The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

I am posting this in hopes that my new VGC neighbors will be able to help me out (it feels pretty good to say that, I have to admit :)). We just bought a contract and will close late july/early august at the latest. Our contract has banked points from 2017 that will expire next June. We already had a trip booked for the end of October before we decided to buy, so are kind of stuck. I really don't want to sell the points and would much rather use them. My family is holding on to hope that there is/will be something available when our points are loaded in August. I however am more realistic as this will be in the 2-3 month out booking window. But before I tell them to put that idea to bed, I thought id see if one of our new neighbors (yep, still feels pretty good :hyper:) would be able to check on the system for me and see if there is currently anything available. Arrive 10/21, Depart 10/24. We need a 2 bedroom villa, which is the only reason there may be a chance. If there is already nothing available then I can break it to them softly. If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it, either post here or PM me. Thanks!!

There's nothing available....not even partial dates. Sorry!

Sorry to inconvenience someone- but can anyone check studio availability from 11/25-11/28? Considering trying to come up with more $$, rent points, and cancel my hotel reservation to stay- but I figure it's long ago booked full.

Thanks!

The DIS boards does not want people asking about or checking on availability.

FWIW - VGC studios, 1BR's and usually 2BR's and GV's book up completely at 7 months. Anything that opens up after that is just a cancellation and usually doesn't sit around long at all. If you ever want to rent there you need to do so during the 11-7 month window or else run across someone who has a last minute trip they are pulling out of and is trying to rent it out.

We are booked for May 2019, I and see that two of our days at VGC are now Grad Nites (dates just released today). I know that the crowds will be heavier those days, especially in the evenings. What about room requests? We do 1 bedrooms and request WOC/theme park view (6502, 5502, 5508, etc)... Will it be super loud in those DCA view rooms on Grad Nite? Would a pool view request be better, and if so, what specific 1 bedroom room numbers do you recommend I should request?

Hello, I will first say that I did not look thru all 186 pages for my info I am looking for. We are heading down for our first visit end of August. Cannot believe that I was able to get 6 nights at 7months out for a studio.Very lucky.
As for the coffee maker in the studios, still the same as WDW or have they switched to kuerigs?
Thanks look forward to enjoy your home.
Also I see that studios end in 04,09,10,16. 10s look like a corner with not much of a view. for park view is 04s or 16 better?
Thanks

Just got unpacked and settled in our room for our first ever VGC stay in a 1br. I must say, it’s quite a breathtaking place! Now to get all the kids settled for a day at the parks tomorrow.

...We do 1 bedrooms and request WOC/theme park view (6502, 5502, 5508, etc)... Will it be super loud in those DCA view rooms on Grad Nite? ...
Grad Nites do not create a noise issue for VGC.

Several times I have only remembered it was a Grad Nite after noticing guests still riding Goofy's Sky School, most recently this past Saturday (June 9).

There is usually music (dance party) in the Hollywood area, which cannot be seen or heard from VGC

...Cannot believe that I was able to get 6 nights at 7months out for a studio.Very lucky.
Very Lucky :wizard:
...As for the coffee maker in the studios, still the same as WDW or have they switched to kuerigs?
There are 12-cup Mr Coffee drip coffee makers (flat bottom basket filter) in all villas, no reports of any changes.
...Also I see that studios end in 04,09,10,16. 10s look like a corner with not much of a view. for park view is 04s or 16 better?
x510 are in a corner, but still have a decent park view.
x504 are the best park view, with 6504 having one of the best views at GCH.
x516 face redwood creek and are very quiet, but mostly a view of trees.

Grad Nites do not create a noise issue for VGC.

Several times I have only remembered it was a Grad Nite after noticing guests still riding Goofy's Sky School, most recently this past Saturday (June 9).

There is usually music (dance party) in the Hollywood area, which cannot be seen or heard from VGC

I agree. As long as the door is shut, the only things we ever hear are the fireworks.

A big thank you to @Nonsuch for all the info on this thread. It’s been a really big help planning! Put the kids down early tonight in preparation for their first day in the parks and my wife and I still got to see the Paint the Night parade from our balcony in x508. It was pretty awesome!
You’re Welcome Home :goodvibes
(like “before and after” on Wheel)

I’m home from a GV visit last week, more details soon.
PTN rehearsals ran overnight early Friday (2AM and again later), which made me hope something might be added. Friday night performance seemed unchanged, so likely just a rehearsal.

PTN rehearsals ran overnight early Friday (2AM and again later), which made me hope something might be added.

There is supposed to be a new float added when Pixar Pier opens. Thank you for reminding me of that, we need to go out and see it with the new float.

Just got unpacked and settled in our room for our first ever VGC stay in a 1br. I must say, it’s quite a breathtaking place! Now to get all the kids settled for a day at the parks tomorrow.

We just got back from our first stay there in a 1BR over the weekend! We've stayed in the studios before and they were great, but I have to say it was fantastic to have the extra full bathroom and the Murphy bed for our 2 year old. Have fun and enjoy all the Pixar Fest food offerings! We enjoyed the cheeseburger pizza, green miso pesto pasta, and alien macaron at Pizza Planet.

You’re Welcome Home :goodvibes
(like “before and after” on Wheel)

I’m home from a GV visit last week, more details soon.
PTN rehearsals ran overnight early Friday (2AM and again later), which made me hope something might be added. Friday night performance seemed unchanged, so likely just a rehearsal.
Just returned from a 5-night stay at DL. We were unable to book five straight nights in any category at 7 months out, but we managed to snag the first two nights in a 1BR, then a one-night stay at DLH (OOP), before ending in a GV the last two nights. What a marvelous trip! We watched PTN twice in the park and then caught most of it the last night (Thursday) from the viewing area on the top floor. From the night before, they had added a new Incredibles float. Mr and Mrs Incredible at the front and Frozone on top--they even tossed in a few bars of The Incredibles theme song at one point. Second trip to DL the past few years, the first at VGC. Superb. . .with one exception: of course, all the Pixar Pier stuff was closed except for the CM/media day on Thursday. We could see the coaster running and ferris wheel spinning with people on them. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter