The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

...I know Gay Days is the weekend, but how long do they extend the discounted rate?
Reservations must include at least one day from the actual Gay Days weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun), and can usually extend to include the next or prior weekend.
...Yes, $300+ is discounted as we are seeing $500-600 night even with AP or PIN discounts! One of the main reasons we purchased VGC points!
What I was trying to say: It's amazing that a $300 rate is now considered a deep discount. When I first evaluated buying at VGC (when it opened in 2009), I used $250 as a regular GCH room rate to estimate if VGC was worthwhile.

Thanks Nonsuch. I see your benchmark back then has been raised a bit. Makes buying back then an even wiser decision...

With the higher cost of acquiring points and the rapid rise in room rates I used a $450/night estimate to help justify our recent purchase. With that, a $300 rate does seem like a bargain and I may consider not using points for that week. We would arrive on Sunday so we would qualify.

We will be back at the DLR in December for a meeting and we will get the meeting rate. in 2014 the rates were $149 PPH, $189 DLH and $225 GCH. I assume they will be higher but still a "steal". We will likely opt for the DLH as we will have just been to the VGC/GCH in October.

Mike

In case people missed it. Seems Disneyland's new hotel is going to shrink the DVC parking area considerably as seen by their model photo.

10_17_WDI_9901.-900jpg.jpg

We are staying in a 2b villa for the first time at VGC mid May 2018. Any recommendations on room requests? I went through the first few pages but a lot of the photos are no longer coming up. Can someone explain or show a map of where the villas are actually located and where parking is? Grocery delivery or store nearby? We arrive at noon into LAX and will have a car. Any other tips or hints would be most appreciated. Thank you

We are staying in a 2b villa for the first time at VGC mid May 2018. Any recommendations on room requests? I went through the first few pages but a lot of the photos are no longer coming up. Can someone explain or show a map of where the villas are actually located and where parking is? Grocery delivery or store nearby? We arrive at noon into LAX and will have a car.
Search this thread for "6500", since this villa will be included in any list of recommendations. Also be aware of potential noise issues with 6500.

Detailed map of VGC is linked in my signature. Villas facing south (bottom of map) have a park view.

Self-parking is across the street (Disneyland Drive). Check-in first, bell services will take your luggage directly from the car (groceries can be refrigerated). Once you have checked in, drive your car to self-parking.

Thank you - is check in at the same lobby at the hotel? When in the hotel lobby which way to you go to get to the villas, trying to visualize where exactly they are located in conjunction to where the hotel lobby is

...is check in at the same lobby at the hotel?
VGC uses the same registration as GCH. There is no online check-in.
When in the hotel lobby which way to you go to get to the villas, trying to visualize where exactly they are located in conjunction to where the hotel lobby is
A map to help you visualize :goodvibes
GREEN: drive to check-in
YELLOW: drive to self-parking
BLUE: walk from lobby to VGC

gch_parking.jpg

I am assuming the answer to this is no but asking anyway just in case - the entrance to DCA through the GCH is only open during the time DCA is open correct? Meaning if DCA opens at 10 and DL park opens at 9 we cannot use the GCH entrance to cut through to the entrance to DL park. Thank you

He’s hoping that I can book any DVC room at the 7 month window for June 19 for 4 nights for my first trip to DL. My chances don’t look very good right now though. Crossing my fingers and toes!

He’s hoping that I can book any DVC room at the 7 month window for June 19 for 4 nights for my first trip to DL.
Studio does not look good:
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 3.05.23 PM.png
1-bedroom:
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 3.05.42 PM.png
2-bedroom (dedicated):
Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 3.05.52 PM.png

You should have a chance booking a 1 or 2 bedroom villa :wizard:
If you have some points available (temporarily), book a few extra day a the start of your visit.
Instead of June 19 to 22 (checkout 23), book June 16 to 22 -- adjust dates later.

It is possible some non-VGC owners are "walking" reservations at 7-months. There are many threads on the topic of "walking", so search the board for more info.

That’s good to hear! Waiting for my points to load and that’s the week we want-prob one or two bedroom.

I was able to book two consecutive nights in a 2bdrm in early June today whereas only one night was available two days ago when I hit the 7mo mark. So if you don't get it exactly at your 7mo mark, keep checking! I have a waitlist for my 3rd night, so fingers crossed that comes through!

:tinker:
He’s hoping that I can book any DVC room at the 7 month window for June 19 for 4 nights for my first trip to DL. My chances don’t look very good right now though. Crossing my fingers and toes!

Good luck! I'm waiting for my resale closing docs for AKV...and just hoping they're done before Dec 8th. We want 3 nights, 7/9-7/12. Studio is first choice but we can swing a 1-bd. Will the stars align?:tinker:

I hope so. Mine has taken over four months-but that’s definitely an aberration when I look at the closing time thread. Tearing my hair out!

Rock, paper, scissors with ya for that week???
Ok. One two three go! Tell me what you have and I’ll tell you if I won :o

Seriously, spinning about what days to book. I have 200 points I want to use-100
that expire 7/31. I could borrow from 2018 as well. I am hoping to go this week-but I also am looking at black out dates. SoCal passes oddly blocked Weds through Sat that week-definitely would like to plan around that. And need to return home by Saturday. Hmmmmm. Our other option is July, but points jump then....

... Grocery delivery or store nearby? We arrive at noon into LAX and will have a car. Any other tips or hints would be most appreciated. Thank you
For groceries I really like the Target that's on the south side of The 5 at Euclid. Easy off and back on I-5. They have almost everything.

So excited!! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I booked two nights in a 2bd for early June but my 3rd night wasn't available. I put in a waitlist, but when I checked today it was available, so I booked it! We haven't been to DLR since 2010 so the kids (now 16 and almost 14) don't remember much (they do remember the HOJO, lol). Now here's hoping they finish the California Screamin redo by the time we arrive!!

Anything in particular we should look for at the VGC? DD wants to design Disney resorts, so I'm sure we'll spend some time just looking around the resort. We walked through it in 2010 (joined DVC in 2011) and were in awe. So thrilled we actually get to stay there!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts