The Trip that Won't Stop Changing! Now a Sept 2017 Birthday Visit. *Updated 8/28/2017

Also, have you ever experienced Magical Express? What should I expect? Should I let them get our bags, I've heard mixed things on this one?
The only time I ever used ME was several years ago but we had a 10am-ish flight. We packed necessities in our carry on since we knew it would probably be awhile before we would get our bags. We checked in dropped off our carry ons in the room and hit the parks. We had a pretty early night and made it back to the room around 9:30 and the bags were waiting on us. With that being said we decided to in September and our plane lands around 8:30pm Disney time. I intend on just getting the bags ourselves because it will be so late and we will probably want to go on to bed. I don't want to chance getting woke up because I am sure I would never go back to sleep!

Your plans look good so far! I have never met Jack and Sally at the Halloween party but we did luck up and ended up meeting the 7 Dwarves in a very short line at the end of the night!
I really don't have advice on the Epcot day. I mean I love the Frozen ride if I am in Epcot but......don't know if I would totally waste a complete ticket to go. It has been so long too since I have ate at Akersus. :confused3

From what I've seen researching for our trip, I don't think it will be a big deal. Anna & Elsa have a large summer cottage with a lot of rooms... I haven't figured out the secret, but somehow it allows them to meet with guests a lot faster. Wait time right now, middle of the day on a summer day is posted at 20 minutes. Not too bad.

That's good news! I've moved a few things around, so we're likely gonna spend a little less than half a day in Epcot now. Hopefully I can nab an evening FP for the Frozen ride and we can do stand by for A&E. I'm glad they found a way to shorten the wait in the summer house...:rolleyes1

I've read it isn't too bad because there are three sets of "friends".

:thumbsup2 I sure hope that stays true!

The only time I ever used ME was several years ago but we had a 10am-ish flight. We packed necessities in our carry on since we knew it would probably be awhile before we would get our bags. We checked in dropped off our carry ons in the room and hit the parks. We had a pretty early night and made it back to the room around 9:30 and the bags were waiting on us. With that being said we decided to in September and our plane lands around 8:30pm Disney time. I intend on just getting the bags ourselves because it will be so late and we will probably want to go on to bed. I don't want to chance getting woke up because I am sure I would never go back to sleep!

Good to know! I'd read it can take a few hours to actually receive the bags so we will follow this as well. Pack a carry on with swim gear and daily stuff. Our flight should have us in Orlando by 3 PM, hdaughter t that I've bought tickets yet... living on the edge!:confused3

Your plans look good so far! I have never met Jack and Sally at the Halloween party but we did luck up and ended up meeting the 7 Dwarves in a very short line at the end of the night!
I really don't have advice on the Epcot day. I mean I love the Frozen ride if I am in Epcot but......don't know if I would totally waste a complete ticket to go. It has been so long too since I have ate at Akersus. :confused3

90% of my plans revolve around DD having a blast and getting to see all these things theatre gonna blow her mind (Jack and Sally, Anna and Elsa) and making sure DH doesn't have a melt down from being dragged around all of WDW.

I've made some touring changes, and will likely make more cause I'm crazy. But I think I've got stuff worked out.:thumbsup2

I'm a Crazy Person and I'm Not Ashamed

As anyone following this insane report knows, I'm nuts. Coocoo-bananas, all over the place crazy.
Which is why I have this:

That, dear friends is what happens when I hoard dollar store items for a Disney trip I've been planning for basically two years. More actually. Check this out...

See that little princess light up thingy on the bottom left? I bought that bad boy in the Target dollar section Christmas of 2013, just after I found out I was pregnant.

So yeah, DD has Tinker Belle gifts, stuff for the plane and hotel room to last her like a month in WDW. Not to mention enough pins to sustain trades well into her teens. We practice trading at home cause I'm a nerd and I want her to like it. :blush:

But that's not the crazy part:

I made some changes!!
:jumping1:

Our basic run down will remain the same, but I do not wanna miss Pandora at night, so I switched back to hoppers and plan to hop over to AK from MK on Wednesday the 6th in the afternoon/evening. I grabbed a 10:35 AM ADR at CP in place of our 7:20 PM one.

The extra time in AK also allows for me to feel better if we sleep in a bit the day after MNSSHP. Plus, we can hop! I wanna try and relax a bit this trip. Not be so bound to my plans, it's gonna be hard, but I can do it!

My only concern is FP. Should I get a Pandora FP for that night, knowing I won't have as many in MK during the day, or do I risk not getting one and using my initial 3 at MK? I do have it on good authority that Disney will likely be extending AK park hours, but probably not until late July/August. Always changing things last minute.:faint:

We have also started working on our costumes! DD decided what we should be this year, a first for her, and DH and I are happy to ablidge. We will be going as characters from Hocus Pocus, which is, coincidentally DD's favorite Halloween movie! Wonder how that happened?:confused3

The funny thing is DD wants to be Dani, I am to be Max, and DH is Winifred Sanderson, better known around here as "The Witch!"

Lol! Got DH a dress, comes to just below his knee, and he's gonna wear pants under it, it's gonna be funny. I tell you, the things he's willing to do for that girl. I'll post some progress pictures once I have some.

That's all for now folks! TTFN! Hope all is well in your worlds!:confused3

Last edited:

See that little princess light up thingy on the bottom left? I bought that bad boy in the Target dollar section Christmas of 2013, just after I found out I was pregnant.
Whoa...you are a planning goddess!

Not to mention enough pins to sustain trades well into her teens. We practice trading at home cause I'm a nerd and I want her to like it. :blush:
I wish I had gotten pins ahead of time. But I had no idea that my DH would get into pin trading...which in turn led DS5 into it, and then DS3. We spent lots on pins....

We will be going as characters from Hocus Pocus, which is, coincidentally DD's favorite Halloween movie!
Nice!

Wonder how that happened?:confused3
HAHA...I wonder... :rolleyes1

You are crazy! But I love it!!!!!

We practice trading at home cause I'm a nerd and I want her to like it. :blush:
Where did you buy the pins ahead of time. The girls love it and it would be nice to have some that I know they will want to trade. Problem they have it they like the ones they have.

I do have it on good authority that Disney will likely be extending AK park hours, but probably not until late July/August. Always changing things last minute.:faint:
I am hoping for this as well! Fingers Crossed!

Lol! Got DH a dress, comes to just below his knee, and he's gonna wear pants under it, it's gonna be funny. I tell you, the things he's willing to do for that girl. I'll post some progress pictures once I have some.
See my DH will pick out t-shirts to wear but wearing a dress is where he will draw the line!

So yeah, DD has Tinker Belle gifts, stuff for the plane and hotel room to last her like a month in WDW. Not to mention enough pins to sustain trades well into her teens. We practice trading at home cause I'm a nerd and I want her to like it. :blush:
I wish I would have started this! I love looking at them and I have bought a few for keepsakes.

We have also started working on our costumes! DD decided what we should be this year, a first for her, and DH and I are happy to ablidge. We will be going as characters from Hocus Pocus, which is, coincidentally DD's favorite Halloween movie! Wonder how that happened?:confused3
ahhhhh my favorite movie!!!

Whoa...you are a planning goddess!

LOL! Hardly, but I am a hoarder, so... LOL! I can't help myself when it comes to that little baby!

I wish I had gotten pins ahead of time. But I had no idea that my DH would get into pin trading...which in turn led DS5 into it, and then DS3. We spent lots on pins....

That's how I got started; lots of money in the parks. My sis and I split an order of 100 pins from an ebay seller. It was in 2014, and I can't recall their name, but if you go this route, just make sure they're legit. Lots of fake pins on the web.

Nice!

Thanks! I'm kinda shocked DH was willing to do this. Initially I assumed he'd be MAx, but DD was adamant that I be Max and her daddy be "the witch" lol!

HAHA...I wonder... :rolleyes1

Must be genetic!

You are crazy! But I love it!!!!!

LOL! Right?? I didn't realize how much I had until I opened the bag. I just buy stuff now and then and throw it in there.

Where did you buy the pins ahead of time. The girls love it and it would be nice to have some that I know they will want to trade. Problem they have it they like the ones they have.

We got a lot of 100 from an ebay seller in 2014. I am trying to find the name but not having much luck. Just cross reference any sellers and research them a bit, lots of fake pins on the web. Sis and I had a blast going through them all the night before our first day in MK back in 2015, I bet your girls would too. I collect Mickey pins, pirate pins and Stitch pins, so when I trade for those I keep them in a separate baggy I take to the parks. Anything else goes on my lanyard and is fair game for a trade! I love trading, especially while waiting in line queues. It's a great way to make a friend and pass the time.

I am hoping for this as well! Fingers Crossed!

I feel like they have to. I mean, how are they gonna shut down the park at 9 PM, when the sun is barely down at that point in September? They have not one, but like 3 things that are meant for the night time!

See my DH will pick out t-shirts to wear but wearing a dress is where he will draw the line!

I never, not in a 100 years, would have thought he'd be cool with this! I mean, he won't even wear a shirt that reads "i don't do matching shirts" but a dress is fine! Honestly, it's anything for our DD.

I wish I would have started this! I love looking at them and I have bought a few for keepsakes.

There's still time! You can get some in a lot on ebay. Just make sure the seller has a good rep cause you can, and might, get some fake pins.

ahhhhh my favorite movie!!!

Mine too! I can't get enough, and I'm so excited they're still hosting the Halloween Party!!

So, how do you know the pins are legit on eBay?

My sis bought them, but she says to check the sellers reviews and maybe a google search. She's looking in her account to see if she can find the seller's name. Consider, also, that if the pins are in fact fake, a CM will trade them with you any way, and can then exchange them, behind the scenes, for official pins.

A few things you want in a real pin are the Disney insignia on the back of the pin, and a special pattern, usually.

I'll try posting some examples; photobucket is being a jerk. But do a google search for real vs. fake Disney trading pins. There is a TON of info out there.

My sis bought them, but she says to check the sellers reviews and maybe a google search. She's looking in her account to see if she can find the seller's name. Consider, also, that if the pins are in fact fake, a CM will trade them with you any way, and can then exchange them, behind the scenes, for official pins.

A few things you want in a real pin are the Disney insignia on the back of the pin, and a special pattern, usually.

I'll try posting some examples; photobucket is being a jerk. But do a google search for real vs. fake Disney trading pins. There is a TON of info out there.
Thank you!,

Ok, if you FP Pandora, you won't get to use any all day in MK... so that's a hard trade off.

That said, you can only FP one thing in Pandora anyway... I'm not sure if it is worth it or not. We do have evening FP's for one night there just to see the evening Safari, get an evening ride on Everest and then visit Pandora. They've since opened up the nightly Pandora EMH, but I'm not sure we'll even use that since the lines have remained massive during those 2 hours. It just depends on what you want to accomplish at MK, but I'd definitely be tempted to do a Pandora FP and take advantage of a couple of the other new evening opportunities AK now provides as well.

I never, not in a 100 years, would have thought he'd be cool with this! I mean, he won't even wear a shirt that reads "i don't do matching shirts" but a dress is fine! Honestly, it's anything for our DD.
Just have DD "pick" out the shirts...

So, how do you know the pins are legit on eBay?
I was thinking the same thing....

Consider, also, that if the pins are in fact fake, a CM will trade them with you any way, and can then exchange them, behind the scenes, for official pins.
My girls really have only traded with CM. A couple nice folks have tried with them but they are just too shy. I will have to look. I could save some for other occasions as well...

Just have DD "pick" out the shirts...

:rotfl2:I'm laughing, but this may be a genius idea!

I was thinking the same thing....

I'll post a few examples from the web in my next update, but you're really just looking at the reputation of the seller as your best option for not getting fakes.

My girls really have only traded with CM. A couple nice folks have tried with them but they are just too shy. I will have to look. I could save some for other occasions as well...

That's sweet though! I think guest trading used to be more prevalent than it is now. But any trade is fun. I plan to use a few as Tinker Belle gifts for DD. And I use them in our scrap books; I snip the pin park off with a wire cutter.

FAST PASS DAY!!!

Well, it's 7:35 EST. Our FP+ have been completely booked, I will, however have to get on again in two days to book for my sister and mama; sis could probably do it, but she's a late sleeper. Here's what we got:

upload_2017-7-7_7-44-16.png

Not too shabby! I can not believe I nabbed that FoP so early! I've been reading in the September group that one was hard to get! We (and by we I mean DH) decided since we're trying for evening Pandora on Wednesday to not do Pandora again on Friday. It's not a bad plan, and it will allow us to cover a lot of ground in AK on Friday even if we arrive a little later and leave early to head to Epcot.

In all this planning, I am not always scheduling breaks back at the resort. I'm starting to think this might be stupid. I figure MK days it'll be easy to grab the boat back to WL, but AK days? I just don't know. I dread the bus! Thoughts?

Well, as luck would have it DD is awake and asking for eggs, so I gotta go!

TTFN friends! Hope all is well!

Looks like you got good FP+ choices, though I do question when you eat lunch a couple of days. We tried to keep our lunches at the same time DS eats when he's home.

In all this planning, I am not always scheduling breaks back at the resort. I'm starting to think this might be stupid. I figure MK days it'll be easy to grab the boat back to WL, but AK days? I just don't know. I dread the bus! Thoughts?
We only went back to the resort one of our 3 days, and that was for my mom and not DS. If she still takes a midday nap and will nap in the stroller, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Looks like you got good FP+ choices, though I do question when you eat lunch a couple of days. We tried to keep our lunches at the same time DS eats when he's home.

DD isn't a scheduled child; we're kinda free range parents. She has a general time to eat, and sleep, but it's nothing concrete. The last few days she's not eaten much more than turkey rolls and cheese, so there's that as well. LOL! I have a few brunch time meals planned as well.

We only went back to the resort one of our 3 days, and that was for my mom and not DS. If she still takes a midday nap and will nap in the stroller, I wouldn't sweat it too much.

She will for sure nap in the stroller; I take her for a neighborhood walk when she's over tired mid day and refuses to slow down. Toddlers are nuts! I worry more about DH and his anxiety than I worry about DD. She can hang, him, not so much. LOL!

Just read through all of your PTR! Looks like you have an amazing trip planned! As for hotel breaks, I feel like the buses midday are so much more manageable. They're usually far less crowded than in the morning or night so I don't think you have to worry to much! I never really "plan" for breaks either but rather let the day flow. If I feel that I need to take a moment, instead of beating myself up about it that I'm "missing" something I just take that break then and I usually feel much better for it!

Since I've chatted to a few of y'all about pins I thought I'd share this
Thank you!!

Here's what we got:
Looks good!!

I can not believe I nabbed that FoP so early! I've been reading in the September group that one was hard to get!
I think you benefited from it being your fourth park day, but congrats on that!

I figure MK days it'll be easy to grab the boat back to WL, but AK days? I just don't know. I dread the bus! Thoughts?
As you know, we are very big break people. And no it isn't just for the boys...and it isn't just for naps bc some days we swam. It was mostly to get out of the heat...it can be horrible midday...and to get out of all the stimuli. To have quiet and no crowds and just sit down and relax in our own "space".

But you have a shorter trip than us and not everyone is into the break thing...so it truly is up to you and what you think is best for your family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter