the front.)

:rolleyes1

Well i don't want it to be late cause I don't want to miss my plane!

pfffttt... You get there with about two and a half hours to spare. It can be a little late.

I just think aboutseeing the kitties and that makes me happy to go home.

:goodvibes

That's the point of the person of size policy. If the flight isn't full than spreading out in two seats is no problem and they give you your money back, but if the plane is full, then they don't lose the money because you want to be comfortable.

Had no idea that's how it worked. Huh!

He's a very sweet guy. I would marry him if he wasn't gay!

Fran okay with this plan?

Alison - I am a witness to that. Tell Fran that she NEEDS to take it slow, really slow. This cough is not something to play with. Mine is nearly gone - but now Tom has caught it and it is NASTY!!!

Yes, would work perfectly with the 9.30 breakfast. Are you joining us, Pamela - YEAH! excited!!!!!!!!

Alison - let me know what else you need - we will be shopping anyway (maybe even together with you Pamela!)

I may need some Diet Dr Pepper if I haven't kicked my habit by then! LOL

Jill in CO

OMG @jedijill , I forgot your Diet Dr. Pepper. :lmao:

Alison, where do you usually get your pizza? I remember you found a decent place that delivers.

Amelia. :hug:

Oh brother. Just what you needed, another expense!

Well at least it was already a sunken cost. We'd paid for that laptop before Thanksgiving.

Sorry to hear that. Hope she's continued to improve.

She is feeling much better.

Excellent! Should be a blast!

Definitely! Its so much more fun staying out there with DIS friends!

What a nice idea!

Bell guys love that kind of stuff!

Now why would you say that? :sad2:

:lmao:

I can see where that might be an issue. Hopefully the meat wasn't raw too! :scared1:

I ordered pepperoni and bacon which are normally precooked. Now I'm wondering about the sausage and ground beef. Those usually go on a pizza raw and cook in the oven. At least thats how i make my pizza!

That had to be really frustrating.

I know it would be the latter for me!

I try to keep my crabbiness in check. Especially since with DVC I know we'll be back.

Yes, it was me and I put it on Alison's FB feed. I do that dinner every St. Patty's Day if only for the fact that corned beef is on sale for $5.99 a pound or less. I should by 5 of them but don't have the freezer room anymore.

$5.99 per pound!!!! :eek: My point cut was $1.99 per lb and flat cuts were only $3.99. I bought a second one for later.

Oh brother! Just NOT what you needed! UGH!

And the fikes are still copying!

WOW!! That was super nice of her!

Well it was either that or jump out of bed and go buy me one.

I'm SO glad she's finally getting over that and starting to feel better.

Me too. Believe me.

I did that in San Diego years ago and LOVED it. Very worthwhile.

We saw it in Chicago in 2007. It was in LA the year before but her parents were ill and we were in and out of hospitals and SNFs, we could never take the time to go see it. This one is supposed to be even more comprehensive than that one.

Much better. 4:30 is just not ok.

Unless you are catching a plane!

Yes, I think I'd have trust issues with the scooters as well after all that.

YUM! Love Blaze!

Huh. Maybe I'll give them another try and ask them to cook it a little longer.

Thanks! I only git to wear it once last year. I hopewe get out more this year!

OH oh, Grumpy Traveler Alert! Bwoop bwooop!!

:rotfl2:

And I never even thought of it that way. Surprising that my mind wasn't in the gutter for once!

So, I was POSITIVE I had cabbage and was looking forward to that. Got home from work and.... nope. So... subbed in what I had on hand. :) So no, not what is normally served up here.

For me, no cabbage would cause me to run to the store, but then again, something tells me that the store is closer to my house than it is to yours.

She did like it. ;)
And Elle had some later and liked it too. :)

Good.

I just bought four packages of Suki's at Costco

I hope so, too! :goodvibes

Fingers crossed.

Oh no about Amelia :( does the vet say how long it will take to recover?

She has a follow up in 2 weeks, but already she sounds less wheeezy.

You can wear all those cute dresses on the cruise :)

Some of them will definitely be packed!

I may need some Diet Dr Pepper if I haven't kicked my habit by then! LOL

Jill in CO

I’ll be happy to pick up some for you. I have tried kicking my diet dew habit at least 4 times, I have gotten months in and realize its not worth it. I also have a problem :laughing:

I’ll be happy to pick up some for you. I have tried kicking my diet dew habit at least 4 times, I have gotten months in and realize its not worth it. I also have a problem :laughing:

I kicked my Diet Coke habit on my Med cruise in 2010 since I HATE Coca Cola Light. I was doing so well up until a couple of years ago. Oh well, there are worse vices to have.

Jill in CO

Ah! So not a one trick pony.

It's a pot. I'm sure you could use it for many different meals. I'm just not that creative.

The only thing I have planned up to there is to hopefully still be breathing.

But you have plans for two weeks after there. :confused3

Oh, no! How did that happen??

No idea.

Looking good, though?

It's an odd situation. Joping allis resolved by Friday.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Well it means I can't necessarily put the sign up and start showing it, but one of the fixes will bring the shower up to code. It's an old house and still has two knobs, one each for hot and cold water.

Had no idea. Huh!

Sometimes we even bake brownies just to bring out to the valets and Bell guys at the Grand.

It's more Disney magic!

pixiedust:

Well... poop. That'd be a bit of drive for me on Tuesday.

Yeah better to go to Lucille's. There's one near Disneyland too.

They should fix that. :(

Nobody wants to look at fat Mannequins!

Okay, let's remedy that first!

First we need money.....

pfffttt... You get there with about two and a half hours to spare. It can be a little late.

I don't get there with two and a half hours to spare. I'm glad we signed up for PreCheck though, that helps, a lot.

Had no idea that's how it worked. Huh!

At least that's how it works in theory.

Fran okay with this plan?

:lmao:

Oh no, I hope the pour little thing feels better soon.

She's breathing a little better now, but she really hates her medicine.

Interesting. This may be something worth considering. I wonder if it is the same exhibition we had in Manchester about 3 or 4 years ago.

No, this one is the largest exhibition they've let out of Egypt ever. The previous ones had around 60 items on display. This one has 150. I saw an interview with someone in charge of it on one of my news programs.

Oops Spelled it wrong. And wow! That picture is large! I need to figure out what the settings I used on my old computer were to resize things....

x18DL0327CTM01.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter