The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners & Lovers Group - 2.0

Anyone getting reservations made for June in anticipation of Star Wars land? Just booked the 16th-23rd. Figure it’ll give us a decent chance!

I was wondering if there are laundry facilities available for the studios?
A small laundry room is on the first floor near the VGC elevators (a short zig-zag through a few hallways).
There are 2 washers and 4 dryers
This laundry room is usually not locked. The seldom used barbecue patio is nearby (if you plan on waiting).

There is also large laundry room on the second floor near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose.
There are 6 washers and 11 dryers
This laundry room requires a room key to access.

What type of room requests, if any, should be made (for a 1-bedroom if it matters)?

LAX

What type of room requests, if any, should be made (for a 1-bedroom if it matters)?
Assuming you want a World of Color (and Pixar Pier) view:
6502 (6th floor)
5508 (slightly better angle to WOC than x502)
5502, 4508, 4502, 3508, 3502
5514 (no WOC view, facing Redwood Creek, very quiet)
4514, 3514

Search this thread for "6502" for other view recommendations...

I'm hoping someone can clarify some information for me. It was my previous understanding that some of our dues for VGC were and are being spent on parking lot maintenance for our parking across the street. If my understanding is correct, my concern I guess is, I've noticed an increased usage of the parking lot by other entities related to other Disney construction projects. My question is, several fold.

1) should members be responsible for maintenance related to damage caused by other entities using this space?
2) if our property interests are being used by another entity shouldn't they pay for the usage?
3) I've noticed in the mock ups that our parking area is going to be shrunk significantly, how will our dues be effected?

image_09-7.jpg

...It was my previous understanding that some of our dues for VGC were and are being spent on parking lot maintenance for our parking across the street...
Interesting topic. Perhaps the annual dues statement will have some details, although it seems rather light of specifics.

Is free self-parking a "recorded" benefit or just a "perk"?
I consider it a "perk" which could be changed or eliminated, just as free valet parking at other DVC properties was eliminated.

A small laundry room is on the first floor near the VGC elevators (a short zig-zag through a few hallways).
There are 2 washers and 4 dryers
This laundry room is usually not locked. The seldom used barbecue patio is nearby (if you plan on waiting).

There is also large laundry room on the second floor near the elevators adjacent to Napa Rose.
There are 6 washers and 11 dryers
This laundry room requires a room key to access.

Does the 1st floor laundry room still have complimentary detergent and dryer sheets?

Interesting topic. Perhaps the annual dues statement will have some details, although it seems rather light of specifics.

Is free self-parking a "recorded" benefit or just a "perk"?
I consider it a "perk" which could be changed or eliminated, just as free valet parking at other DVC properties was eliminated.

Parking lot maintenance is paid for out of dues which makes it more than a perk.

As far as part of the lot being used for construction remember that VGC is a tiny, tiny part of the hotel and the maintenance should be in proportion. If there isn't a parking spot when a VGC guest arrives and something is not found for free parking then there could be a complaint but I'd not consider it something out of line unless that were to happen.

Hoping someone can help with a quick question regarding VGC studio fridges...can they fit a gallon-size milk jug and, if yes, does it require sacrificing all shelving, some, or none? I've found some info saying that only a 1/2 gallon would fit in the door but have had no luck searching multiple forums to find current info (aka, not info on fridges from 5+ years ago) on capacity for the fridges currently in the studios. We're heading for our first stay at VGC next week and I'm putting together our grocery order for the breakfast foods and snacks we don't plan to bring with us and the last thing I want is to find out our main cold storage item won't fit. :guilty:

Thanks in advance!

Hoping someone can help with a quick question regarding VGC studio fridges...can they fit a gallon-size milk jug and, if yes, does it require sacrificing all shelving, some, or none? I've found some info saying that only a 1/2 gallon would fit in the door but have had no luck searching multiple forums to find current info (aka, not info on fridges from 5+ years ago) on capacity for the fridges currently in the studios. We're heading for our first stay at VGC next week and I'm putting together our grocery order for the breakfast foods and snacks we don't plan to bring with us and the last thing I want is to find out our main cold storage item won't fit. :guilty:

Thanks in advance!

Definitely only a half gallon sized bottle on the door. If you remove the bottom shelf you can place a gallon of milk which will take up half the floor space. See the following link for a photo of the studio refrigerator at VGF.http://allears.net/acc/grand-floridian-villas/grand-floridian-studio-1110-10.jpg

Definitely only a half gallon sized bottle on the door. If you remove the bottom shelf you can place a gallon of milk which will take up half the floor space. See the following link for a photo of the studio refrigerator at VGF.http://allears.net/acc/grand-floridian-villas/grand-floridian-studio-1110-10.jpg

Thanks for the info, DenLo. :) In researching the Grand Californian for this trip I could find plenty of info on the refurbed regular rooms and was hoping that the smaller, cooler-like fridge they put in those rooms and that looks like it holds very little wasn't something they also rolled out to the DVC studios.

Just subscribed to this (huge-ormus) thread. Good to be here. Soon to be owner of points, buying on the resale market. I'd rented earlier in the year and stopped by DVC hoping to buy VGC points direct (can you tell I'm an old noob?). Anyway, put in an offer and it was accepted so I'm going through all the paperwork steps. Nice place you got here!

Not really DVC related but we were able to stay 5 nights at the VGC this past summer. After hundreds of visits to WDW (we live in Florida) we finally made the trip to Disneyland and thanks to DVC were able to stay at VGC. We absolutely loved it and the parks as well. My daughter made a video which shows how much fun we had. One thing they did at the pool was passed out desserts FOR FREE!!!! Is that normal? We were so surprised. Cupcakes one day and some sort of rasberry tart or something. ( I missed getting one but daughter was describing) Loved everything about the hotel.

Not really DVC related but we were able to stay 5 nights at the VGC this past summer. After hundreds of visits to WDW (we live in Florida) we finally made the trip to Disneyland and thanks to DVC were able to stay at VGC. We absolutely loved it and the parks as well. My daughter made a video which shows how much fun we had. One thing they did at the pool was passed out desserts FOR FREE!!!! Is that normal? We were so surprised. Cupcakes one day and some sort of rasberry tart or something. ( I missed getting one but daughter was describing) Loved everything about the hotel.
Thanks for the vlog! We were just there in mid-June, so we missed out on the new Pixar Pier and WOC. It was my DD's first trip to the Land, as well, and she loved it. I would have to say, despite my dozens of trips to WDW, that the two CA parks are better than any two World parks. Now, it's tough to be WDW as a destination, but DL's two parks are exceptional and so much more intimate. Thanks for reviving my memories.

Thanks for the vlog! We were just there in mid-June, so we missed out on the new Pixar Pier and WOC. It was my DD's first trip to the Land, as well, and she loved it. I would have to say, despite my dozens of trips to WDW, that the two CA parks are better than any two World parks. Now, it's tough to be WDW as a destination, but DL's two parks are exceptional and so much more intimate. Thanks for reviving my memories.
We missed Pixar Pier as well. We were there early June. We were at Magic Kingdom the other day and my daughter said, "I miss Disneyland".

We missed Pixar Pier as well. We were there early June. We were at Magic Kingdom the other day and my daughter said, "I miss Disneyland".
We literally left the day of the special event where you could buy a ticket to get in, enjoy food/drink, and have the run of Pixar Pier for the night. We thought about doing that event, but the tickets were $299. . .per person! The closest we came to Pixar Pier was our last night and they introduced The Incredibles characters in a new float for the Paint the Night parade (which we enjoyed immensely).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!