The time left is killing me, help me please.....

kimluvswdw

<font color=darkorchid>I just can't put my finger
My family is headed to WDW on April 6 and I have no idea how to get through the next 73 days. The thoughts of Disney consume my thoughts ALL THE TIME, I even dream about it when I am sleeping. I could use some great ideas on how to get through the next couple of months. The closer it gets the more excited I get. Help me please. :wizard:

Headed to the fort in April

You could starting making lists of stuff to pack- that always gets me excited..lol

I have 116 days left, so don't feel bad.

exactly how you feel...check out my ticker...It helped me to watch all my favorite disney movies...get a guide book and read it. I made a chain out of colored paper. I cut the paper in to strips, and interlocked them together. each strip was numbered. I started @ 90 days. The chain went around my living room, each day or every few days we would take a link off. Have a great time.

We are also leaving on April 6th. I just keep looking at all the old maps and pictures. It has been 2 years since we were there.

I'm not going until December :confused3

Just keep reading trip reports, restaurant reviews, resort threads... you'll make it :goodvibes

We're going right before you - March 24-31

Its almost time to make ARs for our 2wk Aug trip so my focus is a "little" off the March trip

I only have 8 days left, and it is killing me. DH is ready to strangle me & is even sick of all the Disney commercials. I feel like I am walking around aimlessly in a fog. Soooooo bored! Yesterday, to eat up some time, I made peanut butter cookies. It didn't take nearly as long as I would have liked. Obviously, I am NO help to you, what-so-ever. Sorry.

I get my daily fix by coming here and seeing what everyone else is doing....I now have my DS looking at the boards and occassionally my DH - Grumpy as we call him around here - also has been caught peaking....I also make a book, have notes on the frig and we watch movies or the planning dvd to help us pass the time until our trip - we leave April 7th - can't wait...

d4est - I see you are from CNY also -I am in Pennellville....

Yep...cold & snowy CNY. I am near Cooperstown & Oneonta, if you know of them. Hey, we are flying out of Syracuse, which is about 1 1/2 hours from here. Can't wait!

Yeah I know where you are - we are about 1/2 hour north of Syracuse - can't complain to much about our January weather - a little dusting today though.... certainly not Orlando weather.....the kids want some snow - they have seasons passes to Lab and the conditions haven't been great... have fun on your trip - let us know how the Coronado Springs is - we are trying it for the first time on our trip in April...

There is nothing you can do!!! I am sorry to say! There should really be a support group you can go to for that kind of help!!! And the people on this board cannot be the therapist, we are all in the same boat! We all have the sickness!! I have been planning this trip for almost a year and it is almost here and my family did not commit me yet, so hold on, you can do it!! For me... it is getting closer and now I find my self not wanting it to come because we will not be able to go back to Disney for two years!! :sad2: I need help!!

We always make a countdown chain. I cut the strips of condtruction paper, the kids decorate them, I write down the numbers of the days counting down and the kids glue them together. Every night as part of our countdown we tear one link off the chain. This time our chain was 124 links long! We are now down to 12!!! We have also been reading the Kingdom Keepers book. My DD loves the references to the attractions! Time will pass and then you won't believe it when you are just days away!

I haven't even booked my trip yet and I can't stop obsessing. I'm waiting for AAA to call me back with some quotes first. I called them 2 hours ago, why won't they call me back!!! :rotfl2: Don't they know I have important Disney stuff to plan.

Anyway, I know that this trip to Disney will be our last BIG vacation for a couple of years, and the last one to Disney for even longer. I'd like to go see a few other places before going back.

Needless to say, I'm in "planning commando" mode and can't stop myself. Work is severely getting in the way of my planning and obsessing.

:wizard: We have 150 days to go and I can't imagine getting through the next few months. The only suggestion I can give is to watch WDW planning vidoes/dvds and pick up some guide books. They have been a huge help. Also plan your days while you are there (i.e. make list of which rides to hit first; restaurants to eat at, parades to watch, etc). I also check out every web site out there w/info on all things WDW. But remember part of the fun of the trip is the planning and expectation. How sad we will all be when we return :guilty: . Nothing to look forward to. So enjoy to time leading up to the trip - as difficult as it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter