The Scooter Strikes Back-A F&W 2017 TR- Bonus Features, Link to new TR 3/22

In my opinion, Ice Wine should only be drank with dessert. It's much too sweet for drinking with dinner. I will drink Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc with dinner and if we have dessert they will charge us somewhere between $15-25 per bottle of wine to open it. I think after dinner we will all want to go home rather than back to my house for a dessert. Although on Friday night at the Melting Pot, we will definitely have dessert because it's pretty much included. Maybe we might want two bottles. Fran doesn't drink much but between you Liesa and I we might want more....
You're saying two bottles at the Melting Pot or two bottles, one for each?

But you certainly seem to be able to sneak in between my posts in my updates.... :rolleyes1

SEE?! I'm not the only one!

(but I add parmesan cheese)

Parmesan cheese can go on most anything and make it more delicious. :yes

I knew @pkondz would give me crap about it so I had to figure out why it was green. :laughing:

And he did too. ;)

Yeah, by now almost half the stuff she bought has sold.

:banana:

If you like Pan Asian cuisine, it's totally worth it. A little pricey but everything I've had has been really good!

It's going on my list.

Well that's why we can order two meals between the 4 or 5 of us. There is way way way too much food for one person to eat a full meal. There is a two meal minimum when you order, so when Jill and I went I took home a ton of food. I remember making at least two more meals for Fran and I out of the leftovers. I think I made crab and shrimp cakes out of the seafood that was left, and then country style hash browned potatoes with the andouille tossed in for flavor. Next night I think we had potato skins and corn cobbettes. It's a LOT of food, and good food!

I really am getting excited for this! I won't have leftovers, but what I saw looked so delicious.

She said it was really good. I will remember this for a snack in the future, especially if I want a drinkie-poo.

Good thinking!!! Hmmm, maybe this should be on my make soon list.

The small plates are really nice because you can order a few and if you're still hungry you can order one or two more.

Agreed! Plus it slows the meal down so there's more relaxing and talking.

You're saying two bottles at the Melting Pot or two bottles, one for each?

Well I just did a little math. If you get 375 ml bottles, that's approximately 4 3oz glasses, so perhaps two bottles might be nice. But I don't know what laws are for Canadians coming to the US, but we're only allowed to bring back 1 liter of alcohol when we visit abroad, so technically you can only bring two bottles. That being said, Customs folks don't look all that closely. :rolleyes1

I say three bottles!

:thumbsup2

Oh, shush you!

:laughing:

I do like the way she thinks!

SEE?! I'm not the only one!

I thought you just stole the top spot on the page. :duck:

Parmesan cheese can go on most anything and make it more delicious. :yes

::yes::

And he did too. ;)

As expected.

It's going on my list.

As well it should!

I really am getting excited for this! I won't have leftovers, but what I saw looked so delicious.

I just hope we polish it all off that night because we leave for Disney the next day, and won't be eating many leftovers.

Good thinking!!! Hmmm, maybe this should be on my make soon list.

Well this restaurant is at Saratoga Springs, which is pretty out of the way.

Agreed! Plus it slows the meal down so there's more relaxing and talking.

Which is always fun.

This plan is sounding better and better. :)

Hey!

Well.... yes.

Note to self: And one bottle for Liesa.

Hey! I want one too!

So it’s been a fun new year! I need to take some pictures of the kittens and post them here, they’re all getting so big. For the longest time I was afraid because one kitten was a “holdout” on learning to use the litter box. As much as we would put her in the litterbox and try and convince her to use it, she was resisting. But a couple weeks ago we witnessed her first usage of the litterbox and since then she has been great about it. Before that she would go on the pads right *next* to the litterbox. :headache:

Anyone who has followed the saga of our lovely home knows that if it can go wrong it will. Last month when I paid our water bill it was two or three times what it normally was. I knew that we must have a leak, but had no idea *where* to start looking for it. Then earlier last week I thought I heard something while I was at my kitchen sink that sounded like a leak. There's construction going on with the street behind my house and I thought perhaps that’s what I heard. But I noticed some puddles near the base of the house, the construction workers had gone home, and the sound was still there. We called a plumber and he couldnt get there until late in the day. After some digging this is what he found.

https://youtu.be/9Tee4l59xTk

So we turned off the water to the house, and we were pretty much without water for the next 24 hours. Because it was getting dark when we saw how bad the leak was, he had to come back the next day. He did find the source of the leak and repaired it. Fun times.

Still no no bites on the apartment for rent. And slowly we are moving stuff out of the old place. Really hoping that Fran gets her game going and we can be finished with our part before the end of the month. If it were up to me, I'd call whoever would take the last of the furniture and get it out of there and it would take less than a day to haul out the rest of the crap. I think she has some kind of energy blocking her from finishing up. I can't just go ahead and do it because that's the kind of thing her father used to do to her, and I don't want to go to couples therapy. We had another fun apartment related event this week, but since it involved the court, I'll wait until it's resolved to share the details.

And I finally took down my Christmas decorations yesterday. Is it normal to break a sweat while wrapping up lights to box them up? It was freakin’ 84° today!

That's all that's been going on here!

Day 7

I woke up at 6AM and was definitely ready for a bath. Now that the towels were dry, i enjoyed a good soak.
After the tub, I started a little bit of packing and then made us breakfast of French Toast and bacon.

z17FW1030SSR06.jpg

z17FW1030SSR07.jpg

As we were finishing breakfast we got a call from Pam. I had sent her a text the night before asking if she had any tools. You see, we realized that there was no point in taking the scooter home, but to remove one of the parts we needed a wrench or socket set. Fran had a baby wrench, but we really needed something more substantial. Pam said that she would be on the way soon with a tool set and would help us out.

In the meantime I went to return the DVD and find out if we could get help in shipping the battery home and disposing of the dead scooter. Now at home we would list it on Craigslist for free and it would be gone in a heartbeat, but the gentleman at the front desk told me that we couldn’t do that since they don’t just let anyone on property, especially some shady person from Craigslist. He said they would toss it in the dumpster for us, so that was the best I could ask for. He also said that he could help me ship the battery back home, since it was less than six months old and new ones in the case are like $250. A back up would be nice. But we had places to be today!

Pam showed up shortly thereafter and we were able to remove the little bar that goes under the seat to attach the scooter to the lift on the car at home. We even put it on my scooter so at least going home I don’t have to disassemble it and put it in the car.

Then we got ready and headed out. She was originally going to see Hansen at Epcot when we had dinner, but she decided to be a responsible adult and go home instead, so we all opted to ride the bus from SSR and she would just come back to pick up her car. Boy did she regret that! We told her that the bus trips were hellish, 5 stops later after our scooters were tied down we were on our way and it took 45 minutes to get to AK. She told us that if we ever did this again and she said to ride the bus, tell her “no”!

By the time we got there our Navi River FP had opened up so we went directly to Pandora. But first an obligatory picture of the Tree of Life.

z17FW1031AK01.jpg

Then we headed off to Pandora. I was glad that we made the effort to see the movie. None of it would have made any sense if we hadn't. Here's the funky spitting plant.

z17FW1031AK02.jpg

z17FW1031AK03.jpg

I don't know why I took this picture, at the time it looked exotic, but these plants actually grow in Southern California.

z17FW1031AK04.jpg

The Imagineers nailed it with these floating island thingys.

z17FW1031AK05.jpg

z17FW1031AK06.jpg

And then we got into the FP queue.

z17FW1031AK07.jpg

z17FW1031AK08.jpg

z17FW1031AK09.jpg

z17FW1031AK10.jpg

z17FW1031AK11.jpg

And a look back at the island thingy from another angle.

z17FW1031AK12.jpg

z17FW1031AK13.jpg

z17FW1031AK14.jpg

The ride was interesting, worth a 20 minute wait, not 120 which is what I think was the posted wait at the time. I didn't bring my dark ride lens along so only a few pictures actually came out.

z17FW1031AK15.jpg

z17FW1031AK16.jpg

z17FW1031AK17.jpg

I can’t resist waterfalls, I’m only showing you a few of the pictures I took.

z17FW1031AK18jpg

z17FW1031AK19.jpg

We headed over towards the gift shop and I kept taking some snaps.

z17FW1031AK20.jpg

z17FW1031AK21.jpg

z17FW1031AK22.jpg

z17FW1031AK23.jpg

In front of the gift shop. It was slightly mobbed.

z17FW1031AK24.jpg

Amazingly enough we didn’t come away with any souvenirs.

z17FW1031AK25.jpg

z17FW1031AK26.jpg

This is the restaurant, but I haven’t heard any reviews that make me want to eat anything that they serve there.

z17FW1031AK27.jpg

We had decided we were due for a snack, and my ulterior motive worked out! I was able to convince Fran to try the bar at the Nomad Lounge. It didn’t hurt that Pam wanted to eat there too! I took some more snaps on our way over there.

z17FW1031AK28.jpg

z17FW1031AK29.jpg

z17FW1031AK30.jpg

z17FW1031AK31.jpg

It was definitely cool and the imagineers did a great job, but I still question, “Why Pandora?”

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

It was around 2:00, maybe a little bit later when we headed into the Nomad Lounge. My ulterior motive of getting Fran in there, so that eventually I could ease her into the thought of trying Tiffins, seems to have worked out. We did have a Tusker House dinner at 4PM for the Rivers of Light Package so I didn’t want too much, but breakfast was a long time ago and I was already light headed from hunger when we entered the park. First we ordered drinks Fran got the Watermelon Margarita.

z17FW1031AK33.jpg

z17FW1031AK35.jpg

I got the mojito combo moscow mule thing

z17FW1031AK34.jpg

z17FW1031AK36.jpg

Pam got a diet coke.

z17FW1031AK32.jpg

Pam was starving and ordered the bread service as well as the vegetarian Pad Thai.

z17FW1031AK37.jpg

z17FW1031AK39.jpg

Fran and I split the Poutine.

z17FW1031AK38.jpg

It was a nice little bar and the company was good.

z17FW1031AK40.jpg

z17FW1031AK41.jpg

z17FW1031AK42.jpg

Feeling much better we headed off to our next FP+ Expedition Everest. I guess I didn’t remember where the camera was….

z17FW1031AK43.jpeg

We had so much fun, we did it again in the single rider line.

z17FW1031AK44.jpeg

Then it was time to part company, Pam went back home while we went to our dinner at Tusker House.

Just generally being a PITA ;)

As expected.

I just hope we polish it all off that night because we leave for Disney the next day, and won't be eating many leftovers.

This it's probably safest to order the minimum (2) and add appetizers if need be.

Well this restaurant is at Saratoga Springs, which is pretty out of the way.

Uh yeah! That is not an easy or convenient trek.

That was so nice of Pam to bring over tools for you and your scooter drama!

I'm with you on Navi River Journey. No long waits for that one! FoP would be 45 minutes max for me (but thats my max on any ride at WDW)

Glad you got Fran to try Nomad's - those drinks are good! I really think she would enjoy Tiffins - especially lunch! They usually have a couple extra options at that time!

~~~

Also as a heads up - I realize this is super early for this too but I started my Pre-Trip for France. Since we're adding Disneyland Paris at the end, that means I can post the whole thing on the boards right? (It really felt weird not doing a trip report for Italy!).

https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-know-what-youre-going-to-say-france-sept-2019.3658042/

We called a plumber and he couldnt get there until late in the day. After some digging this is what he found.

https://youtu.be/9Tee4l59xTk

So we turned off the water to the house, and we were pretty much without water for the next 24 hours. Because it was getting dark when we saw how bad the leak was, he had to come back the next day. He did find the source of the leak and repaired it. Fun times.

:scared1::scared1:

Still no no bites on the apartment for rent.

Dang! So sorry, Alison! :(

We had another fun apartment related event this week, but since it involved the court, I'll wait until it's resolved to share the details.

Yeah, probably best to keep that one under wraps for a little bit.

And I finally took down my Christmas decorations yesterday.

I'm done except the tree. WE said we were going to do it, but the plan fell apart, and it's still up. :sad2:

Is it normal to break a sweat while wrapping up lights to box them up? It was freakin’ 84° today!

It was almost 60 here!!! WHOA!!!

Pam said that she would be on the way soon with a tool set and would help us out.

NICE!

In the meantime I went to return the DVD and find out if we could get help in shipping the battery home and disposing of the dead scooter. Now at home we would list it on Craigslist for free and it would be gone in a heartbeat, but the gentleman at the front desk told me that we couldn’t do that since they don’t just let anyone on property, especially some shady person from Craigslist. He said they would toss it in the dumpster for us, so that was the best I could ask for. He also said that he could help me ship the battery back home, since it was less than six months old and new ones in the case are like $250. A back up would be nice. But we had places to be today!

The scooter drama is just non-ending! I see why you chose the title you did!

Then we headed off to Pandora. I was glad that we made the effort to see the movie. None of it would have made any sense if we hadn't.

I agree completely! I watched it before my trip too and had I not, I'd have been completely lost.

Here's the funky spitting plant.

... which is just.... odd.

Was Fran ill? Distraught over the scooters? I"m worried at this point.

This is the restaurant, but I haven’t heard any reviews that make me want to eat anything that they serve there.

I tried something there- review when I get there.

I was able to convince Fran to try the bar at the Nomad Lounge.

So.... ummm, this is my #1 favorite place now in all of WDW. I can see it as a wonderful place to meet, talk, just have special time. I just love it there.

It was definitely cool and the imagineers did a great job, but I still question, “Why Pandora?”

Again, agreed. I LOVE it, but question the why.

The menu has changed between our visits. Some is the same, other things are not. I haven't gotten to those photos yet, but I'm sure the poutine wasn't on it.

Well I just did a little math. If you get 375 ml bottles, that's approximately 4 3oz glasses, so perhaps two bottles might be nice. But I don't know what laws are for Canadians coming to the US, but we're only allowed to bring back 1 liter of alcohol when we visit abroad, so technically you can only bring two bottles. That being said, Customs folks don't look all that closely. :rolleyes1

I checked. I'm allowed to bring in one litre, too.

I do like the way she thinks!

Of course you do.

:lmao:

As expected.

I'm getting ganged up on!!

Hey! I want one too!

Sigh... So that makes... five bottles?

For the longest time I was afraid because one kitten was a “holdout” on learning to use the litter box. As much as we would put her in the litterbox and try and convince her to use it, she was resisting. But a couple weeks ago we witnessed her first usage of the litterbox and since then she has been great about it. Before that she would go on the pads right *next* to the litterbox. :headache:

Oh for the love of.... just go in the box!!!

Anyone who has followed the saga of our lovely home knows that if it can go wrong it will. Last month when I paid our water bill it was two or three times what it normally was. I knew that we must have a leak, but had no idea *where* to start looking for it. Then earlier last week I thought I heard something while I was at my kitchen sink that sounded like a leak. There's construction going on with the street behind my house and I thought perhaps that’s what I heard. But I noticed some puddles near the base of the house, the construction workers had gone home, and the sound was still there. We called a plumber and he couldnt get there until late in the day. After some digging this is what he found.

Oh, man.
I can't see the video (At work) but any leak is not a good thing.

Glad it got fixed, but no water for 24 hours is not fun.

Still no no bites on the apartment for rent.

Ah, crap. Hope it goes soon. :)

I can't just go ahead and do it because that's the kind of thing her father used to do to her, and I don't want to go to couples therapy.

Maybe I shouldn't laugh, but your comment struck me as funny.
But... you're a good wife for recognizing that and not doing it.

We had another fun apartment related event this week, but since it involved the court, I'll wait until it's resolved to share the details.

Uh, oh.
Okay, I'll wait on hearing that one.

Me too!
Well, Ruby had done most of it. I just put away the ceramic village, took apart the tree and brought in the church. And lugged it all down to the basement.

Is it normal to break a sweat while wrapping up lights to box them up? It was freakin’ 84° today!

Ha! We broke our record then. We are one hundred and one degrees colder. :laughing:

I woke up at 6AM

Oh for the love of Pete! Sleep in, woman!

made us breakfast of French Toast and bacon.

Um.... yum!

I had sent her a text the night before asking if she had any tools. You see, we realized that there was no point in taking the scooter home, but to remove one of the parts we needed a wrench or socket set.

Really! It's beyond repair? That just boggles my mind.

In the meantime I went to return the DVD and find out if we could get help in shipping the battery home

I'm surprised that it was that easy. A lot of companies won't ship them. Corrosive.

and disposing of the dead scooter.

May I suggest burial at sea?

Now at home we would list it on Craigslist for free and it would be gone in a heartbeat,

Not surprised. Refurb or scrounged for parts.

He said they would toss it in the dumpster for us, so that was the best I could ask for.

"Toss it in the dumpster".... :sad2:

new ones in the case are like $250

Ouch!

Pam showed up shortly thereafter and we were able to remove the little bar that goes under the seat to attach the scooter to the lift on the car at home.

Oh!
I thought you needed the tools to get the battery out.

She was originally going to see Hansen at Epcot when we had dinner,

What's that?

She told us that if we ever did this again and she said to ride the bus, tell her “no”!

:lmao:

But first an obligatory picture of the Tree of Life.

Of course. And a nice one, too!

I was glad that we made the effort to see the movie. None of it would have made any sense if we hadn't.

Yes. But it's still a visually interesting area, regardless.

But seeing the movie helps!

Here's the funky spitting plant.

That thing is just.... rude.

don't know why I took this picture, at the time it looked exotic, but these plants actually grow in Southern California.

:rotfl:

::yes:: Incredible job on those.

Not exactly sure why, but I really like this shot.

The ride was interesting, worth a 20 minute wait, not 120 which is what I think was the posted wait at the time.

I completely agree. Wait an hour? Even 45 minutes? No.
Let alone two hours.

::yes:: I may have some waterfall shots of my own. :)

In front of the gift shop. It was slightly mobbed.

Makes sense. It's the exit for FOP, and I'm sure you didn't miss the line for that!

I'm sorry. I mis-heard. It almost sounded like you didn't buy any souvenirs.

Interesting statement.
You won't try a restaurant unless you've read (good) reviews on it first?

I was able to convince Fran to try the bar at the Nomad Lounge.

Where is that? Never heard of it.

Another one I particularly like.

Why not? I mean they have Dinoland for Pete's sake. And that sucks.

My ulterior motive of getting Fran in there, so that eventually I could ease her into the thought of trying Tiffins, seems to have worked out.

Meaning... you got her in there? Or you got her in Tiffins later?

I don't know if I'd like it, but it sure looks good.

I got the mojito combo moscow mule thing

Probably something I'd order.

Pam was starving and ordered the bread service as well as the vegetarian Pad Thai.

That Pad Thai looks good.

Fran and I split the Poutine.

Did you order it that way? With the gravy on the side?
It looks.... well.... wrong. On several levels.

Feeling much better we headed off to our next FP+ Expedition Everest. I guess I didn’t remember where the camera was….

Aw. Poor Alison. All tuckered out from her long day.
The guy beside you is funny. I wonder if he's an accountant or something.
"I am mildly enjoying myself."

Sorry to hear about your water issues ......... there is always something to fix around a house.

On a much better note - I was happy to hear that your babies/kittens are doing well and that they all learned to use the litter box. Nothing worse than having to clean up after them.

So did we. :sad1: Not happy about it, as we had such a beautiful tree this year. But at least they collect them.

Then we headed off to Pandora. I was glad that we made the effort to see the movie. None of it would have made any sense if we hadn't.

Clever move to see the movie. We have not ........ tried it, but that is just NOT my kind of movie, so I just don't get it really. :rotfl2:

The ride was interesting, worth a 20 minute wait, not 120 which is what I think was the posted wait at the time.

I didn't think there was much that really excited me and I have no big desire to go back to that ride. We did FoP and it was fine, but as you said, we might have enjoyed it more, had we had seen the movie.

Come to Austria, we have LOADS of them!

i-mv8JKzm-X3.jpg

Neither have we. I read a few reviews but we are not really sure if there is anything we woud particularly like.

I second that, well WE do!

Food looks really yummy! That bread service looks delicious.

We had so much fun, we did it again in the single rider line.

:thumbsup2

Then it was time to part company, Pam went back home while we went to our dinner at Tusker House.

Ah, fun times ending too soon.

Welcome to Austria! :daisy:
I've only just touched Austria. And that was years and years ago. 1994?. Salzburg.
Also took a train from Munich to Venice. Um... 2013. I remember telling DW that Austria was incredibly beautiful. I'd love to explore it in greater detail!

Today was the first day we arrived in Epcot without having to rush off to a lunch, FP or something so we took a picture at the sign.

You seem surprised at this. :rotfl2:

Evidently we weren't the only ones looking for warm clothes as they had a rack of heavy jackets freestanding in the women's department and I found one right away which fit the bill perfectly.

Disney knows how to take care of its guests! ...and make a little cash.

Unbeknownst to us, this would be the last picture of Fran in her scooter.

:headache:

Konk!

Hit reset. Six feet.

Konk!

Hit reset. Hit reset. Hit reset. Click. OK I heard it this time. Three feet.

Konk!

Ugh. What a nightmare.

When we were seated it turns out the woman next to me recognized us from the DIS! Her name was Martha and she was visiting from NJ.

Wow, you guys are celebrities!

You see we had tried on several occasions to put the scooter in neutral and just push it, but for whatever reason it still seemed to be in gear. It never freewheeled as it should have when not in gear, so easily pushing it wasn't an option. In fact it was somewhere around this point that we realized that one of the back wheels wasn't even spinning any more. So now, instead of just walking the scooter along, I was walking it while leaning it onto one side so that it was two-wheeling it.

That sounds awful! You got your workout for the week.

Here it is back in the room, and you can see the tread has been worn off the wheel from me pushing it when it wouldn't spin.

I'm guessing that's not good.

It turns out the driver had been sent to someplace called “Saralago” and not our hotel.

Isn't that a small island in the Pacific?:confused3

Unfortunately they weren't dry yet and I was so tired from pushing the stupid scooter around I just went to bed.

I can't blame you there. Sounds exhausting.

Last month when I paid our water bill it was two or three times what it normally was. I knew that we must have a leak, but had no idea *where* to start looking for it.

Oh no...

If it were up to me, I'd call whoever would take the last of the furniture and get it out of there and it would take less than a day to haul out the rest of the crap.

I know that feeling. Maybe can you set her a reasonable deadline?

And I finally took down my Christmas decorations yesterday. Is it normal to break a sweat while wrapping up lights to box them up? It was freakin’ 84° today!

It's been like 8 degrees here for a couple of weeks. I have no sympathy!

Boy did she regret that! We told her that the bus trips were hellish, 5 stops later after our scooters were tied down we were on our way and it took 45 minutes to get to AK. She told us that if we ever did this again and she said to ride the bus, tell her “no”!

:faint:

Then we headed off to Pandora. I was glad that we made the effort to see the movie. None of it would have made any sense if we hadn't. Here's the funky spitting plant.

Wait, there's homework involved? Not cool, Disney!

They do look pretty cool.

I have a hard time thinking of anything that is worth a 120 minute wait.

I'm a sucker for waterfalls too.

:eek: And Fran was with you??

Because the movie made $$$$$.

Glad to hear that the kitties have all learned to use the box!

How awful to have a leak for so long and not know it!

Fingers crossed that everything goes well with the apartment case and rental.

We were at WDW this past weekend and it was pretty chilly; they had the racks of jackets available in all the shops.

We did wait for a long time for quite a few rides, but there were no children in the group and one member had not been there for more than 10 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter