The trip that didn’t go exactly as planned! November 10-16! Update 12/21

deedee2177

Disney Darling
:welcome: For those that have followed over from my PTR…thank you! For all the new joiners…thanks for following along!

Just a little background on this trip. This trip was not initially in the plans at all, but when the fall discounts came out I just couldn’t help myself and before I knew it we had scheduled a trip from 11/10-11/16 for me, DH (Keith), Bonus Daughter (Emma) and Son (Joey). At first, we wanted to keep it a surprise for both kids. Well, I ended up spilling the beans with my daughter because I know she loves to help plan our trips, but we decided to keep it a surprise for my son.

There were so many times I just wanted to tell him, but Emma wouldn’t let me…she really wanted to surprise her little brother. So, we did!!

Well, I had the Friday before we left off and it’s a good thing because I used it for last minute running around stuff that needed to get done. Emma had a performance at school that evening so it was a busy day. I wasn’t able to pack like I usually do because I had to keep the suitcases out of sight so Joey wouldn’t catch on. Once everyone Keith and Joey were in bed, Emma and I started the packing. She was a huge help so it went pretty smoothly.

27TvdJ0l.jpg

gpDUZ6ql.jpg

BPz9zD1l.jpg

Now it was time to go to bed and get some sleep before our early wake up call of 5:15am!

THE BIG DAY!! SURPRISE!!

We woke up Joey and let him know his surprise was downstairs (we had told him earlier we had a surprise for him on Saturday). He came down the stairs and saw the suitcases and was a bit confused. Oh…I will just let the video speak for itself:

The goal was to be pulling out of the driveway at 6am, we made it by 6:10am…not too bad. The ride down there was fairly smooth. We stopped for lunch in Georgia. I drove most of the trip since Keith drives for a living, giving him a break is always part of his vacation. I had Keith keep checking my email for our Room Email! We got it and we were in room 9434 (80’s Section of Pop). I was a bit disappointed because I was a hoping for the 50’s section with a lakeview, but at this point I was just glad to have a room to go to when we got there.

We arrived on Disney Property around 4pm, but I got a bit turned around because of the road construction and we ended up at Hollywood Studios!! So, we had to redirect and finally got to Pop around 4:20. We found our room and only Emma’s magic band would open up the door. Boo! So, Keith schlepped all the luggage in while I took the kids to the front desk to get our magic bands fixed. It was at this time I discovered just how close we were to the main building! A quick stroll across the circular drop off area and we were there!! It was then that I was no longer disappointed by our room location!

Once I got the magic bands fixed we headed back to the room and met Keith who had finished bringing in the luggage. I unpacked a bit while the kids and Keith relaxed for a bit. We got ready to head to Disney Springs. We got down to the buses and we decided that we were all pretty tired and decided we just wanted to hang out at the resort, so we headed to the food court for dinner. We decided to get a large pizza and split between us, but Joey decided he wasn’t in the mood for pizza so we got him a kids meal..fried chicken.

zCIZrEEl.jpg

There was plenty of pizza for me, Keith and Emma to share. We actually had 2 pieces left. We will definitely be doing this again in the future…a great deal for all of us to eat off of. We all headed back to the room after dinner (after grabbing a ½ gallon of milk) to keep in the room.

I decided to take the kids down to the pool since they had been cooped up in the car all day. We went to the computer pool which was in our section. We got in the pool (water was a little chilly but not too bad). Well, we were in the pool for about 10 minutes and the lifeguard explained we needed to get out because of “an expected contamination”. In other words, a little girl had had a bathroom accident in the pool.

So, we got out and dried off. We decided to call it a night at this point because we had been up since 5:15, and we had a busy day the next day.

Well, there you have it…the 1st day of our trip. Tomorrow we visit the Magic Kingdom and the title of this trip report will start to make sense!

I'm HERE!!!!! Sad it didnt go as planned, but excited to hear the story!
Also- love the video! His reaction is priceless! I was worried at first it would be one of those meh reactions, but then the dancing, hahaha! love it!

I'm HERE!!!!! Sad it didnt go as planned, but excited to hear the story!
Also- love the video! His reaction is priceless! I was worried at first it would be one of those meh reactions, but then the dancing, hahaha! love it!

I was worried about the same thing. It took a minute to kick in because he was still half asleep!

Anxiously waiting for more!!

Update coming soon...life has been crazy with the upcoming Holidays! :) Thanks for following along!

Joining in and looking forward to your updates :)

Thanks for following along...update coming soon! :)

**My apologies for the delay with this update! We came home to the Thanksgiving Holiday and then all the back to school and work and all those activities!! Thanks for your patience, hope you enjoy this update!**

November 11, 2018: Magic Kingdom Day

Today was our 1st full day at the parks! As a tradition we started at Magic Kingdom. We got up early enough to be at the parks before opened. MK was scheduled to open at 9am. I got the kids up and got them to eat just little snack, as we had a breakfast ADR lined up at MK.

iaNtlgcm.jpg

We made our way to the buses and saw one of the longest lines for the buses that I have seen at Pop. So, we decided to drive over. We figured even with parking and taking the monorail over we would get their quicker than the bus. Not to mention we were able to catch this wonderful sight!

mnGDiqhm.jpg

We made our way through the bag check and then waited for the monorail. It was not a long wait at all. We captured a few pictures as we waited:

W1PbcNem.jpg

QIMaor7m.jpg

We got over to the Magic Kingdom and made our way to scan our magic bands for the first time for the parks!!

vBRF4Oom.jpg

We made our way to the Castle through the Emporium shops…I love that they run the length of the street to help avoid the crowds (because it was definitely crowded). We saw the stage set up in front of the Castle that they were using for the Christmas Special Taping. We lined up to the left of the Castle to follow the path around toward Fantasyland.

J1FPJjUm.jpg

We headed over to Peter Pan. I just love this ride…it’s just nostalgic for me but I refuse to stand in the line for over an hour for it. It was the 1st time for Keith and Emma to see the new queue. Emma and I rode together while Keith and Joey rode together. We discovered that Joey and Emma could not ride together since he is still under 7 years old. I will be happy during our next trip for them to be able to ride together some so Keith and I can ride together.

After Peter Pan it was onto another Disney Classic…It’s a Small World. I know there are some that absolutely despise this ride, but again I love it because it’s so classic Disney.

Sy1XN1Vm.jpg

UoT7O31m.jpg

After that we headed to one of Joey’s favorites…The Barnstormer. While waiting in line we saw the billboard for Tron. I’m pretty excited to check out this ride! It was now time for us to head over to our breakfast ADR at The Plaza.

2vqYr9Um.jpg

Breakfast Platter
o873P1im.jpg

Biscuits and Gravy with a side of fruit
DP7KzQLm.jpg

Kids waffle plate (both kids ordered this)
eJhR7ePm.jpg

Emma made a hidden Mickey with the syrup​

Keith wasn’t a huge fan of the biscuits and gravy so he and I shared my platter…I however did like the biscuits and gravy.

It was time to use our fast pass at Splash…a family favorite! After Splash we made our way over to Pirates, it had a pretty lengthy wait time. In line I started to feel bad, I was just praying I was tired and not getting sick!

It was then off to our other fast passes…Thunder Mountain and Mine Train. At this point I was pretty sure I was getting sick, so we decided to head back to the hotel. We had drove our car over so Keith told me to take the kids back via the bus and he would get the car. Well, about 10 minutes later Keith joined us in the bus line…he was just ready to get back to the hotel as well. We would get the car later when we came back later that evening.

We got back to Pop and we all took a rest and I took some cold medicine. Emma actually fell asleep…I swear this girl only naps at Disney! Joey and Keith decided to go back to MK to get the car, this would prove to be a bad decision. When Joey saw MK, he wanted to go back in. Keith texted me to see if Emma and I wanted to join them. Emma and I decided we would meet them over and headed to the bus stop.

We met up with Keith and Joey at Columbia Harbour House. Keith went to get the food while I sat with the kids. I was really starting to feel bad at this point. While eating Joey spilled his milk and he lost it…he started crying because he was just so tired and I was beyond feeling bad at that point. So, I took Joey back to the hotel, I have to admit it was not my best Mommy Moment at all, but with being tired myself and feeling sick I was just done.

Emma and Keith stayed at MK and were able to ride the following rides:

Haunted Mansion, Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pooh and Space Mountain

I got Joey ready for bed and he fell asleep right away. I also got ready for bed, I made a barrier of pillows between myself and where Emma would be sleeping to help avoid her getting sick.

So, as you can see this is where our trip started going a bit differently as expected. I was so sad I was sick, but I was glad it was me and not one of the kids.

Next update will be our visit to Animal Kingdom!!

I have to admit it was not my best Mommy Moment at all, but with being tired myself and feeling sick I was just done.

Ugh, this is just one of the worst parts of parenting. I hate when I'm not feeling well, and I know there's a better way to handle the situation, but I just don't have it in me. We all have those days.

We headed over to Peter Pan. I just love this ride…it’s just nostalgic for me but I refuse to stand in the line for over an hour for it. It was the 1st time for Keith and Emma to see the new queue. Emma and I rode together while Keith and Joey rode together. We discovered that Joey and Emma could not ride together since he is still under 7 years old. I will be happy during our next trip for them to be able to ride together some so Keith and I can ride together.
I wonder what the official rule is on kids riding together. I could have sworn that my girls road together on rides for the last few years. This trip as we were going on the little mermaid ride, we were a party of 8 with my 3 nephews, we were told DD had to be 14 to ride with one of the little kids. My girls are 13 1/2. Next day on barnstormer, they asked my other DD how old she was since she was with my nephew. She rounded her age up to 14.

So, as you can see this is where our trip started going a bit differently as expected. I was so sad I was sick, but I was glad it was me and not one of the kids.
Being sick on vacation isn't fun. I hope it didn't change to much of your trip.

Good to know about the ages since I will have two that are 7 and under. I guess that means my 9 year old can ride alone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!