The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

I may need some Diet Dr Pepper if I haven't kicked my habit by then! LOL

Jill in CO

OMG @jedijill , I forgot your Diet Dr. Pepper. :lmao:

Hi, my name is Jill and I have a problem. ;)

Jill in CO

I’ll be happy to pick up some for you. I have tried kicking my diet dew habit at least 4 times, I have gotten months in and realize its not worth it. I also have a problem :laughing:

I kicked my Diet Coke habit on my Med cruise in 2010 since I HATE Coca Cola Light. I was doing so well up until a couple of years ago. Oh well, there are worse vices to have.

Jill in CO

That is very true.

Are you addicts having fun? :lmao: :rotfl2:

Alison, where do you usually get your pizza? I remember you found a decent place that delivers.

Now you know....

:grouphug:

More Halloween Treats around Disneyland and DCA

When we last left off (back on the other TR), we had just spent several very fun days with Pam and her mom enjoying the special Halloween treats that they were serving at various locations around Disneyland. About a week later we went back for some sort of merchandise and decided to try some more.

As we made our way to our first treat we saw Mader all dressed up in his Holiday Costume.

x17DL1005HW01.JPG

Our first treat today was a Spoke -Y-Cone Macaron, this was also really really sweet. Fran had to finish it.

x17DL1005HW02.JPG

x17DL1005HW03.JPG

Stanley was all dressed up too!

x17DL1005HW04.JPG

Not sure what else we did that day because I don’t have any more pictures!

About a week later I convinced Fran to go back and have lunch at the Hungry Bear.

x17DL1005HW05.JPG

They didn’t have the funnel cake, but we split the burger, Bison Blue Cheese Burger with Candied Bacon, Sauteed Mushrooms, (we asked them to leave off the Kale), and Blue Cheese Tarragon Sauce on a Whole Wheat Cibatta served with French Fries.

x17DL1005HW06.JPG

It was very good!

x17DL1005HW07.JPG

And we ate our lunch overlooking the Rivers of America.

x17DL1005HW08.JPG

Since they were out of the funnel cake, I had a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich for dessert.

x17DL1005HW09.JPG

About a week later we decided to go out for a little dinner and decided to split the special soup in a bread bowl, and a couple Margaritas!

x17DL1005HW10.JPG

x17DL1005HW11.JPG

Having saved enough room, we headed over to Clarabelle’s for some sweet Holiday Treats.

x17DL1005HW12.JPG

The Spider Silk Ice Cream Sandwich turned our mouths black. Epic fail that I did not get a picture of our black tongues! Black Macaron with Charcoal-Tart Cherry Spun Ice Cream topped with Popping Candy and drops of Raspberry Sauce.

x17DL1005HW13.JPG

I did not think that I was going to like the Bat Wing Raspberry Sundae - White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream with Raspberry Splatter. Blood Red Sprinkles, whipped Cream and Bat Wing Cookies, but this was even more delicious than the Macaron!

x17DL1005HW14.JPG

We couldn’t finish both of these, we were just too full.

Now folks who have known us a while know that we play in a Community band, and that we play out at Disneyland once a year. And if you were following the real life updates on the last TR you know about what happened to the scooter last year when we were playing at DCA. If you didn't see that, here is a link to the page where I wrote about it. It’s post #685.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/t...sept-17-the-end.3591967/page-35#post-58308747

So this part of the update picks up after we got things squared away enough to take a little time for us. After the concert and all the drama with the scooter, we were all ready for a drink. And for me that meant a REAL drink, not just a glass of wine or something.

After we parked amd such we headed into DCA towards Carthay. They were serving a special Appletini with a spooky glow cube so I got one of those.

x17DL1008HW01.JPG

We also got an order of chips and queso, love this!

x17DL1008HW02.JPG

This was an order of tacos from the kids menu. They were good, but the adult ones are better.

x17DL1008HW03.JPG

And then we got the kids hot dogs in puff pastry. These things disappear like magic!

x17DL1008HW04.JPG

We rode a few rides, like Guardians and Space Mountain, but I can’t seem to get my pictures to show up in the photopass account. We also went to Clarabelle’s for some ice cream

Then we packed up the car to go home.

x17DL1008HW05.JPG

And another shot of our jury rigged scooter lift.

x17DL1008HW06.JPG

When we last left off (back on the other TR),

Do you need to pay extra for TR hoppers?

:laughing: I really like that!

Creative. I'll give 'em that.

About a week later I convinced Fran to go back and have lunch at the Hungry Bear.

Huh. Never heard of it.

Bison Blue Cheese Burger with Candied Bacon, Sauteed Mushrooms, (we asked them to leave off the Kale), and Blue Cheese Tarragon Sauce on a Whole Wheat Cibatta served with French Fries.

Whoa. That sounds good. Glad you liked it.

Smiles all around!

Since they were out of the funnel cake, I had a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich for dessert.

Yum! That'd actually be my preference.

How was the soup?

The Spider Silk Ice Cream Sandwich turned our mouths black. Epic fail that I did not get a picture of our black tongues!

:laughing: Too bad! That'd be a good pic. :)

I did not think that I was going to like the Bat Wing Raspberry Sundae - White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Ice Cream with Raspberry Splatter. Blood Red Sprinkles, whipped Cream and Bat Wing Cookies, but this was even more delicious than the Macaron!

Interesting. It doesn't look appetizing.

And if you were following the real life updates on the last TR you know about what happened to the scooter last year when we were playing at DCA.

::yes::

And for me that meant a REAL drink, not just a glass of wine or something.

Wine is not a real drink?

We also got an order of chips and queso, love this!

And then we got the kids hot dogs in puff pastry. These things disappear like magic!

Especially if you have a certain teen girl along with you.

:rolleyes1

Expert level Tetris

Oooh, I know what I'm doing when I visit in October....I'm trying ALL the Halloween treats!

Jill in CO

No, this one is the largest exhibition they've let out of Egypt ever. The previous ones had around 60 items on display. This one has 150. I saw an interview with someone in charge of it on one of my news programs.

The one we had was already mind-blowing, but this sounds out of this world amazing.

As we made our way to our first treat we saw Mader all dressed up in his Holiday Costume.

x17DL1005HW01.JPG

Wow, that is too cute for words. Up to now, California Adventure did not really get into the Halloween spirit. Now I really want to come back during the Halloween season.

Our first treat today was a Spoke -Y-Cone Macaron, this was also really really sweet. Fran had to finish it.

Just reading the description brings me at the brink of a sugar coma.

About a week later we decided to go out for a little dinner and decided to split the special soup in a bread bowl, and a couple Margaritas!

x17DL1005HW10.JPG

That to me sounds like the perfect meal combination.

The Spider Silk Ice Cream Sandwich turned our mouths black. Epic fail that I did not get a picture of our black tongues! Black Macaron with Charcoal-Tart Cherry Spun Ice Cream topped with Popping Candy and drops of Raspberry Sauce.

Oh, that looks good, too.

After we parked amd such we headed into DCA towards Carthay. They were serving a special Appletini with a spooky glow cube so I got one of those.

I love a good Appletini.

Corinna

All those Halloween yummies were such fun. I loved the Cone macaron, it was fabulous with the candy corns inside popcorn::

That funnel cake sounds divine, wow! Too bad they were out.

I have thought of that queso many times popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

Are you addicts having fun? :lmao: :rotfl2:

:lmao:

They didn’t have the funnel cake, but we split the burger, Bison Blue Cheese Burger with Candied Bacon, Sauteed Mushrooms, (we asked them to leave off the Kale), and Blue Cheese Tarragon Sauce on a Whole Wheat Cibatta served with French Fries.

That sounds amazing!!! But, well, I kinda enjoy kale- woulda kept that on. ;)

And we ate our lunch overlooking the Rivers of America.

GREAT view!

THat is so super cute!

special Appletini

Mmmmm!!!!!

We also got an order of chips and queso

I remember that chips and queso--- yum!

Hiya Alison, home sick from work = catching up on my favourite trip reports ! Those dresses are so nice, I think I need a new Disney dress, def going to be looking. I’ve enjoyed seeing the end of the scooter adventure story, and the Halloween treats all look so yummy! That sandwich was Very black! That soup looked yummy as well, I m def looking forward to a yummy bread bowl soup next month!
Hopefully you will have a chance to come by one of the days we are there still :)
I can’t wait for the next TR but enjoy following your “in between” updates also!

:lmao: You are surrounded by lunatics!

I am! :rotfl2:

Do you need to pay extra for TR hoppers?

There's a special for So Cal residents. Must reside in zip codes 90000-93500.

:laughing: I really like that!

It was the 1st year that DCA got in on the holiday fun.

Creative. I'll give 'em that.

There were some other really creative ones i never got to try.

Huh. Never heard of it.

It's way back in Critter Country near Spalsh Mountain.

Whoa. That sounds good. Glad you liked it.

It was pretty good!

Yum! That'd actually be my preference.

I like a good funnel cake when you can find one.

How was the soup?

Very tasty!

:laughing: Too bad! That'd be a good pic. :)

Next time! :laughing:

Interesting. It doesn't look appetizing.

It was very tasty!

Wine is not a real drink?

When you want a drink. No, its just an adult beverage. I wanted something with a kick!

Expert level Tetris

Oooh, I know what I'm doing when I visit in October....I'm trying ALL the Halloween treats!

Jill in CO

I just booked the night of your first night and waitlisted the other three!

The one we had was already mind-blowing, but this sounds out of this world amazing.

It was overwhelming! We are planning to go back again. There was just too much to take in for one visit. Plus going in the first week it was super crowded.

Wow, that is too cute for words. Up to now, California Adventure did not really get into the Halloween spirit. Now I really want to come back during the Halloween season.

This was the first year it was decorated for Halloween and I thought it was great!

Just reading the description brings me at the brink of a sugar coma.

It was very very sweet!

That to me sounds like the perfect meal combination.

It was perfect. :goodvibes

Oh, that looks good, too.

I didn'treally want it at first, but was glad we ordered it!

I love a good Appletini.

Its now become one of my favorite drinks too!

All those Halloween yummies were such fun. I loved the Cone macaron, it was fabulous with the candy corns inside popcorn::

That funnel cake sounds divine, wow! Too bad they were out.

I'm glad you could eat it. The sugar content nearly killed me!

I have thought of that queso many times popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn::

It was nice that he made you one without all the extra goo.

That sounds amazing!!! But, well, I kinda enjoy kale- woulda kept that on. ;)

It's way too bitter for me. For me it's strictly a garnish!

GREAT view!

Fun to watch the Mark Twain cruise by.

THat is so super cute!

:goodvibes

Mmmmm!!!!!

I remember that chips and queso--- yum!

We may even enjoy some today!

Wait, I have to follow chapters between TR's now?? :faint:

No, not any more. But the bonus features used to be on the previous TR. Since I wrapped this one up a few weeks ago, the bonus features are on this one now.

Candy corn? I'm out. :crazy2:

Not a fan, huh?

This, however, sounds wonderful!

It was really tasty!

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Blech!

:laughing:

Hiya Alison, home sick from work = catching up on my favourite trip reports !

Hope you're feeling better!

Those dresses are so nice, I think I need a new Disney dress, def going to be looking.

There are some really cute ones.

I’ve enjoyed seeing the end of the scooter adventure story, and the Halloween treats all look so yummy! That sandwich was Very black! That soup looked yummy as well, I m def looking forward to a yummy bread bowl soup next month!

Did you know you can order the bread on the side? That way you can take it home or back to the room and it doesn't get soggy.

Hopefully you will have a chance to come by one of the days we are there still :)

I hope so too! What are your dates again?

I can’t wait for the next TR but enjoy following your “in between” updates also!

I got a ton of them!

OK, so I know that I still owe replies on about five different threads, but when the opportunity to post on my own thread arises, I take it, and I had just such an opportunity this afternoon so here goes! I’ll be visiting your threads throughout the weekend (hopefully).

If you remember from the last update, my parents were coming for a visit. We had a brutal few days of cleaning the house in preparation for their arrival. Once they arrived we had a busy night and a day before we spent the rest of the weekend relaxing. You’ll hear all about the busy night and day when I get to it in the the upcoming bonus features, but for now it’s time for IRL news.

For me the biggest news went down while my parents were visiting. One day while we were just kickin it at the house, my mom says to me, “Alison, I think Amelia has balls.” I was skeptical at first, but on closer examination, sure enough she was a he. My mom is a graduate of the clairvoyant program at the Berkeley Psychic Institute, and when she visits, she fancies herself as a cat whisperer and often tells me about what some of the cats are thinking. This came in handy when trying to come up with a new masculine name for the cat. The obvious choice was Emilio, or even Emile, but then again I didn't want to name him after a rat who had no sense of a palate. Mom said he didn't like either of those names, or half a dozen others that we came up with.

It was the next morning when I thought about Berlioz, one of the kittens from the Aristocats, and Mom said he was OK with that name. I guess all the doctors were so concerned with his lungs that no one ever bothered to look at his privates! He's still recovering from the pneumonia and collapsed lung, he gets two types of inhalers twice per day and a steroid once a day. He'll probably have to go back for a follow up in another week or two.

The other big news is that the unit on 1st street rented. It was almost within an hour of listing the place on Zillow. Friday afternoon we put the sign out front, Saturday morning I made the ad live on Zillow. I got a call within 15 minutes of listing and the people made an appointment to see it in a little over an hour. They were ready to give us the money right then and there, but it ended up taking another four days to do the proper paperwork and get it all rented. The only major thing left is to clear out the other apartment.

There has been one other major change and that relates to our trip this summer. We are still going on the cruise and we are flying in a couple days early, but we had to cut the stay in the Grand Villa following the cruise. It turns out that the weekend we had planned to stay in the Grand Villa was the same weekend that John Williams will be performing at the Hollywood Bowl back at home. Fran was ready to cut the entire trip in lieu of the performance at the Bowl. I convinced her that we could fly back the Saturday following the cruise and go to the Sunday night performance at the bowl. I'm very sad because I had quite a few DisMeets set up for this weekend, but when you're married, sometimes you have to compromise. At least we still get to go on the cruise and attend MNSSHP. And we'll get to see John Williams at the Bowl as we have for many years now.

Remember a while back my computer died? Well thanks to Carbonite I have all my data back on my new computer. It’s not nearly as fast as the old one, but at least I have a computer! Maybe when the finances turn around I’ll get a new faster one. The whole data restoring process on this new computer took three weeks to complete! And now my updated files are finally restored in the cloud, it was almost 100,000 files (98,062 to be exact. 447 GB of data) Mostly pictures and old videos of the band, but it’s all there!

I just spent a fabulous weekend at Disney and some DIS friends came into town, we hung out at various locations culminating with a day at the DL parks, but that will also be for a later update. In about a week, I’ll be back at DL for an early celebration of my birthday. It falls on a Tuesday this year which means I don’t really get to celebrate it since I have to go to band that night. Instead I’ll celebrate early on Saturday with some good friends, some good wine and good food!

I think that’s all the news for now, so back to the Bonus Features.

This update takes us all the way back to November and the Festival of Holidays at DCA. Disney is really getting their mileage out of these booths that they built for the Food & Wine Festival. So far there are three different festivals each year that they bring them out now. I’m not at all complaining, I think it’s great for Disney to entice me with all kinds of yummy food offerings, I just need more time in my busy schedule to get out there and take advantage of all they have to offer.

Our first booth of this particular November evening was Chips, Breads, and Holiday Spreads.

x17DL1120FH01.jpg

And Right next door was Making Spirits Bright

x17DL1120FH02.jpg

x17DL1120FH03.jpg

We started off with the Chorizo Queso Fundido, this was a definite winner!

x17DL1120FH04.jpg

I also ordered the White Wine Flight which had Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Fess Parker Chardonnay, and Bartenura Moscato. All three were tasty, I preferred the Sav Blanc while Fran liked the Moscato.

x17DL1120FH05.jpg

We also got the White Chocolate Dipped Lingonberry Speculoos Cookie. It was good, but not the star of the festival.

x17DL1120FH06.jpg

Next up was the Joy to the Sauce Booth.

x17DL1120FH07.jpg

x17DL1120FH08.jpg

x17DL1120FH09.jpg

Here we got the Beef Short Rib, it was tender. I didn’t care for the Cranberry sauce with the Beef, not my thing, but we ate it all. Wouldn’t want it to go to waste!

x17DL1120FH10.jpg

These were the clear winners of the Festival, the Sticky Toffee Pudding and the Holiday Egg Nog Cocktail. The Sticky Toffee Pudding was so darned good! I really wished that I had ordered more of these!

x17DL1120FH11.jpg

It appears that we also got a glass of the Rodney Strong Pinot Noir as well.

x17DL1120FH12.jpg

Then we moved on to Blissfully Braised.

x17DL1120FH13.jpg

x17DL1120FH14.jpg

The only thing that appealed to us here was the Braised Pork Belly Adobo, it was really good, but sadly we were starting to get full.

x17DL1120FH15.jpg

So we headed to our last booth of the evening (and as it would turn out, the entire festival for us) for some dessert. From A Twist on Tradition we ordered the Chocolate Yule Log.

x17DL1120FH16.jpg

x17DL1120FH17.jpg

x17DL1120FH18.jpg

While we did make it back to Disney several more times over the Holiday Season, this would be our only opportunity to visit the Holiday kiosks.

Just a few days later, my parents came to visit over the Thanksgiving Holiday and we decided to spend one of our evenings dining at Steakhouse 55. We requested the Chef’s table and unfortunately I forgot to send a list of my likes and dislikes, so there was a clear “miss” on the evening, but I’ll get to that later. This year the Disneyland Hotel got in the on the Gingerbread action with this.

x17DL1125S5501.jpg

We started off with the delicious bread that they serve at S55

x17DL1125S5502.jpg

Here was our “miss” of the evening. We were served Pumpkin Soup (not my favorite) and the foam on top was a coconut foam. Both my Mom and I couldn’t get that icky foam out of our bowls fast enough! I won’t forget in the future when doing the chef’s table to always submit my list of likes and dislikes!

x17DL1125S5503.jpg

This was a lobster salad with citrus foam dressing, it was kind of neat and the dressing itself was tasty. The lobster was very tender.

x17DL1125S5504.jpg

We were served some fancy pants water. Usually we just go with tap water, not sure why we ended up with this.

x17DL1125S5505.jpg

Palate cleanser. Not sure what flavor this was I can’t remember.

x17DL1125S5506.jpg

This is a bone in Filet Mignon. Not something you often see on a menu. The piece of meat was HUGE and no one was able to finish it off. We ended up taking home a pretty big doggy bag of this and used the leftovers to make Beef Stroganoff for dinner the following night.

x17DL1125S5507.jpg

One of the reasons that no one finished the steaks was that Chef Marcel knows that a Souffle is one of my favorite desserts and earlier in the meal we had placed our orders for either Chocolate or Grand Marnier Souffles. I, of course, went with the Grand Marnier! So yummy! And so food coma inducing!

x17DL1125S5508.jpg

And that wraps up my November visits to the Disneyland Resort!

One day while we were just kickin it at the house, my mom says to me, “Alison, I think Amelia has balls.”

Wow, I did not see this one coming.

The other big news is that the unit on 1st street rented.

This is great news.

I'm very sad because I had quite a few DisMeets set up for this weekend, but when you're married, sometimes you have to compromise. At least we still get to go on the cruise and attend MNSSHP. And we'll get to see John Williams at the Bowl as we have for many years now.

What a shame that you are missing out on the DisMeets, but at least you still have most of the trip to look forward to.

We started off with the Chorizo Queso Fundido, this was a definite winner!

x17DL1120FH04.jpg

This looks delicious.

I also ordered the White Wine Flight which had Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc, Fess Parker Chardonnay, and Bartenura Moscato. All three were tasty, I preferred the Sav Blanc while Fran liked the Moscato.

I would have enjoyed this. I developed a taste for the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc on our cruise last year and I have always loved Moscato.

This year the Disneyland Hotel got in the on the Gingerbread action with this.

x17DL1125S5501.jpg

Was it actually gingerbread last year. This looks exactly the same as the one we saw in 2014 and that was fibreglass.

This is a bone in Filet Mignon. Not something you often see on a menu.

I have never come across this before.

Corinna

I think your mom said nards, not balls. :lmao:

The Festival of the Holidays seems like ages ago and it was just a few months. Great pics!

How surprising about the kitty!

I loooove sticky toffee pudding!

Yay for renting the apartment!

What a lovely dinner! Too bad there were some items you didn't like.

Wow, I did not see this one coming.

Me neither! :lmao:

This is great news.

I was thoroughly relieved for this.

What a shame that you are missing out on the DisMeets, but at least you still have most of the trip to look forward to.

True, and at least Fran is satisfied with the situation.

This looks delicious.

It was. I hope its back next year.

I would have enjoyed this. I developed a taste for the Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc on our cruise last year and I have always loved Moscato.

I've liked wines from Marlborough ever since my trip to New Zealand.

Was it actually gingerbread last year. This looks exactly the same as the one we saw in 2014 and that was fibreglass.

Now that you mention it, I think I read online that it may not be made of Gingerbread, I wasnt paying that close of attention. I was more looking forward to dinner.

I have never come across this before.

This was the first time I had heard of it.

I think your mom said nards, not balls. :lmao:

No, my Mom said balls. I said "nards" when I texted you and Jill beacause I was still in shock and that word sounded harsher to me! :rotfl2:

The Festival of the Holidays seems like ages ago and it was just a few months. Great pics!

Well there have been two other festivals since that one, so it can seem a world away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!