The Walt Disney Family Museum

Hi Michael :wave2: Is parking still free on weekends?

I believe the WDFM is 2nd from the right.

parking_620x390.JPG

http://www.presidio.gov/visit/transportation/Pages/parking.aspx

Glad to see that parking is still free on weekends. They have some great presentations at the museum quite often.

We were there on a Thursday. We got there at 10am. We had to leave by 12:30pm. It was not crowded but there were elementary kids who did not appreciate the museum. After I let them get ahead of me, I was able to read, read and read all the photos. I had to walk through a room to rush through. It was the time during the movies and the start of Disneyland. I cried in the last room. Now I want to read about Roy Disney who supported Walt's dreams.

DVC members receive $3 off. We paid for parking on the street. I can't remember how much. I wish it will become an audio tour. It will be less disruptive.

We're planning to go on a Saturday mid sept. Do we need to book?

Tickets are available at the door, but if you buy them online they will assign you a time on the day you choose. Buying online is better than just showing up, because the museum could be sold out that day.

Tickets are available at the door, but if you buy them online they will assign you a time on the day you choose. Buying online is better than just showing up, because the museum could be sold out that day.

I guess we should do that then as it's our only real chance/day of doing this. I was hoping to just turn up but it's probably risky for a Saturday. x

Sure there might have been a chance it sold out when it first opened, but these days there's very little chance. The one time we visited we did it on a Travelzoo discount admission where the voucher could only be redeemed at the entrance without reservation. We went on a Sunday and it wasn't anywhere near full.

Honestly - I wouldn't worry about it selling out. Visitation frankly isn't that high.

Oh ok, thank you. That makes me feel better cause we have coupons we can use for discount on the door only.

Robin and I have booked our flights to go to the museum next weekend. We are really keen to see the Mary Blair exhibit before it closes down. Also will be something different to write about in Disney Diaries 3!!

Cheers Larry.

sorry if this is a silly question, but some of the photos show a great view of the Golden Gate from the museum. Are there areas where you can go out on the grounds and take photos of the bridge in the background. I'm sure there are better places in San Fran to be able to do that, but since we will be at the museum anyway...

The best view is from the rear window inside the museum, the grounds area is rather blocked by buildings/etc. Wouldn't be too long a walk to head down to the water to get much nicer view though.

Andre

The best view is from the rear window inside the museum, the grounds area is rather blocked by buildings/etc. Wouldn't be too long a walk to head down to the water to get much nicer view though.

Andre

Nice to see you post over here Andre. When did you go? Do you have a trip report on it?

Nice to see you post over here Andre. When did you go? Do you have a trip report on it?

I was there in August 2011 (tying in with visiting the D23 Expo) and again last year during our road trip from LA to SF. I'm not so good with trip reports though...

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!