The Walt Disney Family Museum - August Events

Merry Mousketeer

Hey there, hi there, ho there!
Hi DISers,

There are some cool things happening at the museum in August. I am especially intrigued to meet the actor who portrayed Travis Coates (and had to shoot Old Yeller), fought off those pirates as Ernst Robinson, was a Shaggy Dog and played the Monkey's Uncle Merlin Jones. Tommy Kirk is one of my favorite Disney actors from my childhood. I hope to see you there!

Film of the Month: August 1 - 30, 2010
Swiss Family Robinson (1960)

1:00 and 4:00 pm (daily except Tuesdays and August 13, 14, and 21),
A family... a shipwreck... a deserted island... What should they do to survive? Build a home (in a tree), protect themselves (from pirates of course), and fall in love! Life on an uninhabited island doesn’t sound so bad after all.

Friday August 13 and Saturday August 14, 2010
John Canemaker Presents Two Guys Named Joe

Friday August 13 6:30pm, Theater
Saturday August 14 3:00pm, Theater
Academy Award-winning animator and renowned animation historian/author John Canemaker presents an illustrated lecture on Joe Grant (1908 - 2005) and Joe Ranft (1960 - 2005), two unique and important creative influences on the art of storytelling at the Walt Disney and Pixar studios. Join us for a book signing following each discussion.

Saturday August 21
Inside the Tree House with Tommy Kirk

3:00pm, Theater
An adventure of a life time! Learn what it was like to salvage goods, live in a tree, build new inventions, and explore the island. This presentation will give you an inside look at what it was like to work with Walt and be a member of the Swiss Family Robinson cast.

Tickets are available at the museum website: http://disney.go.com/disneyatoz/familymuseum/index.html

Thanks! I listen to Mousetalgia and they are always talking about the interesting events they went to at the museum. I have got to get over there this summer!

I also listen to Mousetalgia. I keep trying to recognize the hosts at the museum events, but never do. They seem to prefer to remain undercover. It's a good Disneyland-centric podcast.

Hi again, Merry Mousketeer. Two Mousetaglia podcasters were at the museum's Carolwood Pacific event over Memorial Day weekend. It wasn't an official museum function, but the railroad group held their event, which consisted of a screening of "The Great Locomotive Chase" and a panel discussion, at the museum. (I even got penned!)

Hi again, Merry Mousketeer. Two Mousetaglia podcasters were at the museum's Carolwood Pacific event over Memorial Day weekend. It wasn't an official museum function, but the railroad group held their event, which consisted of a screening of "The Great Locomotive Chase" and a panel discussion, at the museum. (I even got penned!)

Hello,

I sat next to Kristen at the Don Hahn event this past weekend at the Walt Disney Family Museum then chatted with her in the meet'ngreet line. She is just as nice in person as she is on the podcast. You come away feeling like you've known her since first grade. And I got penned!

Hope to see you at the museum.

Michael

Hi CA Disney Mom,

If you click on this link, you can listen to the latest Mousetalgia podcast on your PC or download it to your iTunes library. There are instructions on the website.

http://www.mousetalgia.com/listen.php

After you listen to it, please let me know what you think. Since they talk primarily about Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, The Walt Disney Family Museum, Disney events in California and Disney films, history etc., I feel they complement the DISUnplugged Podcast very nicely since they are WDW and Florida focused.

Have a magical day!

Michael

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter