The Walt Disney Company launches takeover bid for Disneyland Paris

Ooh, I eagerly await my takeover!
Anyone heard anything yet? (Of those that kept their shares)

I'm with Halifax so I guess they will email us next week?(had logged to the account and nothing there yet) Hubby really sad, I'm not so much as I guess I saw this coming... Hopefully its all for good, and you never know maybe one day they will be back on market and share prices wont be too high then...

The Walt Disney Company has to now apply to the French financial markets regulator L’Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) for a mandatorytake-over.

They are expected to do this on 20 June 2017.

We will then have to wait for the AMF to make their decision if they will allow TWDC to takeover Euro Disney - it could take days, or it could take months.

The Walt Disney Company will be compulsory buying the remaining shares from shareholders at €2.00 per share.

The French financial markets regulator L’Autorité des marchés financiers issued a notice today confirming that Euro Disney S.C.A. shares will be compulsory withdrawn from the Euronext Paris stock exchange on 19 June 2017.

The listing of Euro Disney S.C.A. shares on Euronext Paris was suspended prior to the opening of the stock exchange yesterday.

The 19 June 2017 will also be the date of the start of the implementation of the compulsory withdrawal procedure for Euro Disney S.C.A. shares belonging to shareholders who never took part in the Simplified Cash Tender Offer.

Following today’s delisting of Euro Disney S.C.A.‘s shares on the Euronext Paris, a mandatory buy-out will apply to all the remaining Euro Disney shares that The Walt Disney Company do not own, i.e the 22,661,121 shares they did not purchase during the Cash Tender Offer or via the stock market.

Euro Disney shareholders will receive compensation of €2.00 per share under the mandatory buy-out.

Upon the closing by Euroclear France of the affiliates’ accounts (scheduled for 19 June 2017), the custody account-keeping institutions will require from BNP Paribas Securities Services, acting as the custody account-keeper appointed by The Walt Disney Company the payment of the compensation for the shares registered in their books not owned by the TWDC and which are therefore subject to the mandatory buy-out, and will credit the accounts of the shareholders with the compensation payment due to them.

Compensation payments not requested by the custody account-keeping institutions on behalf of the beneficiaries will be kept by BNP Paribas Securities Services for a period of ten years after the mandatory buy-out after which they will be transferred to the Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations.

Such compensation payments may be claimed at any time by their respective beneficiaries, subject to a thirty-year statute of limitations, after which such funds will become the property of the French Republic.

For those who sold with Halifax, I contacted them today as funds not showing yet. They're waiting on a date and said they will send a notification when the funds are available.

Those that did not sell during the Offer will have to wait between 6 - 12 months to receive their compensation payments from the compulsory purchase of their shares.

For those who sold with Halifax, I contacted them today as funds not showing yet. They're waiting on a date and said they will send a notification when the funds are available.
Thank you, Julie :flower1: I received the funds for the registered shares I held with Societe Generale over the weekend, now just waiting on the funds from the ones with the Halifax.

What are other people going to spend their money on? I've already spent mine :blush:

What are other people going to spend their money on?

We decided to donate the proceeds from the sale of our shares to the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund to support those who were injured or bereaved in the terrorist attack at the Manchester Arena.

I've also been contacted by a few other Euro Disney shareholders who are also doing the same, and so far we have just over £9,500 pledged and we are going to try and get The Walt Disney Company to match the donation.

More info here.

we had our shares with Halifax and didn't sell and today got an email and money were available on the account... so it was quite quick in the end...

Mine too! Money waiting to transfer, just in time for our spending money at DLP next month.

Same. Might buy myself some nice Disney ornament (maybe a large Traditions or something like that) to keep the memory alive!

So, I guess we should expect to receive these 10 year membership cards soon?

So, I guess we should expect to receive these 10 year membership cards soon?

The Walt Disney Company are still in the process of settling with Euro Disney S.C.A. shareholders whose shares were compulsory purchased. Once that is completed I expect we will hear from the shareholders club on whether they are going to honour their promise of extending shareholder perks for 10 years.

Might buy myself some nice Disney ornament (maybe a large Traditions or something like that) to keep the memory alive!

Just found the perfect chap!
917d%2BYh5h8L._SL1500_.jpg

Discount related question - when purchasing discounted park tickets, does the member need to be present? i.e. can I purchase on behalf of family if I'm not on the trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter