"The Stick"

mufasa0505

DIS Veteran
Runners, what are your opinions on this? I do have a foam roller at home, but when I was at WDW after marathon weekend I was wishing I'd picked up a Stick at the Expo (no foam rollers to be found at CS or BW fitness centers). Wondering if I should order one for future travel needs, or are they not worth it?

mufasa0505 said:
Runners, what are your opinions on this? I do have a foam roller at home, but when I was at WDW after marathon weekend I was wishing I'd picked up a Stick at the Expo (no foam rollers to be found at CS or BW fitness centers). Wondering if I should order one for future travel needs, or are they not worth it?

My DS got one at the Marathon weekend expo this year. He loves it! His cross country and track trainers use it with the kids a lot. The guy at the booth demonstrated on my calves and wow it was uncomfortable but felt so good afterwards!
I think they're great for travel but if you fly they have to be in checked bags. I say a good purchase.

Not runners but DW has had one for 2 years and really likes it. I use it also. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have one but rarely use it. I find that I tend to pull back some as the pain amps up while using the stick. For day to day rolling, stick with the foam roller. For race weekends, I carry a roller from a TP Therapy kit. These are foam rollers on steroids and pack well. Absent a weight bearing device, the stick will do the trick.

I have one at home and one I keep in my desk at work. One of them always goes on trips with me. Both get a lot of use, and I find them far easier to use than the foam roller, especially for some parts that are harder to access or work with the foam roller (possibly user error on my part with the foam roller). I also find it easier to vary the pressure I'm applying than with a foam roller.

I bought one at the expo marathon weekend and think it was a great purchase. They demonstrated it for me on my calves and afterwards I thought they never felt better. Helps my IT bands, too. I still use the foam roller after workouts, but use The Stick in between or before hopping into bed at night.

Don't use the stick with the beads if you have long leg hair!! LOL DS1 learned that the hard way. He likes the stick but he doesn't use it often.

We have this for Cross country and track meets because it travels better than the stick. It's call the moji 360.

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13140074&cp=3677336.12223091.13002850

I bought one of those at the Wine & Dine expo, and it travels with me in my purse, my post-race bag, and a bunch of other places. SO helpful and convenient. :)

I got one at the expo for my first half (Indy's 500 Festival Mini Marathon) and I LOVE it! I fond I used it on my quads, and I've also used it on DH's shoulders/neck and lower back. Totally does the trick for us. It does hurt, but it hurts so good. And we feel great after. I find that it helps the soreness go away faster and makes it easier/less uncomfortable to return to daily activities. You know, like when you overdo it with squats and then you dread going to the bathroom... not that I'd do that. :rotfl:

I think they're great for travel but if you fly they have to be in checked bags. I say a good purchase.

Does anyone know if this is actually the case? I was planning to fly with just a carry on at the end of the month for the Princess and would like to take my stick with me.

MaryJ said:
Does anyone know if this is actually the case? I was planning to fly with just a carry on at the end of the month for the Princess and would like to take my stick with me.

The man at the expo booth who sold it to us told us this... And I've heard this from other runners as well. You can call your airport of departure perhaps to see if they would allow it, but Orlando is super strict on the way back. Let us know what you find out!

I've also heard from other runners that it depends on the TSA agent you get - some ask what it does and if it helps and others consider it a potential weapon. :confused3

MaryJ said:

I have something similar to the stick called tiger tail & we brought it with us twice to Disney via carry on luggage without any issue. Thats just my personal experience. Ymmv

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter