The walking dead amc #2

I think they took most of them during the movie (my theory) so they wouldn't necessarily be missed immediately.

I don't know. In the scene where they reveal each head with all of the flashback scenes where their friends and loved ones are looking for them at the fair, it was still daytime, when Enid's boyfriend was searching the crowd for her while singing on stage with Luke, when that teenager said he was supposed to meet his buddy, when Tammy Rose's husband was asking if anyone had seen her and when Gabriel was looking for Tara. I wish they'd show us how each capture happened!!

They kinda did it like the comics...like little cartoon clip by clip (think Batman and Robin's 'pow, crash, wham'). Actually they didn't even show that...but the pike scene and seeing each head and then flashing to their loved ones, at the fair, wondering where they are was shown like the comics.

Last edited:
I'm hoping they will show how they were captured in next week's finale. Would be nice to know how so many of them could have been taken.

I own the comics and haven't read past the first few issues -- just haven't made the time. But I knew RIGHT AWAY that the spikes scene HAD to have been from the comics, even if the people were different. There's a real quality difference. And to add insult to injury and highlight that, Gimple was on TD. Ugh.

Side question -- has been bugging me since the time jump: Is anyone else perplexed as to WHY IN THE WORLD they don't have a crew working 24/7 making bullets with Eurgene's knowledge rather than running around with slingshots?!??!

But of the at least four(?) people they took from the Kingdom...
1) Not one yelled, screamed, put up a fight?
2) Don't they still have a watch posted? Shouldn't they have seen someone leaving by the gates?
3) Alpha took all of them by herself? She was the only whisperer IN the Kingdom, right?

I am going to rewatch the episode, because like a PP said, it was the 1st time in a long time I was shocked, and saddened. My theory is, and I will pay closer attention when I rewatch, is the pipes. The pipes were banging and that's when Henry left Lydia. we then notice other people knew about the pipe situation, because Gerry mentioned it to his wife. We see Alpha meeting King Zeke, and innocently making comments about things she overheard others say, so he thinks she is a true resident of Hilltop. She asks his of something, I don't recall, but she needs his help, he throws his arm around her and they walk off. We don't see him again until the end when Lydia runs up and tells him her mom was there and Henry was missing. (I thought for sure is was going to be his head Carol saw, since he got it in the comic)

What if, Alpha, as the citizen of Hilltop asked for his help, and he rounds up a few people he sees along the way, and they go off with Alpha? Why he wouldn't go too would be the wrench in that hole plotline, but it might be what happened. It had to do with the pipes. I don't know why the teenagers would have been there, but maybe they thought they could help in someway.

I am going to rewatch the episode, because like a PP said, it was the 1st time in a long time I was shocked, and saddened. My theory is, and I will pay closer attention when I rewatch, is the pipes. The pipes were banging and that's when Henry left Lydia. we then notice other people knew about the pipe situation, because Gerry mentioned it to his wife. We see Alpha meeting King Zeke, and innocently making comments about things she overheard others say, so he thinks she is a true resident of Hilltop. She asks his of something, I don't recall, but she needs his help, he throws his arm around her and they walk off. We don't see him again until the end when Lydia runs up and tells him her mom was there and Henry was missing. (I thought for sure is was going to be his head Carol saw, since he got it in the comic)

What if, Alpha, as the citizen of Hilltop asked for his help, and he rounds up a few people he sees along the way, and they go off with Alpha? Why he wouldn't go too would be the wrench in that hole plotline, but it might be what happened. It had to do with the pipes. I don't know why the teenagers would have been there, but maybe they thought they could help in someway.
Alpha was just looking to buy a sweater. Ezekial said he'd show her where she could find one.

After rewatching the episode I do think they took people working on the pipes maybe, but it also seems like Alpha targeted certain people, Henry, Grace under fire (because she had the baby), the teens because they were "hurting" her daughter, etc. Not sure why she'd target Frankie or Enid though. I didn't realize when watching the first time that Lydia ran into the movie theater while the same short was playing and told Ezekial about it. Also the teenager was waiting for the other 2 teenagers right out side the theater before the movie began. He said they were supposed to meet him there. You can see others walking into the building with him waiting outside.

This is an interview with Katelyn Nacon who played Enid; she was asked how was it that Alpha was able to kidnap her.

"Acuna: This is what I was wondering watching this episode because I've watched the episode a few times now. How on earth did Alpha kidnap or convince a person like Enid to come with her? I feel like that goes against Enid's character completely. Enid isn't a fool. Her mantra has been JSS: "Just Survive Somehow."

Nacon: I honestly have no clue. They never explained to us how we got there, or when we got there because I was also with Alden the entire time during the fair. I don't know how I ended up there.

Acuna: Yeah. I wasn't sure if maybe you guys had filmed anything, or if there was anything that didn't make it.

Nacon: No, we kind of just cut to the sequence of us fighting and our severed heads. Originally, I used to have not as much as I did, [until] the second rendition of the script. Originally, I had two lines or so [in the episode]."

She's asked some other questions too.
https://www.businessinsider.com/the-walking-dead-katelyn-nacon-interview-2019-3

Yeah....I didn't expect we would. Be too much to ask :rolleyes2
Katelyn Nacon, you were one of the decent actors so you will do well after this crap-show. Best of luck to you!

FINALLY we get to see winter. I was starting to wonder if they would ever show us how they deal with the frigging cold. Virginia has rough winters. They are outside of DC and there are blizzards and winter storms aplenty there.

Yes, she was looking for sweaters. I remember that much. Even if these were true sewer pipes, it's Alpha vs. 4(?) of them. Sorry, good theory, but I'm not buying it.

FINALLY we get to see winter. I was starting to wonder if they would ever show us how they deal with the frigging cold. Virginia has rough winters. They are outside of DC and there are blizzards and winter storms aplenty there.

Here's the thing though, when was this fair? At the end of Sunday nights episode, it showed Lydia placing one of the H tokens at the stake that Henry's head was on. Her and Daryll are shown walking away, and then the camera zooms in on the token in the grass and we see a snowflake fall on it.

Do we have another time jump? Obviously some time has passed, days? weeks? months? It seemed like it was still summer and or fall during the fair. People were wearing short sleeves. Hilltop resident Alpha made mention to Ezekiel that she need a good sweater because winter was coming. Unlike the Northeast, it snows in VA, but not in the fall. We don't see any kid of snow until January? It's still kind of warmish down here through November and most of December. Not Florida warm, but too warm to snow.

Here's the thing though, when was this fair? At the end of Sunday nights episode, it showed Lydia placing one of the H tokens at the stake that Henry's head was on. Her and Daryll are shown walking away, and then the camera zooms in on the token in the grass and we see a snowflake fall on it.

Do we have another time jump? Obviously some time has passed, days? weeks? months? It seemed like it was still summer and or fall during the fair. People were wearing short sleeves. Hilltop resident Alpha made mention to Ezekiel that she need a good sweater because winter was coming. Unlike the Northeast, it snows in VA, but not in the fall. We don't see any kid of snow until January? It's still kind of warmish down here through November and most of December. Not Florida warm, but too warm to snow.

I live in NC and the one and only blizzard we've had this year happened December 8th. Last year we had a snow and ice storm in early March.

Also, aren't the Whisperers nomads? Wandering from place to place? Why not just wait for them to move on? Where were they for the last 5-6 years? If they just showed up, won't they also go away?

Also, aren't the Whisperers nomads? Wandering from place to place? Why not just wait for them to move on? Where were they for the last 5-6 years? If they just showed up, won't they also go away?

I thought that too, but maybe this Whisperer stuff is fairly new after trying to live in settlements and they always fall. They don't seem to move around too much though because when Jesus was killed the Whisperer told him he was where he shouldn't be or words to that effect, meaning Jesus was on their territory.

As far as how those people on the pikes ended up leaving Hilltop, like someone above said maybe Ezke rounded them up to help her. She could have led them to the barn where the other Whisperers were waiting. So it wouldn't have just been her against them.

1) Not one yelled, screamed, put up a fight?

It seems they took people while everyone else was inside the theater or on their way there. We see Lydia in the theater waiting for Henry who never shows. So because everyone else was preoccupied with the movie, perhaps there was no one to witness them being kidnapped.

3) Alpha took all of them by herself? She was the only whisperer IN the Kingdom, right?

When we see the kidnapped people tied up before they are beheaded (when they fight with the help of the Highway men), we see several Whisperers there fighting against all of them. So apparently they were there to help kidnap them, and we just didn't see them.

Really, they took Tara, Enid, and Henry and the rest were weak anyway - 3 teens, and an older woman. I think the highway men were collateral damage since they came to help out, and were outside the gates to begin with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!