The "things" we did to sanitize during our March Trip

I was planning to come back to this thread and post about how the CDC had updated it's info on transmission on surfaces (indicating it was not as transmissible as once thought), but when I went to the CDC website it apparently made another update saying the change was "......intended to make it easier to read, and was not a result of any new science. "

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2020/s0522-cdc-updates-covid-transmission.html
And here's their resource page about spread:
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/how-covid-spreads.html
I'm still being careful obviously, but it was nice to think over the weekend that surfaces were not as dangerous as we once thought. And that was incorrect.

This is an awesome post and I want to thank those who took the time to share their ideas. Some thoughts were kind of obvious but I would never have thought to wipe down luggage handles or spray my tote bag before entering my resort hotel room. Many thanks!

Thought I'd share something I do every time I come home from work at the hospital and plan to do at our condo after theme park days!

I remove shoes and loose items, keeping anything I only use for work/park in a separate area until next time I grab it and head out (bags, magic bands, wallet, etc), I consider these items to be "dirty" and if I have to touch them, I sanitize my hands afterwards. I strip off all of my clothes and throw them in the washer whose door I have left open (you could also have a laundry hamper ready), then go take a shower and make sure I scrub down well. I change into my pjs or other clothes depending on the time and plans for the day.

At home I just start the laundry when I have a few days worth of clothes in there, but we are traveling with friends/family soon and I imagine we will have a full load of wash after every park day or day out.

Thank you for these tips!! After getting home from Disney with strep throat several years ago, I've been pretty obsessive about hand sanitizer and wiping everything down with Clorox Wipes. I'm ready to up my game when we return to Disney eventually!

One additional tip I think Kevin suggested was bringing a pen or pencil to use to push the buttons in the elevator! Great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!