The Walt Disney Classics Collection coming to an end

crazy4wdw

Moderator - Restaurant Board
From Precious Moments & Disney:

We truly appreciate the fans and collectors who have been eagerly awaiting the Walt Disney Classics Collection product launch by Precious Moments Incorporated®. After extensive consultation with Disney®, we have jointly decided not to move forward with the release of the collection. The Walt Disney Classics Collection will be placed into the “vault” alongside other cherished Disney classics.

We invite you to continue to celebrate Disney characters and stories with the beautifully crafted collectibles available in the Disney Showcase Collection by Precious Moments. These exquisite pieces are available at Disney Theme Parks, DisneyStore.com, PreciousMoments.com, and specialty retailers.

Thank you for your continued support of Precious Moments Incorporated.".

The Walt Disney Collector's Society ended in 2009.

I was afraid of this. Then again, I wasn't altogether thrilled with the Enesco offerings after the first change of hands. Once I heard Precious Moments was going to take over, I figured the line was doomed. They were huge sellers decades ago, but the popularity seemed to wear off a bit.

I have quite a few pieces myself, mainly villains. I'll miss the line, but not the poor quality in the sculpts.

I was afraid of this. Then again, I wasn't altogether thrilled with the Enesco offerings after the first change of hands. Once I heard Precious Moments was going to take over, I figured the line was doomed. They were huge sellers decades ago, but the popularity seemed to wear off a bit. I have quite a few pieces myself, mainly villains. I'll miss the line, but not the poor quality in the sculpts.

A lot of people booed enesco. Yes at first it was kinda sketchy but they hit a nice stride. Some pretty detailed pieces were released during their years. Look at last signature piece of the dwarfs on the log. Excellent piece. The last 2 jungle book offerings were excellent. Repunz was great. Grant it the years of scenes had passes but that was due to the economy too.

I'm very glad the pmi decided to not go through with it. Their letter was a joke. They made it sound like they were the ones who were responsible for all the great years. Even when enesco had the line some of the great sculptors remained but they most likely wouldn't have followed under pmi so best it's done.

20 great years. And ending with Snow White and the prince was a great way to go out.

I can sit in our room and look at our 300 plus pieces and look back at all the great artist and voice talents we met over the years and the great friends we made. That's what made wdcc so special.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Would have been nice if a final farwell sculpture had been produced.

I felt the same way when the Walt Disney Collectors Society was put on "hiatius". A final piece for members, especially for those of us that were charter members, would have been great.

Would have been nice if a final farwell sculpture had been produced. I felt the same way when the Walt Disney Collectors Society was put on "hiatius". A final piece for members, especially for those of us that were charter members, would have been great.
the Snow White and Prince was their way of saying goodbye.

Thank God PM isn't going to get the chance to ruin the line. I will miss getting new pieces. But will enjoy the ones I have. After 20 years of collecting I have almost every piece made. Cinderella's gown and coach are two of my favorites.
Nancyprincess:

Thank God PM isn't going to get the chance to ruin the line. I will miss getting new pieces. But will enjoy the ones I have. After 20 years of collecting I have almost every piece made. Cinderella's gown and coach are two of my favorites.
Nancyprincess:

That's a LOT of pieces! I have most of the original villain issues, but stopped when I ran out of room in my curio.

Great stuff. Thanks for posting. I'll have to try and get a picture up of mine. What I was annoyed about was purchasing some of the original villains, and then having better versions released later on.

I like the Malificent on the rounded base that you own. I have the one they issued all in white, but the base they provided with the statue is a huge checker-board type floor, and way too big for the statue.

Great stuff. Thanks for posting. I'll have to try and get a picture up of mine. What I was annoyed about was purchasing some of the original villains, and then having better versions released later on.

I like the Malificent on the rounded base that you own. I have the one they issued all in white, but the base they provided with the statue is a huge checker-board type floor, and way too big for the statue.

I'd love to see your pictures. I love the Villians. I also have Malificent as the Dragon in another case. I'll see if I have a photo of it. Great piece but huge!

Nancy princess:

Nice pics! I'll have to rummage up my pics when we build our curios. When we build our house I dedicated a whole room to curios for our collection. We finished the two walls about two years ago now I just have one other wall left to do. It took me and my buddy down his cabinet place about a year and a half to get everything built and get the glass made for the shelves and lit properly.

Wow, great pics, Nancy! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Thank You. Here are a few more of my collection.

[/IMG][/U

This last picture is a one of a kind Stephanie Blithe mermaid that the artist made for me from a dream I had of a young Ariel with her treasures.
Nancy princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter