The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Well. I just got my first contract membership number last week. And then yesterday I decided to buy 75 more points. I'm done now! 182 points total now assuming ROFR goes through. I'm done now!
We bought last July and I've been itching to buy more points too!

Just wondering if anyone has been recently and heard any news on the opening date of the pools. We are headed to VGC May 19th and I'm really hoping they are open by then!!

Just wondering if anyone has been recently and heard any news on the opening date of the pools. We are headed to VGC May 19th and I'm really hoping they are open by then!!
A few guests have posted completion dates in late April, information from various CMs.

The pool deck is random stone, labor intensive and time consuming to install. Considering the progress I observed in mid-March, the pools should be ready for you :goodvibes

Photo from March 16:
gch_pool_mar16.jpg

A few guests have posted completion dates in late April, information from various CMs.

The pool deck is random stone, labor intensive and time consuming to install. Considering the progress I observed in mid-March, the pools should be ready for you :goodvibes

Photo from March 16:
View attachment 229931

Thanks so much, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear! We really enjoy a couple hours at the pool in the afternoon.

Anyone know when renovations are going to start on the lobby? I know it says mid June but I'm hoping to hear a set date. I get there the 12th and have never been before. I hear that is one of the best parts of the hotel...

Fellow Owners-

I love, love owning at VGC! It's an awesome experience, beautiful residence so close to the park!

Question for you: I bought in 2012, and then at a lot higher price in 2013. Since that second purchase, the price seems to have stagnated a bit (although the maintenance fees haven't :mad:). Does anyone have thoughts on why it hasn't much moved for four years? Is this a buying opportunity?

We also love owning at VGC. The prices have leveled off some on all the resorts from what I can see. That said, Disney just announced that they are bumping the price for direct points by $5 on older resorts. (So VGC will go to $185.) That might put a little upward pressure on prices.

I'm not really sure why the price doesn't move, but it does have the highest resale price of any resort. I think DVC is not marketed as much in Disneyland so people are not as aware it is even an option.

Timeshares in general do not appreciate. The fact that VGC (and to some extent DVC in general) does is a rarity... but a good thing. I would not buy expecting to make money on it though.

I would never look at the price today for VGC as a buying opportunity. It still has an end date in 2060 and as mentioned it's a timeshare with dues ever increasing. If it makes sense for one to have more points then sure, but never any sort of "opportunity". Could it go up? Sure. Any economic downturn leaves things like timeshares being one of the first to go though.

I think I read that the villas are getting Keurig coffee pots. If that is correct, does anyone know how many pods are provided? Thank you!

WooHoo!!!!! Just made a reservation for the week after Thanksgigive for a 2 bedroom at the VGC! First time in the 2 bedroom. We had a one bedroom last year and LOVED it. This year we are brining our cuisins and our god-daughter so we need the extra room. Anything special I need to know about the 2 bedroom units? I did a room request of 6500, 5500, 4500, 4506, 3500, 3506 in that order.

Other than that I am just excited to spend the holidays in my happy place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!