The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

Caught up again!

Pam was game for whatever we wanted to do, as she was just here to hang out with us. Fran wanted to go to the Think Geek store at the Florida Mall, she buys a ton of stuff there online at home, but she thought that maybe the physical store would have better stuff.

I love Think Geek! Although our NY store is just a small kiosk in the basement of a Gamestop. I too buy stuff online.

We were able to cram both scooters into Pam’s car and fit the three of us.

z17FW1029DHS04.jpg

Nice trunk Tetris!

Those onion rings look really good - very light batter!

We were seated with a great view of the open kitchen. I learned from our waiter that this side is a classical Chinese kitchen and all the Chinese items are made on this side.

z17FW1029MA01.jpg

The menu is Pan Asian so all the non Chinese dishes are made on this side.

Ha I didn't realize that! I did notice the Chinese style roast duck hanging though and thought it was cool how it looked like a modern Chinatown.

At the last moment i decided to add the Tempura Rock Shrimp in spicy aioli. While we did like this and ate almost all of it, I probably wouldn't order this again.

z17FW1029MA07.jpg

I've had that before at one of his other Morimoto restaurants and thought it was good but it's a big portion for just two people so think this is a good for group thing.

Mmmm looks delicious!

So when I saw a plate of what looked like Beef Lo Mein come up I was hopeful that would finally have all our food. And it sat there. Several other dishes came up and their servers snatched them away, but the poor lonely plate of Beef Lo Mein was left by itself.

More dishes came up, and left, yet the poor Beef Lo Mein sat there, just waiting. It was under the warmer, but I kept hoping that it was not ours by this point. I would have said something to our server, if I saw him.

Anywhere.

Maybe it was his break time.

Eventually he came back and grabbed the plate and whisked it to our table. It wasn't cold, but it wasn't piping hot either.

OMG I do this too. When I sit near a kitchen and I see a dish I order and it's sitting there I get so anxious!!

We figured that all it needed was a full charge for the battery and everything would be fine. Right?

Dun dun dun....

Then we all got in on the fun!

z17FW1030EP05.jpg

Yay! So great finally meeting you guys!!
Can't believe it was so cold! Colder in FL than in Canada, so weird!

Unbeknownst to us, this would be the last picture of Fran in her scooter.

z17FW1030EP07a.jpg

RIP Scooter!

I was plenty pleased with mine. The shrimp was delicious!

z17FW1030EP20.jpg

That looks delicious! The shrimp look so plump and juicy!

Then we had baklava three ways. The long skinny one was almond, there was a pistachio square and a traditional walnut. That last one was my favorite, it tasted like it had cinnamon in it but the chef swore that it did not, only honey and sugar.

z17FW1030EP29.jpg

I'm a sucker for pistachio so this looks sooo good!

Luckily the last time we stayed at the Beach Club we learned of a path that bypassed the large hill and we took that.

We discovered that this fall too!

Fran noticed they had mushroom soup so she ordered a cup.

z17FW1030SSR02.jpg

That soup looks crazy good. I never would have ordered a mushroom soup but it looks so creamy and delish.

Unfortunately they weren't dry yet and I was so tired from pushing the stupid scooter around I just went to bed.

Aww you must have been so tired!!

I’m glad you’re not here now, its been in the 30s, going up to the 40s/low 50s the last week with nights 28 and 29... I have not left the house much.

Your lunch looks very yummy! We had ‘small plates’ there a couple years ago and everything was really really good. Can’t say the plates were small though.

Poor poor scooter. And all that work on your part to get it back, whew!

Saralago??? I just mapquested, its 20 minutes from SSR. And doesn’t sound at all the same...

Good thing too because it was 56° out that morning!

Goodness, this was colder than it was in the UK for much of October.

We looked through one of the shops and I got a festival T-shirt and then we stopped in Canada for cheddar cheese soup. I can't believe this was our first kiosk of the trip!

Wow. I suppose with the special lunches you would not have room to sample what was on offer at the kiosks.

Martha did not eat seafood, so for the first course she was served hummus fries.

Oh, I like the look of those.

Luckily the last time we stayed at the Beach Club we learned of a path that bypassed the large hill and we took that. There was a slight hill at the end and that's when everything went totally south. You see we had tried on several occasions to put the scooter in neutral and just push it, but for whatever reason it still seemed to be in gear. It never freewheeled as it should have when not in gear, so easily pushing it wasn't an option. In fact it was somewhere around this point that we realized that one of the back wheels wasn't even spinning any more. So now, instead of just walking the scooter along, I was walking it while leaning it onto one side so that it was two-wheeling it.

Looks like what could go wrong went wrong.

A few minutes later they called back, she handed me the phone and said, “you talk to them”. It turns out the driver had been sent to someplace called “Saralago” and not our hotel.

Oh dear, this does not inspire confidence. I hope their scooters are in better shape than their customer service skills.

Corinna

I ate the last of the spaghetti, some with butter and parmesan, and also had some with the rest of the sauce.

A most excellent sort of breakfast!! One of my faves!

WHOA!

And no, her tartar sauce is not green, that's Fran’s Mtn Dew bottle shading her plate.

LOL!! That DOES look suspicious!!

Some of the stuff had actually already sold on eBay too.

Well, that's a bright side!

We were seated with a great view of the open kitchen. I learned from our waiter that this side is a classical Chinese kitchen and all the Chinese items are made on this side.

That's pretty cool!

This was the freshest tuna that I think I've ever had!

I'm beginning to think I need to try this place.

And here's where the service started to slip. We rounded off our dinner of appetizers with an order of Beef lo mein. Being in such close proximity to the kitchen, I could see the orders when they came up and I sort of made a game of trying to guess what they were. Not sure if you noticed, but in quite a few of the food pictures you can see Fran with her tablet, so I didn't have the most “present" dinner companion that evening.

So when I saw a plate of what looked like Beef Lo Mein come up I was hopeful that would finally have all our food. And it sat there. Several other dishes came up and their servers snatched them away, but the poor lonely plate of Beef Lo Mein was left by itself.

More dishes came up, and left, yet the poor Beef Lo Mein sat there, just waiting. It was under the warmer, but I kept hoping that it was not ours by this point. I would have said something to our server, if I saw him.

Anywhere.

Maybe it was his break time.

Eventually he came back and grabbed the plate and whisked it to our table. It wasn't cold, but it wasn't piping hot either.

This is not a good scenario at all.

Why do I think...no. ?

I started some more laundry, and waited up to throw it in the dryer

I first read that as, "I waited to throw up in the dryer."

I must be trying to convince Liesa! :laughing: who also eats like a bird! :rotfl2: I just can't wait to go back! Only 103 days to go! :banana:

Looks like this is on the docket. And yes, while I do eat on the light side, I prefer quality over quantity. I need to get a countdown app on my phone.

miracle of miracles only waited about 5 minutes before an Epcot bus showed up

OH don't worry, they're gonna make up for it by making you stand in a security line 5 hours long.

Love this one of you 4.

When we got to France we needed a drink, so she got a Grand Marnier Slush and I got a Gray Goose slushie.

z17FW1030EP12.jpg

Delicious fraternal twins!!!

And a MORE delicious set of Identical Twins!

so for the first course she was served hummus fries.

I loved those last year! Sadly, none for me this one.

Another set of identical twins. Perfectly slurpable.

During lunch we decided to try and get the scooter to the Beach Club and get some sort of transport from there rather than trying to get back to the front of Epcot. The scooter was right where we left it before lunch and part of us were a little disappointed. Then again there was a bag on the back we wanted to keep, plus a bar under the seat (which makes it easy to attach to the scooter lift on the back of the car) that we also wanted to keep. It seemed to be working a tad bit better and got about ⅓ the way up the hill before it konked out again, and spilled some of my slushie on my knee. The scooter limped along (so to speak) and just before we exited the park, we were told we couldn't take the drink, so we chugged it and pushed forward. It was this point that we realized that we wouldn't make the 4PM meet up to get the new scooter, so we called and postponed it until 5PM.

OY!! The drama. :sad2:

Fran noticed they had mushroom soup so she ordered a cup.

z17FW1030SSR02.jpg

Good Lord, that looks amazing!! I LOVE mushroom soup.

The lunch looked equally delicious at Spice Road too. Thanks for sharing that. I've never eaten a meal there and would love to someday!

Finally caught up! Lovely meals, but oh that scooter trouble!

Ugh. We knew it was coming - but that scooter issue is terrible. It's like your car breaking down on the side of the road - nothing good about it!

On the bright side - the meal looked really good. I admit a couple of those courses don't appeal much to me, so I don't think we will try that one in October. (I really want to try the Tequila lunch.)

Finally caught up again!

The scooter incident just sounds awful!

All the food looks amazing!

Jill in CO

Point?
I have to have a point?

I'm sorry, but that's just never going to happen!

But you certainly seem to be able to sneak in between my posts in my updates.... :rolleyes1

This exists????

Never knew.
Don't think I'd do it anyways.

I don't care for it. I have my own peanut butter. Natural. Just peanut paste and salt with crunchy peanuts in it. You have to stir it when you want to eat it because it doesn't have all the chemicals that keep it from separating into the oil and peanut solids. She can't have crunchy peanut butter anymore anyways.

Nope!
I did look. But I have to be in the right frame of mind.
"You know what I want right now? A shirt with a Porg on it."

And you just reminded me where I can scrape up a few more dollars. Shop Disney parks App has one....

Wha?
Me?????

I would nev......

Yeah... Okay. Point taken.

See what I mean?

:laughing: Good point!

I'm a sushi expert!! Alison says so!

Well I said you could taste the difference between spoiled fish and good fish!

Any luck? Updates?

Not yet. Showed it on the day it rained earlier this week, interviewed a dog, but haven't heard back from anyone.

The day the Disney Dragster Hits the Fan!

I really don't see what's wrong with that? :confused3

I don't think you got my inference. :rolleyes1

Where did you take it? How did you get it out of the bathroom?

:sad2:

Is this a euphemism?
OMG! Congrats!!!!

If this is a euphemism for what I'm thinking, Congrats would not be the word I would use, it would be the one that you missed in the word change on the title of this update. Many phones also have an emogi for this in texting.

Meh. Pictures aren't that tasty anyway.
I usually skip pictures for breakfast.

Sometimes, I have a really spectacular breakfast!

How about now?

Pam tells me it's REALLY cold there now!

Look at those smiles!

Little did you know what was in store....

And little did you know how photoshopped that photo was! Go back and tell me if you can figure out what all I did!

France? What is that?
Don't you mean Grey Goose slush land?

Well that too...

Here it comes.......

There's only so much foreshadowing one can do....

How did you like it?
Want another?

We love Ice Wine! Back when I was the Canadian rep at Alfred Publishing and they sent me all over the country we took a trip to Victoria. We took the ferry from Seattle to get there and back, but while in Victoria we bought way way way over our allotment of alcohol to bring back into the states. We hid the bottles in boots, and every possible crevase of our luggage. When we went through customs I was feeling very guilty, I'm a horrible liar. They asked me, "Do you have Cuban cigars?" And i was so taken aback that i said "of course not!" and they didn't even think to ask "Do you have twice your allotment of ice wine?"

So the answer would be if some of the wine you and Ruby have sitting around that you won't drink is ice wine we'd live it! Don't buy us any on our account as we rarely drink dessert wine. I just drink table wine and we rarely have special desserts at home with wine. Only with my parents or special guests, which is rare.

Cool!
I've never had that happen.
Probably never will. :)

You never know. Although it's become so common for Fran and me that she doesn't even flinch anymore. It could be that we are in the parks more than you so we're more likely to be spotted.

I get that.
Kinda bad timing, but.... I get it.

And since she was talking under wraps, the thi mg I was afraid of (being misunderstood) was exactly what happened. Hence the guy ended up at the wrong resort.

That looks really interesting.
I wonder what the stuffing was.

She offered me one, but I know grape leaves are kind of bitter. I assume it was a rice based sort of filling.

Dang that looks good.

It totally was. I didn't mind that it was the same thing we ate the last year.

Ah yes. Quite right.
(He says knowingly as he chugs his Coke)

Well if you let the skins of the grapes sit in the wine it will become more red, so there you go. The rose doesn't have a lot of skin contact. The red has more skin contact. Now you are edumacated.

Huh! I had no idea there was more than one way to make baklava.

Well they are probably made the same way, just different crushed nits in the fillings of each one. Filo can be rolled or stacked in a multitude of ways.

Have you ever worked with Filo? I have done extensive work with Filo (back in college when I had endless time and no money) and it's great, just time consuming.

::yes::
Man those things are good.

I think I liked the ones from the regular kiosk better than the F&W kiosk.

::yes:: Had the same issue when I was there with Kay.

I seem to remember that.

When you say "we"... you mean "you".

No, I think the valets and taxi driver helped.

Holy smokes. It was really stuck... and.... you must've been just wiped out after that.

I noticed it was really stuck while I was pushing it, but it wasn't until we got back to the room that she pointed out how the tread was worn off the wheels. I was still going on adrenaline since we needed the new scooter, plus after all that i really wanted a real drink (meaning my regular vodka martini). I was pretty tired and it's good that all we did that night was watch the movie and eat leftovers.

Saralago. Of course. Been there many a time. I can see why there'd be some confusion.

:rolleyes2
:sad2:

Evidently it exists. What I meant by not the only thing the operator got wrong while he talked with Fran.

That looks soooo good.

And it was!

First time?

::yes:: we kept meaning to watch it so we would understand the land.

z17FW1029Ma06.jpg

I can imagine.
I can also imagine you are going to be sore the next morning.

Actually i wasnt at least as far as I remembered.

But you certainly seem to be able to sneak in between my posts in my updates.... :rolleyes1

It's a skill I have.
I was on a roll there for a while on another TR. She'd post multiple updates at once. I managed to post in between them (sometimes only a word) several times.

I don't care for it. I have my own peanut butter. Natural. Just peanut paste and salt with crunchy peanuts in it. You have to stir it when you want to eat it because it doesn't have all the chemicals that keep it from separating into the oil and peanut solids. She can't have crunchy peanut butter anymore anyways.

I have to have smooth. And I love all the chemicals! :laughing:

See what I mean?

Yes.

Well I said you could taste the difference between spoiled fish and good fish!

See?

Expert. ::yes::

Not yet. Showed it on the day it rained earlier this week, interviewed a dog, but haven't heard back from anyone.

The dog never got back to you? What a bitc..... uh.... That's too bad.

I don't think you got my inference. :rolleyes1

;)

If this is a euphemism for what I'm thinking, Congrats would not be the word I would use, it would be the one that you missed in the word change on the title of this update. Many phones also have an emogi for this in texting.

:lmao:

And little did you know how photoshopped that photo was! Go back and tell me if you can figure out what all I did!

You cloned out someone (or someones) to Fran's right I think. Plus you pasted in the F&W sign. Also.. you put yourselves in the photo. Unless of course you've learned how to levitate. ;)

We love Ice Wine! Back when I was the Canadian rep at Alfred Publishing and they sent me all over the country we took a trip to Victoria. We took the ferry from Seattle to get there and back, but while in Victoria we bought way way way over our allotment of alcohol to bring back into the states. We hid the bottles in boots, and every possible crevase of our luggage. When we went through customs I was feeling very guilty, I'm a horrible liar. They asked me, "Do you have Cuban cigars?" And i was so taken aback that i said "of course not!" and they didn't even think to ask "Do you have twice your allotment of ice wine?"

Hillarious!

So the answer would be if some of the wine you and Ruby have sitting around that you won't drink is ice wine we'd live it! Don't buy us any on our account as we rarely drink dessert wine. I just drink table wine and we rarely have special desserts at home with wine. Only with my parents or special guests, which is rare.

Well... maybe you have special guests coming in April?

You never know. Although it's become so common for Fran and me that she doesn't even flinch anymore. It could be that we are in the parks more than you so we're more likely to be spotted.

That's true.

Well if you let the skins of the grapes sit in the wine it will become more red, so there you go. The rose doesn't have a lot of skin contact. The red has more skin contact. Now you are edumacated.

Seriously... thank you.

Well they are probably made the same way, just different crushed nits in the fillings of each one.

OMG!!! :eek: They put nits in them????? :faint: :crazy2:

8b06731e24347ababba5045dfb2416da

Have you ever worked with Filo?

Hmmm... maybe... once?

I think I liked the ones from the regular kiosk better than the F&W kiosk.

I wouldn't know of course... but I do remember liking it a great deal (the regular one.)

No, I think the valets and taxi driver helped.

Good!

I was pretty tired and it's good that all we did that night was watch the movie and eat leftovers.

:hug:

::yes:: we kept meaning to watch it so we would understand the land.

And... what did you think of it?
I will say that the 3D effects are absolutely stunning. More so than any other movie I've seen.
You lose that on the small screen of course.

ah

Actually i wasnt at least as far as I remembered.

Good! :)

Caught up again!

Yay! :banana:

I love Think Geek! Although our NY store is just a small kiosk in the basement of a Gamestop. I too buy stuff online.

This store in FL was not much bigger than that. Online has the best stuff!

Nice trunk Tetris!

thanks! I do it all the time!

Those onion rings look really good - very light batter!

And now I want some Cooke's onion rings for dinner!

Ha I didn't realize that! I did notice the Chinese style roast duck hanging though and thought it was cool how it looked like a modern Chinatown.

I considered ordering the Peking Duck. I don't think I've ever had it and I really want to try it after @DisYoda's reviews of it.

I've had that before at one of his other Morimoto restaurants and thought it was good but it's a big portion for just two people so think this is a good for group thing.

This is the only one of his restaurants I've been to, there must be more on the East Coast.

Mmmm looks delicious!

OMG I do this too. When I sit near a kitchen and I see a dish I order and it's sitting there I get so anxious!!

Sometimes I don't like being by the kitchen when this happens, but watching the cooks always wins out for me.

Yay! So great finally meeting you guys!!
Can't believe it was so cold! Colder in FL than in Canada, so weird!

It was fun to meet up, too bad we weren't going in the same direction. We both had our alcohol priorities! :laughing:

RIP Scooter!

Pretty much.

That looks delicious! The shrimp look so plump and juicy!

They were! So tasty!

I'm a sucker for pistachio so this looks sooo good!

I wasn't a fan of Baklava until a few years ago, but now I love it! All three were really good.

We discovered that this fall too!

Pretty convenient!

That soup looks crazy good. I never would have ordered a mushroom soup but it looks so creamy and delish.

She loves mushroom soups and orders them every time they're on the menu.

Aww you must have been so tired!!

Totally wiped out.

I'm actually okay with that.

You would be! :laughing:

I’m glad you’re not here now, its been in the 30s, going up to the 40s/low 50s the last week with nights 28 and 29... I have not left the house much.

I heard, on the news they said that Typhoon Lagoon, and Blizzard Beach closed a few days about a week ago.

Your lunch looks very yummy! We had ‘small plates’ there a couple years ago and everything was really really good. Can’t say the plates were small though.

We ate there once when it opened and ate off the menu. We ended up with about six different dishes between the two of us. We ordered three and were still hungry so we ordered another three.

Poor poor scooter. And all that work on your part to get it back, whew!

We couldn't really just leave it in the middle of the park. That would be littering!

Saralago??? I just mapquested, its 20 minutes from SSR. And doesn’t sound at all the same...

I had wondered if it actually existed! But remember she was talking into the phone with her hand over the mouthpiece as she was talking so as to try not to be obvious at the presentation.

Goodness, this was colder than it was in the UK for much of October.

I was really surprised. I didn't even bring a jacket along.

Wow. I suppose with the special lunches you would not have room to sample what was on offer at the kiosks.

That's pretty much what happened, plus with the scooter trouble on this day we didn't get to do any booths that afternoon either.

Oh, I like the look of those.

I'm not a fan of hummus, so I would not enjoy them, but others who like hummus seem to be all over them!

Looks like what could go wrong went wrong.

Although I never would have guessed that much was going to go wrong! :faint:

Oh dear, this does not inspire confidence. I hope their scooters are in better shape than their customer service skills.

Oh.....stay tuned!

A most excellent sort of breakfast!! One of my faves!

I may have something similar for breakfast tomorrow morning, although this is a vegan version (but I add parmesan cheese)

I'ze got skillz!

LOL!! That DOES look suspicious!!

I knew @pkondz would give me crap about it so I had to figure out why it was green. :laughing:

Well, that's a bright side!

Yeah, by now almost half the stuff she bought has sold.

That's pretty cool!

I like open kitchens!

I'm beginning to think I need to try this place.

If you like Pan Asian cuisine, it's totally worth it. A little pricey but everything I've had has been really good!

This is not a good scenario at all.

No it wasn't.

Why do I think...no. ?

I can't imagine.... :rolleyes1

I first read that as, "I waited to throw up in the dryer."

Looks like this is on the docket. And yes, while I do eat on the light side, I prefer quality over quantity. I need to get a countdown app on my phone.

Well that's why we can order two meals between the 4 or 5 of us. There is way way way too much food for one person to eat a full meal. There is a two meal minimum when you order, so when Jill and I went I took home a ton of food. I remember making at least two more meals for Fran and I out of the leftovers. I think I made crab and shrimp cakes out of the seafood that was left, and then country style hash browned potatoes with the andouille tossed in for flavor. Next night I think we had potato skins and corn cobbettes. It's a LOT of food, and good food!

OH don't worry, they're gonna make up for it by making you stand in a security line 5 hours long.

Pretty much.

Love this one of you 4.

Thanks!

Delicious fraternal twins!!!

Lots of those going around!

And a MORE delicious set of Identical Twins!

See!

I loved those last year! Sadly, none for me this one.

I'm not a chickpea fan, so not my cup of tea.

Another set of identical twins. Perfectly slurpable.

OY!! The drama. :sad2:

I could have used less drama.

Good Lord, that looks amazing!! I LOVE mushroom soup.

She said it was really good. I will remember this for a snack in the future, especially if I want a drinkie-poo.

The lunch looked equally delicious at Spice Road too. Thanks for sharing that. I've never eaten a meal there and would love to someday!

The small plates are really nice because you can order a few and if you're still hungry you can order one or two more.

Finally caught up! Lovely meals, but oh that scooter trouble!

Yes, it was a pain in the butt. I'm just glad that we did have such great meals inbetween the trouble.

Ugh. We knew it was coming - but that scooter issue is terrible. It's like your car breaking down on the side of the road - nothing good about it!

And we can't even call AAA. :sad2:

On the bright side - the meal looked really good. I admit a couple of those courses don't appeal much to me, so I don't think we will try that one in October. (I really want to try the Tequila lunch.)

Since it's been the same meal for the past two years, it could be the same again. The Tequila lunch is different every year, and as you know the French one changes every week.

Finally caught up again!

The scooter incident just sounds awful!

All the food looks amazing!

Pretty much the gist of it. Good food, bad scooter.

It's a skill I have.
I was on a roll there for a while on another TR. She'd post multiple updates at once. I managed to post in between them (sometimes only a word) several times.

Well I have another update ready to go, but I want to put in some IRL stuff. I'm torn whether or not to quote this post in case I get around to it tonight, but I probably won't based on the IRL stuff.

I have to have smooth. And I love all the chemicals! :laughing:

:crazy2:

The dog never got back to you? What a bitc..... uh.... That's too bad.

He was not a bitc...

You cloned out someone (or someones) to Fran's right I think. Plus you pasted in the F&W sign. Also.. you put yourselves in the photo. Unless of course you've learned how to levitate. ;)

Actually there was a family blocking the sign, I stood there for a few minutes waiting for them to move, but the PP photographer just kept having them do pose after pose after pose. I remembered you saying something about the more pictures you take the better your choices for when you want to edit. When they finally left, I got a clean shot of the middle of the sign, but stupid people were walking in the perimeter of the shot. This was the picture I ended up coming up with and was proud of myself except for the little "jog" in the planter box.

z17FW1030EP01b.JPG

When I showed it to Fran she said, "Why don't you just put us in the picture?" So I learned how to "cut" an image out of another picture (the one at the end of the International Gateway that @chunkymonkey took of us) and put it in another image. Then I couldn't resist using the same image on the train at Pike's Peak.

Well... maybe you have special guests coming in April?

Yeah but we're drinking Bloody Caesar's and then going to the restaurant. We could bring the Ice Wine and pay corkage to have it with dessert! :idea:

OMG!!! :eek: They put nits in them????? :faint: :crazy2:

Can't you tell that by this time I switched to answering this post from my computer to answering it from my phone in bed with a glass of wine? Multiple typos....Never even heard of a "nit".

I wouldn't know of course... but I do remember liking it a great deal (the regular one.)

I like the regular one. Fran likes the Grand Marnier one.

And... what did you think of it?
I will say that the 3D effects are absolutely stunning. More so than any other movie I've seen.
You lose that on the small screen of course.

It was a good movie, not spectacular, but we were entertained. The screen on the TV was so small and we didn't have it in 3D. Our TV at home is so much bigger, TV at Disney is anticlimactic.

Last edited:
I knew @pkondz would give me crap about it so I had to figure out why it was green. :laughing:

Excuse me?
I was very concerned for your health.
"Green? Perhaps it sat out too long. Might be moldy."

I am a very caring person.

um... are you buying this?

Well I have another update ready to go, but I want to put in some IRL stuff. I'm torn whether or not to quote this post in case I get around to it tonight, but I probably won't based on the IRL stuff.

I'll see if I can post in the middle of it for ya.

He was not a bitc...

Well, of course not. Actually, bitcoins aren't physically real.

That is what you meant, isn't it?

Actually there was a family blocking the sign, I stood there for a few minutes waiting for them to move, but the PP photographer just kept having them do pose after pose after pose. I remembered you saying something about the more pictures you take the better your choices for when you want to edit. When they finally left, I got a clean shot of the middle of the sign, but stupid people were walking in the perimeter of the shot.

This was the picture I ended up coming up with and was proud of myself except for the little "jog" in the planter box.

z17FW1030EP01_b.JPG

Hmmm... your formatting is right, but there's no photo.

When I showed it to Fran she said, "Why don't you just put us in the picture?" So I learned how to "cut" an image out of another picture (the one at the end of the International Gateway that @chunkymonkey took of us) and put it in another image. Then I couldn't resist using the same image on the train at Pike's Peak.

::yes:: :laughing:

Yeah but we're drinking Bloody Caesar's and then going to the restaurant. We could bring the Ice Wine and pay corkage to have it with dessert! :idea:

Sure!! I don't know if one bottle would be enough? They're not very big. Example below:

ice-wine-local-wine.jpg

Can't you tell that by this time I switched to answering this post from my computer to answering it from my phone in bed with a glass of wine? Multiple typos....Never even heard of a "nit".

:laughing:

Well, you know a nit.... well, I'm half of that. More a nitwit.

It was a good movie, not spectacular, but we were entertained. The screen on the TV was so small and we didn't have it in 3D. Our TV at home is so much bigger, TV at Disney is anticlimactic.

Yeah, the 3D in that movie really adds to it.
It's definitely one that should be seen in a theatre.

Hmmm... your formatting is right, but there's no photo.

Look now.

:laughing:

Well, you know a nit.... well, I'm half of that. More a nitwit.

You said it not me! :rolleyes1

Sure!! I don't know if one bottle would be enough? They're not very big. Example below:

They're usually half bottles, but at the prices you don't need a lot!

OK going to pick up dinner now, so no update until later, now maybe Sunday.

Look now.

Got it!

You said it not me! :rolleyes1

I was going to say I'm a wit.
But I'm also only half of that.

They're usually half bottles, but at the prices you don't need a lot!

Would you think that would be the only wine imbibed? After dinner? Or during?
If "only" and "during", I should maybe bring two?

OK going to pick up dinner now, so no update until later, now maybe Sunday.

got it!

Would you think that would be the only wine imbibed? After dinner? Or during?
If "only" and "during", I should maybe bring two?

In my opinion, Ice Wine should only be drank with dessert. It's much too sweet for drinking with dinner. I will drink Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc with dinner and if we have dessert they will charge us somewhere between $15-25 per bottle of wine to open it. I think after dinner we will all want to go home rather than back to my house for a dessert. Although on Friday night at the Melting Pot, we will definitely have dessert because it's pretty much included. Maybe we might want two bottles. Fran doesn't drink much but between you Liesa and I we might want more....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter