The story of how I almost lit my hotel room on fire at 3am

BaymaxFan78

Enthusiast
We were staying at CBR for new years eve last year, and we went to Poly to eat dinner and watch the fireworks. We had a great time and by the time we got back to our room it was around 3:00am. We settled down and I went to plug my phone in to the USB port on the nightstand, and maybe 2 seconds after I did that it sparked and literally shot the cord out of the outlet. It started smoking (not a lot, but you could see it) and the room smelled like burning plastic/electrical wires. It stopped smoking but you could still faintly smell burning. We called the front desk to tell them and asked for a new outlet and they said they would send somebody to our room and for us to step outside while we wait. After a few minutes of waiting not only did a service guy show up, but so did a fire truck and ambulance. They checked everything and pulled the stand outside. The service man gave us a new outlet and the fire department made sure we were okay, then everybody left. We never really got an explanation why the outlet did what it did, but I just guess maybe someones child stuck something in it or something like that. The whole fire department thing seemed unnecessary but i'm kind of glad they called just in case.

Bonus: That same night, after we left Poly but before we got back to our room, my dad got hungry and for some reason decided he wanted to drive all the way to steak n shake and get a burger. In an attempt to drive there, there were major backups in traffic near Disney Springs. While we were in traffic I saw this shirtless guy come out of nowhere, sprint across the road (with cars moving) and full on hop directly into the backseat of the car in front of us, through the window. That was an interesting experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter